Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Tim's VFR nc30 project.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tim..
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 21 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

As dom has said they are getting to the age now where the very good examples are turning into collectables/kept by enthusiasts or they are complete dogs devoid of any service history.

That said there are still a lot of good reasonably priced nc30's out there. Many dealers are jumping on the band wagon and charging way over the odds though.

Update:

Steve has sent me another email with finished pics of the wheels.
He looks to have done an outstanding job, just need to go pick them up now. At my request he did the hub seperately and put new bearings and bolts in.

https://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/Timon1983/VFR%20400%20nc30/DSCF9425_zpsf8912cc3.jpg
https://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr119/Timon1983/VFR%20400%20nc30/DSCF9426_zps87720753.jpg

Danimal
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 07:49 - 28 May 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could have at least put the wheels on some bubble-wrap or foam on top of the concrete. lol

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 05 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, I need some help.

I've read through this again from start to finish for some inspiration on my TL project I'm doing. I want to go down a similar route you have here and get everything looking new again.

I've got a couple of questions:

What do you blast all the parts off with?

How much does it cost roughly for a job lot of zinc coating?

And the most important question, when you send all the stuff off to be zinc coated and it comes back, how do you know where all the bolts go?

Thanks Smile

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.

b1hrider
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:00 - 27 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

massive kudos, can't wait to see it finished, read through the whole thing today. at work. hahaha!
been after an nc30 for ages, but they're getting silly money now, could buy another b1h for the price of a decent one lol.

Nick 50
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 23 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, you still around?? Been wondering why no updates and hadn't quite realised it had been so long since your last update.

hope you're ok Shocked

ppeaster
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:55 - 26 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an epic thread. Spent best part of an hour reading from start to finish. Hope we get to see the finished article.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

atg90
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 26 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

This rebuild was the reason I joined the forum. Please give us an update, I'd love to see this finished one day!

Tim..
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 27 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello chaps

Yep still alive and well, project is still going on, although 2013 has not been an easy year for me.

Building a rolling chassis to put the bodywork on so it can be painted.

500RUK
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 28 Oct 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just read this start to finish, and i must say, that is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL machine! Amazing how much time and effort you've put into it.... i'm amazed.

This has inspired me to start a project of my own..... How would you rate the VFR400 as a first project to someone with limited knowledge, but is very eager to learn and generally quick at picking things up?

Cheers, Joe. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17