Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Private or Trade? Loan or Finance?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Couger
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:22 - 12 Sep 2003    Post subject: Private or Trade? Loan or Finance? Reply with quote

Hiya folks,

With regards to going for a bigger bike under my restricted licence, ive got a dilema in that im not sure to go for a private bike, or pay a little more and go for a trade bike.

Now the advantages of getting a bike from a dealer which appeal are that they can get a 33bhp kit fitted for me, and I can then ride the bike home, where as if I go for a private bike id have to get it delivered and then restricted (lots of hassle).

Either way which have you peeps found the best in your personal experience, getting a bank loan and buying a private bike, or buying a bike from a dealer and paying by way of finance.

To give you some information im 19 and am looking at going to an R6, as I have been quoted £830 TPFT for one which I think is pretty good. Im interested in 1999 bikes in the £3500 area.
djm This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 16:00 - 12 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say go for private with a Loan unless you get a decent offer at a bike shop. It's worth paying the extra £100 for the warranty you get. But private's usually cheaper.
A loan's almost always cheaper than finance and you can always sell the bike to pay off the loan. Harder to do with Finance.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:01 - 12 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree on the private. I have seen so many more dodgy bikes sold through dealers than privately. If you then add on the extra you're paying as well as the usually-higher finance costs it's a better bet most of the time.

That is an unbiased view, but this may be of interest to you Smile.

Couger
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:25 - 12 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for all the info people.

G, is that someone you know at all selling that R6? It doesnt say where he is or how much its going for, or his e-mail!

Cheers again all.
Cougs.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 19:37 - 12 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's G's flat mate 'Dusty' who frequents this site too.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 20:04 - 12 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

It be me Very Happy I'm in Reading, It going in the next bike trader @ £3675ono, and my mail is Alex-Rhodes @ ntlworld.com (remove the spaces). You're welcome to pop round and have a gander at it anytime.

Couger
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:04 - 12 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh ok!
Very Happy

Heya Dusty. Thanks for givin me the info, I'll probably drop you an e-mail soon. Im currently in the process of getting everything sorted for buying, went into the bank to do some account set up stuff today, and will be looking at loans etc.

When Im all sorted Ill let you know If Im going to ride up to see the bike, Reading is a bit of a trek for me! Very Happy

Ill look out for it in Biketrader, and if I dont get sorted in time to have a peek, good luck selling, looks like a wicked bike!

Cougs.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 234 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1