Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Cat problems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:23 - 19 Oct 2009    Post subject: Cat problems Reply with quote

Hi,

After a bit of advice about our cat. The little bugger won't stop spraying. We've tried everything we can think of, but he won't stop and it's now been for years. We've moved 3 times and each time he seems fine for a while, but then he starts up again. We only have the 1 cat, although there are lots of others in the area.

Is there anything that can be done to stop him spraying? We don't want to have to get rid of him, but as we are currently trying for children, it just isn't healthy
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:33 - 19 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say, he has been done since he was about 6 months old, he's now 5 and a half
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 19 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ding.net/bonsaikitten/gray.html
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SlimRick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:23 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start pissing on his stuff and see how he likes it. He'll take the hint.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:57 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always you guys are full of class advice!

I suppose I could punch him in the tits!
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SlimRick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:03 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribal_tiger wrote:
As always you guys are full of class advice!

I suppose I could punch him in the tits!


All 8 of them! Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:12 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

is he an indoorsy cat? If so, why not try him inside for a month or so. I think they only get territorial when there are others on their patch. And once he's sprayed your house top to bottom, he'll not have to do it again! Obviously, clean it up.... He will still be able to smell it though, so he shouldn't keep doing it.
If the little fecker wants to go outside all the time though, I don't know what to tell ya.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:18 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a phermone spray, I did spends loads on plug ins that are meant to help cat but she actually pissed beside them. I got the spray as it was cheaper and she still pisses. So dont even waste your money on sprays. My cat has been in the same house for 4 years and has always done this and she is 9. I spoke to vets they says its just a personality thing. So if the permone spray dont work and its not medical they are bastards. Mad

My cat pees on my fucking dining table. Twisted Evil
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are fuckers for it, my cat Rambo did it all the damn time, the number of days I went to college and didnt realise until I was sat in lectures that my backpack stank of cat piss/spray, he was lucky he didn't have a rondevous with a brown sack, a river and a couple of bricks.

We took him to the vet and since he'd already had his 'tater tubes snipped there was little advice she could give.

Not sure what we did to stop him in the end, but eventually he grew out of it anyway.

Not much help I know, but I have felt your pain! No matter how angry it gets me though, I'm still a sucker for it when they come up and give a head-butt. Bastards got me wrapped round their mingey little paws!

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:50 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:

Not much help I know, but I have felt your pain! No matter how angry it gets me though, I'm still a sucker for it when they come up and give a head-butt. Bastards got me wrapped round their mingey little paws!

GhostRider


Yeah I am the same, that little headbutt and old telephone noise they make , you cant stay angry at all at them. Neutral even though you feel like making a rug of them when they piss on your cloths. Rolling Eyes My cat does a poo in the bath downstairs to. Thankfully we have more than one bath so that one get a lot of bleech chucked in it. I have no idea and nore does the vet now.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:52 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
telephone noise they make


What, your cat plays the theme from Shaft?

Smile
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:56 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
dragonfly wrote:
telephone noise they make


What, your cat plays the theme from Shaft?

Smile


Your phone plays the theme of shaft ? Shocked

IU cant discribe, cat owners will know what I mean. its a brrrrrrr*tongue roll*.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:23 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
brrrrrrr*tongue roll*.

[quivvers] Shocked Whistle Praying
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:01 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
dragonfly wrote:
brrrrrrr*tongue roll*.

[quivvers] Shocked Whistle Praying

Strangely I know exactly where you're coming from

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Slgnzayyf7I/AAAAAAAANGY/JJIRtOyXNUM/s400/catwoman-560x420.jpg
...nice pussy, let me have a stroke Very Happy

Thumbs Up
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:45 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

All booked in to the vets on Friday to make sure he doesn't have a urine infection or something similar which I've heard can make them do it. Having to borrow a dog carrier from the vet to bloody get him there!

If this doesn't help I think he's going to have to go.
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you go getting rid get the felaway spray or plug in to try. In all fairness my cat seems a lot happier and has groomed herself a bit better since I got it. Even though she still does pissing incidents on random objects but then I have two dogs so I think there maybe an ongoing battle here.

