Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Tide is turning

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:18 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Tide is turning Reply with quote

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/26/kent_police_tall_explanation/

Precis police arrest somebody cus they can.

Turned out to be an unlawful arrest, police in trouble*



*i.e it will be swept quietly under the carpet.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:38 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can illegally arrest me as many times as they like, the compo would be very welcome.
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:05 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine. He's a very tall ginger guy, has a beard and slightly scruffy appearance and was waiting outside a train station for a good half an hour to an hour for his girlfriend to meet him.

In that time he was stopped by the police for looking suspicious, searched and questioned in public before they let him go when his late girlfriend finally turned up.

I get that it's public transport and all but these are places where people typically WAIT for people or travel connections. If it's "terrorist laws" that allow these powers then I think we'd be better off without them as "suspicion" is far too much a subjective thing for our liberties to hang in the balance.
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lostboy
Crazy Courier



Joined: 03 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:19 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got arrested 2 years ago for beating up a drug/dealer (he was actually a runner) with my brothers, the dealer had mugged one of my younger brothers at knife point, cops came to my house at 5am to arrest me, I was at work so phoned them to say I finished at 7am and would be home at 730am if they wished to come and have a word, when I told the operator this they actually laughed and then said they would make the arrangements, at 830am 2 cuntstables arrived and promptly arrested me, I spent 8 hours in a cell after interview whilst they made enquiries I nearly lost my job (security guard) because of this, they collected their evidence and it was proved I was at work.
The arresting officers treated me like shit, the desk sergeant spoke to me like I had been kiddy fiddling, I was subjected to samples of DNA being taken and fingerprinted my photo taken and stuck on the national database, To be fair the interviewing officer was very polite and I believe he thought my account of my whereabouts genuine.
I was proven to be at work thanks to cctv and received a 2 day suspension from work without pay, this didn't screw up my life but it could have lost me my job and what did I get from the police? not even a kiss my arse I was disgusted, I have never before been in trouble with the police.
And the drug runner? well he ended up moving to middlesborough,
4 of my other brothers were also arrested in the case but the police could not bring charges due to decent alibis, and the scrote claiming there was actually 10 people who apparently broke into his house and when asked to do a photo i.d. parade the druggie picked out people who could have committed the crime but did not even live in the area, the strange thing was no apologies from the police to any of us and my brother got his money back the same day. I always wondered how that happened Shocked
____________________
Never invite a vampire into your house you silly boy!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:25 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does beg the question, of why employ a female who feels intimidated by males who are not over six foot and under 13 stone, or in other words below what I believe to be the average?
Should the Police stop employing short people and reintroduce a taller height requirement and possibly males only?
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mushroom
Nearly there...



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
It does beg the question, of why employ a female who feels intimidated by males who are not over six foot and under 13 stone, or in other words below what I believe to be the average?
Should the Police stop employing short people and reintroduce a taller height requirement and possibly males only?


equal rights..police would be bankrupt in a week due to being sued Laughing

also if you employ only tall people thats "threatening" Laughing Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Numptie
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:53 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The amateur photographer Alex Turner was photographing in Chatham High Street."


That alone constitutes sufficient reason for arrest - by reason of insanity.

Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one thing and that's if I ever get stopped by the police for anything other than a simple motoring related issue i'll be voice recording the entire thing on my mobile phone, question is, do you have to tell them, I think if you don't then it's inadmissable as evidence, or is that just phone conversations? As far as I know they couldn't refuse anyway, there's no terrorist law yet against voice recording.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
I know one thing and that's if I ever get stopped by the police for anything other than a simple motoring related issue i'll be voice recording the entire thing on my mobile phone, question is, do you have to tell them, I think if you don't then it's inadmissable as evidence, or is that just phone conversations? As far as I know they couldn't refuse anyway, there's no terrorist law yet against voice recording.


I believe if the recording is accidental ('accidental') there's no limit to it's use in legal proceedings. Not 100% sure on that however.
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mushroom
Nearly there...



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may be surprised at the reaction you get by simply pulling out your phone and pressing record.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:23 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad_Mushroom wrote:
you may be surprised at the reaction you get by simply pulling out your phone and pressing record.


I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be a pleasant reaction. You would almost certainly be arrested on some trumped-up charge and any evidence you'd garnered on your phone would be mysteriously deleted.
____________________
A good loser will always be a loser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:43 - 27 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
I know one thing and that's if I ever get stopped by the police for anything other than a simple motoring related issue i'll be voice recording the entire thing on my mobile phone, question is, do you have to tell them, I think if you don't then it's inadmissable as evidence, or is that just phone conversations? As far as I know they couldn't refuse anyway, there's no terrorist law yet against voice recording.


Its unethical, and its not supposed to be admissable in court, BUT if there is significant public interest then this is deemed of greater importance than the ethical and privacy of the person in question.

What a lot of journos do is record them secretly THEN at the last moment reveal who they are.

There was also a doctor a few years ago who was secretly filmed for selling organs, the public interest angle overode the right to privacy and being known that you were being recorded.

But like that woman from GCHQ who also used the public interest angle as a defence against the official secrets act.

However the likely hood would be they find your phone, and start deleting things off it (also illegal) and thus destroy your case.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:11 - 29 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:
Similar thing happened to a friend of mine. He's a very tall ginger guy


This explains a lot..... Laughing

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:18 - 29 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Alexio wrote:
Similar thing happened to a friend of mine. He's a very tall ginger guy


This explains a lot..... Laughing

GhostRider


Screw you and your discriminatory attitude Laughing I heard what you said in the gingers thread, these people can't be that bad.
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ashwell-09
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:07 - 29 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the police are absolute naff!

I think they just go around hoping to arrest someone, and if they don't then they just pick on random people, especially 16-19 year old lads. I've been pulled randomly before and spoken to as though i was breaking some sort of law even though i wasn't doing anything wrong.

In my opinion, The police should be employed to get rid of actual criminals, big time drug dealers and rapists, peado's, etc, they shouldn't be given half the power they have, they just abuse it and we have to put up with whatever shit they throw at us, and if we protest we get fined or punished in some other pointless way.
____________________
Riding as fast as you can sounds like a good speed to me
1988 Yamaha DT 50 > 2004 Motorhispania RYZ 50 > 1988 Honda CBR 400
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

smegballs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 29 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading a thing in America a few years back where "patrols" of people would go out and be witnesses to policing. They wouldn't get involved they would just record the event, I think they had vid cams and voice recorders. The idea was I think to provide independant witnesses to police misconduct so they could be prosecuted/exposed.

I'm pretty sure the pigs didn't like them one bit......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.5 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 96.19 Kb