Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sorry not to have been on for so long but....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

chunkielad
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:04 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Sorry not to have been on for so long but.... Reply with quote

...I came back from Turkey (after seeing a meteor in the sky which is was the closest any meteor had been to earth since mankind walked the planet (yet no-one heard of it in England!!!!!)) and on the day I arrive back, my friend buys a restaurant and night club.

Two days later, he asks me to run the nightclub for him and assistant manage the restaurant/wine bar!!!

To which I say a very loud YES PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

So that is what I now do for a living!!! No more shitty health and safety videos Very Happy or trips to far away places to make a film Crying or Very sad

But you are all welcome to come up one night after the refit (in the next month or so) and have a large drink with me.

It is currently called 'The Blue Fish' but we will be changing that quickly and we are in SALE near Manchester. WE DO NOT LET ANY OLD KNOBHEAD SCALLY IN THE DOOR!!! This is a respectable establishment but I think I can make an exception for you lot Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 02:07 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Re: Sorry not to have been on for so long but.... Reply with quote

Nice one, good luck to ya mate. Smile

chunkielad wrote:
This is a respectable establishment but I think I can make an exception for you lot Wink

Ya cheeky bastard. Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:14 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you again Very Happy

GOod luck running the club, and with the restaurant as well.

So we'll be making a trip up to come and visit you then Very Happy Very Happy Cool

chunkielad
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:15 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am serious about you all coming up when we get the place sorted properly. It's going to be gutted as the last owner ran it into the ground!!!

The old website for the place is www.blue-fish.org.uk

GAZ is the old owner and the manager has been sacked (hence my employment) but the pics give you an idea of the club (there are not pics of the wine bar/ restaurant as yet).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:21 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool. Looks quite a nice place as well Smile

As long as there is a floor/ chair/ corner (sorry, I don't sleep in cars Rolling Eyes Laughing ) or something to sleep on it'll be easy Very Happy

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:15 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Re: Sorry not to have been on for so long but.... Reply with quote

Congrats on the new job and good luck Wink

chunkielad wrote:

WE DO NOT LET ANY OLD KNOBHEAD SCALLY IN THE DOOR!!! This is a respectable establishment but I think I can make an exception for you lot Wink

Dunno if it might be better if we came up /before/ the refit Very Happy Razz

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 09:15 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Craigo. Smile

You really must change the name of the bar/club mate. Anything with "blue" followed by the name of any creature that can usually be found in the sea, is usually a bit dodgy...if you know what I mean. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:21 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunkielad, is that place jus opposite the sale magistrates courts Question

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 16:34 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a very well lit club - so its obvious why you don't let any scally through the door. Laughing

Glad to hear things are on the up and up for you mate, I'd take you up on a visit to your neck of the woods sometime. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 16:37 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much would you want for BCF to hire out the whole place?

We could have a proper sort of bcf party there!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:12 - 09 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for coming up there. I could probably get a few mates to come with me, and get a B+B or something so we can get truly hammered and not worry about getting home

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:33 - 10 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a drink with you, or a drink on you??

chunkielad
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:26 - 14 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the place opposite Sale magistrates court. We will be changing the name, I don't want anything off you guys to hire the place (I'm sure I'll make a profit on the bar with you pissheads!!!! Wink)

The place is well lit but we turn the light volume down when the weekend comes.

You guys are all VERY welcome.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 232 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1