 lilredmachine World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:22 - 29 Sep 2009 Post subject: DRZ-400e Supermoto + DR350! SOLD! |
 |
|
Registered on a 51 plate, circa 9000 miles. Bike spent it's first 5000 miles as a low level enduro comp bike. Has big brake kit with wavey disks front and rear and braided line on rear, morad rims laced on to Talon gold hubs with a reasonable pair of Dunlops on them (rear is fairly recent). Bike wears black and white acerbis plastics all over with the original plastic tank sprayed black and has a stainless CRD Pipe from mid back, front is standard E-spec header. Chain is Renthal gold as are the sprockets. Bars are renthal too with risers. Suspension is standard RWU with the usual adjustments.
Issues:
Motor made a nasty noise from the top end last time I used it, I killed the motor quick as I could and haven't tried to fire it up since. It still turns over fine with no noise so I'm guessing it's a valve train issue.
The chap who fitted the rims on the bike obviously thought that although he'd spent nearly a grand on the rims and hubs, stretching to stainless spoke adjusters was 10 quid too far. Hence the rims could do with stripping and rebuilding with stainless adjusters as the ones on there are rusty.
Rear brake does not work. I have had it to bits and cannot figure out why. Fluid pumps when the pedal is pressed, it doesn't loose any so there isn't a leak. I can't figure it out. Maybe the caliper is seized.
It always started every time, never needed a charge but the headlight and tail light worked intermittently. Again, I had a multimeter on it and could never figure out why.
Tank spray job was by the previous owner and didn't seem to be up to much. This was confirmed when the paint fell off. Leaving that lovely poke a dot effect. Needs a respray, I was to busy riding it to bother.
Motor ran 41 rear wheel hp on the dyno last time it was run, so I'm guessing it's not standard in there. It pulled very hard for a DRZ, I had a go on my friends standard 400 sm and nearly died of old age waiting for it to get going. Bike was always nice to ride and the brakes were fantastic.
Spares:
Full off road kit with crosser rims running FIM legal rubber and moto discs, original off road plastics, E-spec off road 'silencer' (not road legal!) original clock with 5000 miles on it, spare sprockets with various gearing options front and back. Other bits I'm sure I've forgotten...
Looking for a grand or near offer for someone to come with a van and take the lot, either use it to pimp their DRZ or break it and sell the fancy parts and off road kit to make a profit. The high performance carb alone is a must have upgrade for a stock DRZs. I simply don't have time as I work full time and am doing driving lessons and also trying to get a 1970 Viva on the road. I just need a reliable bike to get to work and back. Show it some TLC and it's a fantastic bike, punchy, light, flickable and the front seems to be forever pointing skywards. As an added point, I only have the V5, bike is presently SORN with no MOT or tax.
Would like to add, will welcome any trade, maybe plus cash if the bike is nice and something I would want, for a roadworthy bike with an MOT, even a 125.
Pictures I took this morning:
https://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5357/dscf0135m.jpg
https://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1875/dscf0136c.jpg
https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/259/dscf0137p.jpg
https://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2444/dscf0138d.jpg
https://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4625/dscf0139f.jpg
Bump!
Sweeten the deal, I'll throw in my DR350 1996 leccy start model for the grand. shot through it's MOT last time, but at 24,500 miles she's getting noisy. I took it off the road to avoid her doing something stupid like dropping a valve and wrecking the motor. She's been sat for around 12 months so the chain and sprockets could maybe do with replacing due to seized links and the exhaust (original, rare as hens teeth and chocolate teapots in a bag made of soft shell turtle skin) sanding back and wafting over with VHT paint, but apart from that she's pretty good nick. Good pair of Continental tyres, acerbis frame guards and crash undertray, handlebar loops, knuckle protecters and braided lines front and rear made it a great winter hack. (maybe slightly doing it a disservice there, it's better than that) Have documentation.
Willing to take offers on both bikes, both are SORN and with no MOT (however the DR350 will probably get through one as it is seen as it passed in february last year and hasn't been ridden since). Really need them gone.
Pics of them having a couple moment:
https://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7959/dscf0144.jpg
https://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5260/dscf0140y.jpg
https://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9025/dscf0141z.jpg
https://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6348/dscf0142q.jpg
https://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4814/dscf0143j.jpg ____________________ Bikes: too many, too much for one man to maintain anyway. |
|