Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Describe your perfect funeral

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:22 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Describe your perfect funeral Reply with quote

Mine is this.
Keep the C of E format but ditch all the religious stuff Confused Smile
Lemme explain, i want everyone (anyone) to meet at a church. Glass of wine on entrance, smoking allowed.
Elected speaker to say what a nice bloke i was and then instigate story telling.
Cremate then leave, or booze/drug up.
Ash can be put on the roses

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:31 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want people to turn up.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:55 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy not having a service. Bury me/cremate me (whatever). I want someone to read this...

"Sometimes he was nice, sometimes he wasn't. But don't hate him, he's dead now".

Then every will gather in a marquee drink beer, listen to metal and have a laugh. Obviously family can have a separate more 'respectable' gathering in my memory if they want. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:05 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want a service, but at the same time I'm not opposed enough to go and stipulate that just now while I'm young. People can remember me in their own way if they want to, and if they don't want to, then why would they have gone to a service. Seriously, funerals are overrun with busybodys just indulging their morbid side and tripping balls off telling people "Sorry for your loss".
If I do have a service, I don't want religious crap from my mum, and I don't want traditional nonsense. Just lower me in with the Green Day song "Haha, you're dead" (not a great song, I feel playing this at my funeral would epitomise my sense of humour). Afterwards people can share stories about me amongst one another over several pints, but I don't want some fag giving a full on speech about how awesome I was, because everyone knows I'm a cock.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

b-f-c
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:09 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say, my perfect funeral is the one where I'm not dead
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:32 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would want to be dead at my funeral. Saves all that scratching your way out of the coffin.

My funeral would be a quiet one, no vicar chit chat just 5-6 tunes/songs that I liked, then chuck me in the ground and have a butty or two afterwards.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:15 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would want a tape played of me talking like I am alive in the coffin.

I would explain that it would be best to stand right back when they light the fire as I have 3 large propane gas cannisters in there with me.

I would close the audio with a loud guff and the sound of me choking. I wouldn't want people to think I was still alive. Wink
____________________
My mum smells your fingers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer



Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:21 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a real pomp and ceremony CofE funeral with all the Bible readings you can think of that are in any way relevant, and some that aren't just for good measure to bore everyone that turns up to tears.

Then I'll have someone like a best mate give a speech about how much I would have enjoyed laughing at all the shite that's been spouted so far as arry's understanding of life is:
"You're born, you grow up, you work like a bastard for 45 years in a job you hate, you die, get shoved in a box, buried in the ground, get eaten by worms - that's it folks"

Ok, maybe I wouldn't be that much of a bastard even in death but it would still, none the less, amuse me from beyond the grave - oh fcuk, no it wouldn't, I don't believe in anything after death - I'll have to re-think this one.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:28 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more likely to just donate my body to medical science. If there's a service, people can just direct their speeches to the willy in a jar.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:36 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not bothered about what sort of service I have, as I'll be dead, but the missus knows that I want 'Always look on the bright side of life' played, whistling is obligatory Mr. Green

She said she won't do it but I said I'll come back and haunt her if she doesn't. Assuming that is an option ofcourse, which I very much doubt it is but I'm not telling her that Mr. Green


[edit] I forgot, then everyone has to go and get pissed, no excuses.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:43 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find funerals rather cringeworthy in most cases.

Some vicar babbling on about you like he's known you for years when he probably needs cue cards to remember your name, shitty hymns that spout "jesus loves you" crap, even worse bible readings etc.

I went to a funeral about 6 months ago for an old friend who was murdered, shot in the chest with a shotgun and died in his moms arms, yet the vicar there was spouting shite about how this was an accident and god didnt want this to happen (that'll be the omnipotent god yeah?) and then felt it appropriate to start singing and clapping to "He's got the whole world in his hands". This was after he fell down on his knees and begged the people at the funeral not to seek vengeance for his death. I was stunned to say the least.

I think the best bet would be pretty much what's been said, few of my favourite tunes, a few mates/family saying a few words, set me on fire and then have a drink on me. Simplez.

Quote:


arry's understanding of life is:
"You're born, you grow up, you work like a bastard for 45 years in a job you hate, you die, get shoved in a box, buried in the ground, get eaten by worms - that's it folks"


Reminds me of Edward Hitlers summary of life

"Look, you're born, you keep your head down, and then you die......if your lucky" Laughing

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invite everyone I don't like, force them snort a line of my ashes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:15 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm...

Funerals are for the benifit of those left behind so I'd let them decide, if any one is around to give a toss.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stelmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:35 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to present my own funeral just to be creepy.

For added shock, the vicar would place a microphone next to the coffin and i'd read the introduction through a tape recorder in the coffin. Obviously the mourners (if any) would not know prior to it happening.

