Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Honda CBR600FR 1994 - Throttle cable issue, over-revving

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

s0urc3
Nova Slayer



Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:13 - 06 Feb 2010    Post subject: Honda CBR600FR 1994 - Throttle cable issue, over-revving Reply with quote

Hi all,

Well, after deciding to give my bike a good spring clean about an hour ago; I also decided that it would be a good idea to see why each time I turn my handlebars to the right, the revs go up.

Naturally, I presumed that it would be something to do with the throttle cable pulling...

I decided to tighten a nut that sits underneath the throttle as it was slightly loose...

Since then, I turned the bike on and the revs are absolutely immense; I'm not sure how to fix this problem so any input would be absolutely fantastic!

Thanks in advance Embarassed
____________________
Current: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird 99 Previous: Honda CBR1000RR 04, Honda CBR1000F 95, Yamaha YZF600R 98, Honda CBR600F 98, Honda CBR600F 94, Kawasaki ER-5 02
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

That_Hornet
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:25 - 06 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have thought what you are experiencing is the cable routing is incorrect. As when your full lock right it is stretching over the frame.

I would suggest you look to see it it is this, If it is, re set the throttle cable free play and re route the cable.

If not i would be tempted to change the cable. Might be sticking inside.

Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

s0urc3
Nova Slayer



Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:05 - 06 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers man Thumbs Up

There are two cables connecting to the throttle itself, one of them I know is the throttle adjuster and I'm not sure of the other one; but it's one of those that I decided to tighten..

I tried to loosen one a second ago to see if "re-tracing" and backtracking on my "stupidity" would work, but unfortunately I'm still experiencing the idle high Sad
____________________
Current: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird 99 Previous: Honda CBR1000RR 04, Honda CBR1000F 95, Yamaha YZF600R 98, Honda CBR600F 98, Honda CBR600F 94, Kawasaki ER-5 02
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

That_Hornet
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:27 - 06 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking Humm

I would think one is the open and one is the close for the throttle.

Not too sure then. If there correctly routed, I would just work my way down from the throttle cleaning everything and then lubing it with a sutible lube.

Check the carbs are clean where the throttle cable is.

Without looking at it tho, I am not much help.




Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 06 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you turned one of the cable adjusters. You've probably got it adjusted with too little slack, thus its holding the throttle open and revving high.

If the revs increase or decrease when you turn the bars, then the cable is either sticking, or the cable is routed wrong (as already said).
Thumbs Up
____________________
'06 Honda CBR125RW-6 ~ '00 Honda CBR600F-Y ~ '07 Honda CBR600RR-7 ~ Bikeless Sad
'53 Ford Ka 1.3 ~ '03 Vauxhall Astra SRi 1.8 ~ '52 Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.2 ~ '53 Vauxhall Astra GSi
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

s0urc3
Nova Slayer



Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 07 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the help guys; much appreciated!

I managed to sort it in the end with your help. I had a look at the throttle adjuster; watched a video on Youtube on how to adjust it properly and it sorted the problem!

Cheers Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
____________________
Current: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird 99 Previous: Honda CBR1000RR 04, Honda CBR1000F 95, Yamaha YZF600R 98, Honda CBR600F 98, Honda CBR600F 94, Kawasaki ER-5 02
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:12 - 07 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, high five Thumbs Up
____________________
'06 Honda CBR125RW-6 ~ '00 Honda CBR600F-Y ~ '07 Honda CBR600RR-7 ~ Bikeless Sad
'53 Ford Ka 1.3 ~ '03 Vauxhall Astra SRi 1.8 ~ '52 Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.2 ~ '53 Vauxhall Astra GSi
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.98 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 55.79 Kb