Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

rally crash and horse

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

kenny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:21 - 21 Aug 2009    Post subject: rally crash and horse Reply with quote

i dont know if its been posted

but has anyone heard about the argentinian rally with the horse

stranly he only lost 30 secs off time during this crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi8agjMAqZY&feature=related

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 21 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaaaaaahahahahaa

fucking horses
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 21 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit fuck Shocked

kenny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:59 - 22 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know it well takes off, how the hell can something that heavy go that far up and not even damage the car that much

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 22 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

fucking shame really! they should really take care of these things and prevent them from happening. Thumbs Down
Banned This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

aaronb74
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:49 - 22 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy fuck.

Shame about the horse. Like KeV6 said, they should try to do something to stop these kinds of incidents.

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 22 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenny wrote:
i know it well takes off, how the hell can something that heavy go that far up and not even damage the car that much

Hit the horses legs, not causing much damage to the car and just pushing the horse out of the way.

Regarding the video, all i can say is LMAO Laughing

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 22 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeV6 wrote:
fucking shame really! they should really take care of these things and prevent them from happening. Thumbs Down

Who is they? The land owners or rally organisers and Like what are they going to do to prevent it?

KevTM
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 22 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody with a bit of sense and compassion, surely the effort to keep animals off the road for a few hours is little to ask to keep animals alive and safe..

The organisers have a duty to keep the sport safe I would say, not only for spectators or animals but also for the drivers etc. The landowners, well, If they own the animals it would be in their best interest to make sure they can't get to the track.

Aren't most animals behind a fence for most roads in the UK? Obviously single track roads you'll find the odd sheep kicking about but there's generally signage put in place and sometimes calming measures.. if there was an event taking place involving high speed cars I'm sure the animals would be rounded up/penned up/fenced off/whatever...

I don't know, it's just me, doesn't sound like too much to ask.. a life or a lap time? Confused

I'm sure the horse is none the wiser Razz

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 09:25 - 23 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like wild horses, you not heard the saying?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:53 - 23 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of deer on (well, crossing) the roads around here, as well as foxes etc.
At one trackday a few years ago they actually had a few people on horses try cross an active trackday. Smaller animals are more common on tracks.

Presuming wild horses, which seems likely can't see any way that you're going to be able to reasonably fence off all the areas of places like that.

wilberforce
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:02 - 23 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I'm involved with organising and running car rallies, it is not always possible to fence all roads.

Look at the Otterburn Ranges in Northumberland. The farmers move the cattle and sheep away from the roads, but sheep are inherently THICK and will do the unexpected and frequently do!! Cattle are scared of noise so normally won't wander back to the roads, but as we use straw bales for chicanes and that is food even though it is wrapped in plastic, when things go quiet, they wander to the food!!

The organisers have several cars circulating prior to the competitors and will report back to the start radio any sightings of animals on or near the road and will try and move them away.

What about forests? Ever thought about the mileage involved. It is not possible to fence the tracks. OK, it is only the odd rogue sheep or deer, but they have been hit as well and this is only in the UK. Look at the Argentina plains or similar places, the size of the places are to large to manage.

The organisers do what they can but accidents do happen and it is not only animals that get hurt. John Phillips was watching the Harry Flatters Rally on the Epynt Ranges - https://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Wales-Rally-Crash-Spectator-Dies-After-Collision-At-Harry-Flatters-Rally-Sennybridge/Article/200908115352369 - He was standing in a safe place and was well versed and knowledgeable in safety requirements.

Like I said, accidents do happen, we don't want them to, but they do and we do what we can to minimize the possibilities.

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 24 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeV6 wrote:

Aren't most animals behind a fence for most roads in the UK?

The UK is one of only a few countries that does this as it is so small. That race is in Argentina and they were wild horses so it would be like fencing off every road on Dartmoor but on a much bigger scale.

On the World Rally there has been horses, sheep, goats, cows, kangaroo and various large birds been killed amongst other things. It happens, there is no way to stop it as these animals are roaming wild.
Wilson123 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

kenny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:39 - 24 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read on one of the news website they had to put the horse down after which is no suprise really

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 24 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah really funny.
What sad little people

Pat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 24 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another dreadful pile of pish found on Youtube.

Why is the image quality of these WAAAAOOOOHHHH things that folk link to always so absolutely CRAP?

Youtube clean up your act please...

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 24 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A distant family member of mine died cause he rode his harley (i know...cringe) into a horse at 50.. Broken neck and spine, instant death.
The horse had escaped from somewhere and was standing round the bend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 24 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:

Why is the image quality of these WAAAAOOOOHHHH things that folk link to always so absolutely CRAP?

They are not the BBC, and not going to supply us all with HD video cameras instead of camera phones. Blame those that put the clips on not YouTube. Wink

kenny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:38 - 24 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
Another dreadful pile of pish found on Youtube.

the link on the news website it was on had the video removed so i had to you tube it
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 220 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1