Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


wondering what bike to get?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

crackpotterpi...
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 15 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:18 - 31 Dec 2009    Post subject: wondering what bike to get? Reply with quote

Hey I am after some advice people,I am gonna sell the nsr and cg to finance getting a newer 125,am toying with the idea of a yamaha ybr 125 as I need something for comfort although I am open to any other suggestions.I have also been looking at the hyosung gt comet.Plus if anyone is interested in buying either of the hondas pm me or let me know on this thread. Smile
____________________
1990 jc20 nsr125-sold,2003 cg 125-sold currently no bike.........might get another 2 stroke me thinks much more fun
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:39 - 31 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: wondering what bike to get? Reply with quote

What is the aim of this exercise?
Do you just want a newer numberplate?

Were it me, if I was looking to splash some cash, I'd pass my test and get a bigger bike, personally.

Alternatively, spend a bit on the NSR - making it more comfortable if that's an issue for you, though personally I prefer the riding position to the cg/ybr style bikes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

crackpotterpi...
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 15 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:44 - 31 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do prefer the riding position of the cg alot more comfortable,plus as I am only 5'6 I cant ride certain bikes lol. I want a more "chunky" bike basically it comes down to the fact that I got the mrs a gilera cougar and it looks better than my cg! lol
____________________
1990 jc20 nsr125-sold,2003 cg 125-sold currently no bike.........might get another 2 stroke me thinks much more fun
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

27cows
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:05 - 31 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd look at a Hyosung GT125 if I wanted something 'bigger' that was still a 125. Naked one, of course Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:09 - 31 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it's down to looks, get the one you like the look of Smile.

Otherwise, if you want 'chunky', apparantly 5' 5.5" fits on a K5/K6 GSXR1000 more comfortably than many other bikes yet still has a moderately 'chunky' appearance (though it only weighs a tad more than the GT125, it does make a little more power to better justify the fairly similar dimensions Smile).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

27cows
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:26 - 31 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Well, if it's down to looks, get the one you like the look of Smile.

Otherwise, if you want 'chunky', apparantly 5' 5.5" fits on a K5/K6 GSXR1000 more comfortably than many other bikes yet still has a moderately 'chunky' appearance (though it only weighs a tad more than the GT125, it does make a little more power to better justify the fairly similar dimensions Smile).


You're worse than me with my RXS fixation Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:36 - 01 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved my GT125, couldnt fault it really...well aside from the shitty tyres from stock!
You could sell the NSR and CG, and buy a used Comet...I paid 1895 for mine, most ive ever spent on anything in my life...not regretted it once
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:49 - 01 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

27cows wrote:
You're worse than me with my RXS fixation Laughing

Probably!
Though, I do feel worse suggesting them now that I own one, but to be fair, I should clarify that moving straight from a cg125 to a GSXR1000 possibly isn't actually an ideal choice this time of year - though restrict it to 33hp and down gear it and it shouldn't be any worse (apart from being hideously overpriced for what you're getting) than the alternatives Smile. Just that there's a very wide range of bikes that short people can ride fine!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bladerunner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:50 - 02 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought the NSR was the bike to have if your after something with a bit of weight behind it! It's a 2 stroke and looks like say a vfr750 compared to the cbr125/ybr 125 but it's loads faster and bits from david silver spares are good value like a brand new barrel piston and head for £140 all oem...better speed,power and comfort compared to a 4t 125! I rebuilt one last year that was still on the original piston and crank after 56,000 miles of learner abuse. the same rider killed 2 cbr125 motors in less than 20k miles??? Shocked
____________________
Current bikes...cbr929, KDX200's, Rd125lc mk2, RGV250's
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 281 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.26 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 60.58 Kb