Just a shame i'd not be there to see everyone's reaction.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:45 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want massive fireworks that kill, a dozen marching bands that are all completely blind drunk, a 21 gun salute in 12 counties with real ammunition aimed randomly, and a crowd bigger than Diana's and Jacko's. I want the Bishop of Westminster dressed as a hippie to be stoned and tripping, and deliver a confused and erratic speech at the service, and Lou Reed to sing a week long tribute to me and a dog I didn't have, and Tim Roth to stand up and extoll my virtues while crying like a baby throughout, but replacing all instances of the word 'life' in his speech with 'cheroot'.

I want Felicity Kendall to be naked on a huge plinth, holding a sign saying "I was much hotter 20 years ago" and progressively younger Kendall look-a-likes on similar, ever smaller plinths for each year of her life. I want Matt Groening to attend in order to research a new Simpson's episode based around my life where I replace both Homer, Marge and Apu. I want Ronnie Hazelhurst dug up and forced to come up with a befitting theme tune. I want Dolly the cloned sheep to attend, but be chained and muzzled as if she were a vicious wild creature, and not a dead sheep.

I want all the contestants in the current Miss World to act out key moments in my life, using only a rubber tube, some Cillit Bang and their collective breasts.

I want Davina McCall dressed as a clown to host a special programme where everyone I've *never* met in my entire life gets to come up and say what a thoroughly lovely person I was and that they hated me, and for it to be broadcast live from the funeral to every continent and country, but not Brazil.

I want Parliament to furiously debate whether to ban something (but never specified) as a tribute to all my good deeds, and for all MPs to use exactly the same soundbite when interviewed later.

And at the end of everything I want thousands chickens released from high above so they all fall to earth and die from compression injuries, and then for everyone involved to step back, sigh, and ask; "umm yeah, but err..*who* exactly was he again..??"


If I can't have that then just burn me or chuck me in a hole somewhere, because I won't care, I'll be dead. Or, give me to science.

Why yes, I am bored at work...how did you guess..
____________________
A Guide To Powerbands
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:57 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the medical science thoughts. I have had too many people laugh at my small penis to then continue the mocking after my death.


<white coated woman removes item from small bag and places it on a pub table>

Friend: "What's that?"

White Coated Woman: "It's a doner's penis. Just came in today so there hasn't even been time for shrinkage"

Friend: "No way. It looks like a penis, only smaller. I'm gonna drop it in Bob's beer".

Crying or Very sad
____________________
My mum smells your fingers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:03 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.suprmchaos.com/rasputins-penis2_061204.jpg

Thumbs Up
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My body will be donated to science, not medical science per se, but nutrition. To teach people the consequences of leading a life of excess food, drink and drugs. I'm not the only person I know with alcohol induced skin conditions, beer belly/man boobs (fuel tanks fer the luv machine, hurr hurr hurr) and chronic fatigue.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bootsbiker
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 that i not in the coffin....
____________________
https://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

open air funeral, with my coffin arriving by motorcycle and sidecar, and someone reciting the famous poem by Mary Elizabeth Fry, which i can recite completely at will and at some point want tattoo'ed down my chest...

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there,
I do not sleep,
I am the thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glint on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autum rain,
When you awake in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at night,
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there,
I did not die...


Then i get cremated, no words from a minister, and my ashes scattered in a corn field.
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:56 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
https://www.suprmchaos.com/rasputins-penis2_061204.jpg

Thumbs Up


I'd do her, but her fascination with preserved cocks has put me off.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:54 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont care i would be dead Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:11 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
https://www.suprmchaos.com/rasputins-penis2_061204.jpg

Thumbs Up


I'd do her, but her fascination with preserved cocks has put me off.


Maybe she is ruing not changing the preservative sooner - that one has gone off.

How did you learn to live without it Shaggy?
____________________
My mum smells your fingers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kitty kat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:02 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a simple service at a crematorium, preferably with my friends arriving on motorbikes, dressed in their normal biking gear. If Sam is still rideable I want someone to ride him, hopefully my son, riding next to my best friend. The 2 of them side by side, behind the hearse, leaving a space infront to symbolise a lost leader.
After the service, everyone to go on their bikes and ride to Kirkby Lonsdale (my favourite meeting place) and have a drink and a butty there. Family can do what the hell they like, they are not bikers and don't understand me.
When my ashes can be collected I want them transported by my friend, either on my bike, or their own bike and taken to the bridge and scattered behind the wall near the fallen log.

I also want to be cremated with my bike key in my hand and wearing my bike gear. No flowers on the coffin, just my helmet.
____________________
Enjoy everyday, tell those you love everyday you love them
Life is too short to fall out with people
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:20 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Biker to the core Thumbs Up

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 0.83 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 133.72 Kb