Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Disallowing Guests from posting

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 24 Jul 2003    Post subject: Disallowing Guests from posting Reply with quote

I know this has come up before and I understand the restricting posts to registered users does limit things somewhat, but generally if someone has something sensible to say they will register without a problem, we have had many noobs register recently that have made good posts - It seems that the only posts that guests make are ones we could do without anyway!?

I will admit that ignoring 'twat' guests does make them go away eventually, but what about registered users that make anonymous posts that way - they can be just as annoying!

Anyway /rant over/, sorry - just fed up with spending ages trawling through meaningless posts by complete morons!

Rob

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 24 Jul 2003    Post subject: Re: Disallowing Guests from posting Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
just fed up with spending ages trawling through meaningless posts by complete morons!

I know how you feel Wink

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 24 Jul 2003    Post subject: Re: Disallowing Guests from posting Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Rob wrote:
just fed up with spending ages trawling through meaningless posts by complete morons!

I know how you feel Wink

And those are from the registered users!!! hahahahaah Laughing Laughing

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 24 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

er yea.....you Razz

old git Wink

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 15:49 - 24 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile hehe, i agree totally, the only problem you have then is a lot of people wont sign up if theye forced too. Saying that on a lot of the bords ive visited recently ive read through a few of the posts, decided i liked the look of the place and signed up. If these guests dont like the look of our forum then they wont sign up so it wont really be a loss.

And Kris less of the old git, didnt anyone ever tell you to show respect to the aged. Wink Only messin Rob Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 24 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - most forums I have looked at have asked you to register before making a post - I don't think it's too much to ask! It's not as if you have to give many details to register anyway!

I'm sure you will still get twats registering with stupid details just to make their pathetic posts, but hopefully it would put most of them off! Confused

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 16:02 - 24 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, ill talk to kornel about it but unless quite a few of the other regulars agree i cant see it happening Sad

We could always tie him down and beat him until he agrees Smile You up for that Rob? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 24 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring the rope! Laughing

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 16:07 - 24 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile hehe, ive got some bats.... run Kornel, run i tell you!

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 25 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this too! perhaps limit the posts to FAQ's like a few other peeps said.

the thing is, to be honest do we want thousands of regular members anyway? we're ment to be a tight knit bunch and everyone likes that if we have too many then this environment will fade away.
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 14:03 - 25 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest posting is now off...

I'm doing this as a test, let's see how things go.

Crazy Manx Man
The Fly Swatter

PostPosted: 05:10 - 27 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

also...how about the possibility of stopping guests from viewing attachments....some attachments I only add for a small targeted audience, basically for thos ein the know about the subject, which can reveal alot about the person and invite arguments etc....Just an idea...so far I'm not missing the guests. Smile

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:44 - 27 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought... how about preventing guests from posting in Flights and Flame wars?

Okay, this may mean they start making their own threads in General, but anything moved to FaFW will require registering before they reply, so at least we can get some sort of consitance in flamers Razz
TGE125NSR This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:12 - 27 Jul 2003    Post subject: Re: yeh Reply with quote

Yea, you do get some arseholes posting loads of crap and flame posts on scooter forums don't you Razz

Confused

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 20:41 - 31 Jul 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

that plopper is back posting as a guest.
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 277 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1