BCF: Bike Chat Forums

who takes protein powder?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 20:09 - 18 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet it still tastes like jizz. They all do. Nasty stuff.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 18 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont pay full price Laughing

Tend to spend about £60-70 a month on supplements which in context is about half of what i'd spend on a night out at the weekend.

It works and tastes good and I can afford it so i'm happy.

You'll know if you're taking in too much protein as you will get surplus 'weeping' out of you member Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

N.C
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:33 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much 'broscience' in this thread.

I easily get over 200g of protein a day through chicken, eggs, milk steak,tuna and whey and other foods.

Reflex & Myprotein are prbably the best UK powders.

Anyone who thinks they are nonsense and replace them with toast and an apple can enjoy their paula radcliffe body.

For a typical male you should be consuming nearer 2700-3000 cals if your looking to put on any serious muscle mass.

Work each muscle group once a week and make sure you hit it hard. For beginners you probably want to stay lower volume, 3 exercises of 3 sets, dont be thinking training like ronnie coleman is going to get you big, hes on crazy juice.

For example, a muscle group such as biceps, i know this is the only muscle group some gym goers will hit will be like.

Chinups (add weight if needed) 3x4-6
Standing barbell curl 3x4-6
Incline Dumbell Curl 3x4-6

Muscle group DONE! don't go back to it for a week or youll be overtraining.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont take protien for 2 reasons.

1: i've still got fat to make fuckoff

2: it makes you bigger, but not neccesarily stronger... i can annihalate some people i know who look bigger than me.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:

And you know this how? Shocked

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Bonny wrote:

GhostRider

Taste-testing his own? Neutral

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

N.C wrote:
So much 'broscience' in this thread.

I easily get over 200g of protein a day through chicken, eggs, milk steak,tuna and whey and other foods.

Reflex & Myprotein are prbably the best UK powders.

Anyone who thinks they are nonsense and replace them with toast and an apple can enjoy their paula radcliffe body.

For a typical male you should be consuming nearer 2700-3000 cals if your looking to put on any serious muscle mass.

Work each muscle group once a week and make sure you hit it hard. For beginners you probably want to stay lower volume, 3 exercises of 3 sets, dont be thinking training like ronnie coleman is going to get you big, hes on crazy juice.

For example, a muscle group such as biceps, i know this is the only muscle group some gym goers will hit will be like.

Chinups (add weight if needed) 3x4-6
Standing barbell curl 3x4-6
Incline Dumbell Curl 3x4-6

Muscle group DONE! don't go back to it for a week or youll be overtraining.

Ok. What's the best thing to eat before a workout, to give the energy required so that you don't feel like "urgh" halfway through and want to feck off home? Glucose?

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow release carbs hetz, porridge is your friend.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:06 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
GhostRider wrote:

GhostRider

Taste-testing his own? Neutral

Eureka. Seriously, you guys have never got curious once. Never? Never had to win an argument with a girl bitching about the taste?

Pff, next you'll be trying to convince me you never wank Laughing
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

N.C
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:23 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Slow release carbs hetz, porridge is your friend.

GhostRider

pretty much this

mattsprattuk wrote:
i dont take protien for 2 reasons.

1: i've still got fat to make fuckoff

Sorry but this is the biggest load of rubbish.

Muscle is a huge metabolism booster and by not consuming protein and only carbs thats a sure fire route to being "skinny fat"

B.C.A.A's increase the levels of fat burning hormones in the body.
Infact probably around 50% of your calories should come from protein if your looking to lose weight properly.

mattsprattuk wrote:

2: it makes you bigger, but not neccesarily stronger... i can annihalate some people i know who look bigger than me.

Strength is basically a measurement of how much can be moved in relation to the weight of your body. Protein Is a key factor in building strength, Probably THE factor as far as building it.

Gaining strength is next to nout to do with difference in diet, in fact those looking to put on size and those looking to put on strength probably follow near identical diets.

Strength comes down to the way you train. For greater strength to muscle ratio stick in the 1-3 and maybe 4-6 set range. For greatest hypertrophy stick to 6-8 and 8-12. but only an idiot would suggest you don't gain strength.

1-6 reps = myofibilliar, Dense, highly functional muscle
8-12 reps = sarcoplasmic, water is drawn into the muscle at a greater rate

To be perfectly honest one of the biggest determining factors is genetics.

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:

All these special foods are, in my opinion, a bunch of bollocks. Maybe at the highest end of the training spectrum, for the Arnie types, they're good for something, but for normal people there are bannanas and cans of tuna. Laughing

Thumbs Up
Leviathan91 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porridge for breakfast then, mon wed and fri. Thumbs Up

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:26 - 22 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw a teaspoon of honey in there to take away the blandness. I also add a bit of protein powder to the mix as well both for added flavour and the fact that it provides a little protein kickstart to the day. It's amazing how much it fills you up, I can go 4-5 hours before even beginning to feel hungry, great stuff, cheap too.

GhostRider

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:16 - 22 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Throw a teaspoon of honey in there to take away the blandness. I also add a bit of protein powder to the mix as well both for added flavour and the fact that it provides a little protein kickstart to the day. It's amazing how much it fills you up, I can go 4-5 hours before even beginning to feel hungry, great stuff, cheap too.

GhostRider

This inspired me to make porridge earlier! That and the fact my cupboards were bare Laughing

I met a guy once who would take the protein stuff with him for overnight trips and the like. Idea was that protein kept him from getting hungry and he just needed water when he arrived wherever. Seemed to do the job.

swiftb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 04 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking for some supplements as ive started back at the gym. Always use creatine as it gives me good noticeable effects. I want to add a supplement to my diet though. I get through some decent food in a day (fresh meat, eggs, potatoes, pasta etc etc) but due to working a lot I just manage to get around 2000-2500calories.
I really just want a supplement to 'top up' on the days I work as its not an issue when im off.
Not sure what to use though, whey protein or weight gainers??
Both seem to have similar amount of kcal and protein per serving so not sure of the difference really. Im looking to add a little weight 'all over' around 10-14lbs. Any advice?

skelvin00
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:58 - 28 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the informative sharing and post. I will bookmark your link also but someone suggest me this products checkout for know better...
Building serious size and strength is all about timing – getting the right doses of whey protein to your muscles as fast as possible, exactly when you need them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:02 - 28 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

skelvin00 wrote:
Thanks for the informative sharing and post. I will bookmark your link also but someone suggest me this products checkout for know better...
Building serious size and strength is all about timing – getting the right doses of whey protein to your muscles as fast as possible, exactly when you need them.

Oi spammer, you forgot to add the link to your website that just so happens to provide said products, back to cleaning toilets for the week. No SEO cookies for j00!
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 7 years, 44 days between these two posts...
gary897 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that if you empty a can of expanding foam cavity insulation up your arse, your whey powder will leave you feeling fuller for longer.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done gary897. for finding a 7 years old thread.

So tell us, does it taste like jizz, and if so: was it your own that you tasted in order to confirm this?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad coincidence that it seems, I am eating porridge at this very moment.
It's more like lumpy jizz, only golden syrup flavoured.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:57 - 10 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there still people who admit they are called Gary on BCF?

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread revival has reminded me to ask, what happened to Eddie Hitler?

I liked Eddie Hitler.

I miss Eddie Hitler.

I can't stand porridge though.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 11 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Are there still people who admit they are called Gary on BCF?

https://68.media.tumblr.com/2193abc608932b2e0b298595cea510bc/tumblr_o251wfTwqs1ummb7mo1_500.jpg

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 319 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2