Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

bike to track no plate

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

rossi_46
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:26 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: bike to track no plate Reply with quote

This number plate flips in half with a touch of the button on the handle bar

Any one got a link for it. ?

Last edited by rossi_46 on 16:52 - 24 Jan 2004; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:34 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bike2track.co.uk/

rossi_46
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:49 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: no plate Reply with quote

Thanks mate, top job.

Last edited by rossi_46 on 16:53 - 24 Jan 2004; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 11:44 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, a plate with a hinge down the middle doesn't look at all suspicious...

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilBendy wrote:
Of course, a plate with a hinge down the middle doesn't look at all suspicious...

who's going to see? It's not as if there are any real traffic police anymore is it Confused If you live in an area where speed cameras are everywhere then it might be a good idea...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:26 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
EvilBendy wrote:

who's going to see? It's not as if there are any real traffic police anymore is it Confused If you live in an area where speed cameras are everywhere then it might be a good idea...

I'd have thought that might be why he is buying it Razz Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:

I'd have thought that might be why he is buying it Razz Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

what are you going on about you strange little boy? Razz

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 13:05 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:

Surely not? I just assumed that he did a lot of track days and got tired of removing his plate each time Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
irdawood This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 19:23 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to remember with these things that, while not illegal by themself(as long as the police don't see you flip it), if they stop you for speeding for example and see the plate they tend to chuck the book at you. The guy that was caught, by his own video tankcam, doing 165mph in South Wales had a flip-up plate, which the court heard, and was sentenced to a year in prison. Shocked

I was tempted to get one for the 'trick' factor before I heard about that Razz

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:49 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr... I think the video himself doing 165mph was a significant factor in that court case.

I have heard cases of the police confisicating the flippy things (along with the num plate).

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 19:57 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 165mph wasn't proven, it was what the bike was indicating which is always higher than the real speed. Also the bloke was slowing down for all the village speed limits etc.

In a recent case, a biker was proven to be doing 157mph - comparable to an indicated 165mph, and he was given 28 days.

So two riders at the same speed, one bloke has a flip-up plate which the magistrates know about(and not illegal in itself), and he gets a sentence 12 times as long(even though the judge said he was obviously a highly skilled rider), work that out Razz

rossi_46
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:00 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: flip plate Reply with quote

Yes Tin, you're spot on, taking screw driver and changing it is a pain in the arse, i will not have to flip it on the road, as i see no reason to.

Last edited by rossi_46 on 16:56 - 24 Jan 2004; edited 2 times in total

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:05 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those flipup plate from what I can gather are a bit of a legal grey area. I can't see it being illegal to have your plate mounted on something which has the ability to fold away, but the fact you have the option of doing that will piss mr plod off.

With the guy who did the 165mph tankcam, I can't see the flip plate being the reason he got a longer sentance. His video footage will have shown prolonged speeding/ "dangerous driving" as opposed to just a single point like with the 157mph case.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 20:19 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

His 1 year sentence was way in excess of anything that'd been given before for speeding - and he was slowing to the correct limits for villages etc as I said. How is this more dangerous than a rider who was caught undertaking at 95mph+ in 40mph limit area and had a much lighter punishment. The Judge actually praised the skill of the 165mph Kawasaki ZX-9R rider.

The flip numberplate factor was heavily publicised, probably to try and discourage their use, and was mentioned by the Judge before sentencing.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:35 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they catch some one normally then they can but presume that it was a one of occurence. With video evidence it not only proves that the infractions happened many times, but that he was presumably partly doing it to 'show off'.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 20:46 - 18 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bloke under-taking that I mentioned above, was caught from his own tank mounted video. He told the Judge he was just taking the Blade out for 'one last ride' before he sold it, so he could show it to his friends. Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 296 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1