 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:20 - 25 Jan 2010 Post subject: Breakdown doh!! |
 |
|
Popped out at lunchtime today to get my hair cut, only when I got there it was closed. Annoying... anyhow on the way there I saw this hand car wash, it looked pretty empty and I haven't had chance to wash my bike for ages - yeah you know what's coming next don't you!
Well they did a cracking job on the bike, looks a lot cleaner. Wouldn't go of course, kept turning over and backfiring but not catching. About an hour later friendly RAC man turns up with his 'fixes everything' can of WD40, pops a load on the spark plug and hey presto everything works again!
In my defence I've washed my bike many times with the pressure wash and never had any starting problems, I can only conclude that they must have done a better job than I ever do!  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|