Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

offroad bikes?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 27 Aug 2003    Post subject: offroad bikes? Reply with quote

Well i cant afford a road bike right now, but im going to get a bike for bombing round fields and..stuff. Its split between 3 of us but nothing too expensive, about £500-£700 i guess. I did a search and saw that dt's/kmx are more for the road but can they hack it offroad? and the cr/yz are better for offroad use?

Will a 125 be powerful enough? my uncle is quite big, 6' odd and weighs about 14-15 stone, what about 250's?. i have looked in the adtrader/bike trader but not sure what i am looking at Laughing . A slightly tatty bike or something that needs work is fine, anybody got one for sale near Reading? and how easy is it to find somewhere to ride it?

Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:42 - 27 Aug 2003    Post subject: Re: offroad bikes? Reply with quote

Reading? What a fourth partner? Razz Very Happy

There's a place behind my work that people often go to, to do mx stuff.

Generally it's reccomended you start on a 125, they'll have plenty of power to get you started, while a 250 (proper trail bike) will have a *big* kick, which isn't always what you want when you're starting out.
Something like a cr125 will ahve plenty of go for basic stuff and help you to learn better, a lot better performance generally than the road 125s, and probably cheaper for a similar condition machine.

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 27 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Smile

i will be on the look out for a cr/yz 125 then Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 23:15 - 27 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are building a new track near me, looks like I will have to buy one soon, i may even go for one this year, dunno what though.
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 28 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

had the park patrol give me a leaflet the other day outside my house asking what should they do the shitty land near my house and the were saying to everyone make a dirt track for bikes Wink i was like Oh, OK, if that happens I want a dirt bike but a I think a 250 will be my choice though either the KX or YZ
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 28 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for the KX its better than the CR and YZ ask people who do it proffesionally, the RM doesn't even come close to any of them though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Evilbob
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:56 - 28 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr400f wrote:
Go for the KX its better than the CR and YZ ask people who do it proffesionally, the RM doesn't even come close to any of them though.

yz and cr's rock Twisted Evil (k havent been on a kx)

125 damb powerfull and 250's WILL HURT

Racer X
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:43 - 29 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever experienced a ride on a CR500 then you won't settle for anything less. The power is amazing and it has a broad range powerband. I consider it the mother of all 2 strokes(off road)
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 24 days between these two posts...

Fatgreek
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 02:39 - 22 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Nick wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmm Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 22 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSA D14 (175cc) Offroad modified, cant beat it Laughing
Provided you want to spend more time fixing it rather than on the bloody thing! Seriously though, if your just looking for something to rag about fields anything will do! I mean you dont exactly go for a KTM if its never going to see outside a single field!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 213 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1