It drives Mr dragonfly up the walls who treatenes to kick her out when she does it. Funny enough its always on his stuff she pees.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:57 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he definitely spraying? Most (not all) cats don't release a spray after they've been done. They just shake they're arses at things. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a female cat so they dont spray like males so I assumed you meant cat was peeing. And male cat urine is smellier than female Sick My cats shakes her arse with tale in air but nothing comes out is that what yours is at? my cat does that sometimes when you walk up to pet her she circles tip toeing on the back lags with tail up.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:51 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've two young male cats (16 months old). They were neutered at 6 months and kept indoors with a litter tray, then became day-time outdoor cats at 9 months old. Not had any indoor accidents but I have noticed that one of them does the 'spraying' action without releasing any scent. The litter tray is still indoors for night time use, but they rarely use it these days preferring to do their business outside.

The spraying action seems more of an instincitve thing and had me in a complete panic to start with as I thought I'd the start of what your're going through. I read up loads and the general consensus seems to be if it's late onset and not a more straight forward health issue, that it tends to be stress related. Change of home, new cat on the block or changes in the household.

BTW the best tip that the Breeder gave me was to use their carrying baskets as cat beds. I take off the doors and then one is tucked against the radiator behind the sofa out of sight and the other against the radiator in the office room. Both are used frequently as their hiding / sleeping spots. It means that at Vet time they are totally chilled about being taken in the carriers which makes life very much more pleasant!
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:55 - 20 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
I think I posted this before, it was my solution. Catch him at it, pin him down and piss on him. Laugh if you like, but it worked for me. It's a male-dominance thing and the cat knows exactly what's going down.


Lmao *Applauds*

I can fully see how that would work that. I can just imagine the wife walking in with the shopping to find you pissing on the cat........how do ya explain that one away!! Laughing Laughing

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:45 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is definatly stuff coming out when he sprays! I've been caught by it a few times! We're also sure it's spraying and not pee'ing. It's the good ole back up to something and shake that tail spraying!
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:38 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, TT I've looked in my book and it says the following:

Dont' bother :
Arrow rubbing his nose in it,
Arrow punishment,
Arrow reasoning with him ( Rolling Eyes ),
Arrow orange peel or bacofoil ( Shocked )
Arrow air freshners.

Do try:
Arrow Taking him to the vet for check up
Arrow Clean the sprayed area with hot water, kitchen towel and then use Feliway spray
Arrow Increase play activity with some feather and fur fun ( Neutral )
Arrow Place small bowls of food at spray sites (last resort option)
Arrow Add another litter tray

Cat's are new to me, so not really sure if this helps, but always worth a try! Laughing
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:15 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
I think I posted this before, it was my solution. Catch him at it, pin him down and piss on him. Laugh if you like, but it worked for me. It's a male-dominance thing and the cat knows exactly what's going down.


MrsGixer used to have a male rabbit that was kept indoors, he kept spraying everywhere and trying to hump anything he could (slippers were a favourite).
When MrsGixer was out one day, and he went on a spray frenzy, i slung him into his cage, unzipped the old chap and pissed all over him and his hutch.
Problem solved.

Failing that, try your local kebab shop, they'll be happy to take him.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:54 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonka wrote:
Well, TT I've looked in my book and it says the following:

Dont' bother :
Arrow rubbing his nose in it,
Arrow punishment,
Arrow reasoning with him ( Rolling Eyes ),
Arrow orange peel or bacofoil ( Shocked )
Arrow air freshners.

Do try:
Arrow Taking him to the vet for check up
Arrow Clean the sprayed area with hot water, kitchen towel and then use Feliway spray
Arrow Increase play activity with some feather and fur fun ( Neutral )
Arrow Place small bowls of food at spray sites (last resort option)
Arrow Add another litter tray

Cat's are new to me, so not really sure if this helps, but always worth a try! Laughing


Cheers for this. I've just been down town and picked up a new, larger litter tray, and we keep it somewhere wuite and tucked away as recommended. I've booked him into the Vet this Friday so we'll see what they say!
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:03 - 21 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.stcstores.co.uk/ekmps/shops/seatontrading/images/362%5B1%5D.jpg

Question Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.18 Sec - Server Load: 0.73 - MySQL Queries: 17 - Page Size: 140.32 Kb