 Ted World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Mar 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:18 - 24 Mar 2010 Post subject: [FOR SALE] 125cc cruiser / [WANTED] 250cc? |
 |
|
Morning all, just testing the water a bit here.
I have a 2002 Gilera Coguar cruiser-style bike in black and chrome. It is a 125cc, so ideal for someone on a CBT, but it looks much bigger.
I've not used it in over 2 years, but it starts on the button with a charged battery.
I stopped using it as it needed a new cam chain (not broken, just getting loose). I bought almost £50 worth of parts to put on it, and never got around to it.
I am willing to replace the cam chain & gubbins, drive chain, fork seals, etc, put it through MoT and tax it (only £15 I think). So basically it will be on the road with 12 months T&T.
It is no oil painting, but it a good bike. It has the odd scratch, missing one side panel, and all the alloy bits are a bit whitish. The previous owner half-sanded the engine casing, so it needs either painting or rubbing down and buffing. Or use it as it is.
I can't confirm mileage, the original speedo packed up before I got it, but I fitted an after market one, which reads everything as double (60mph = 30mph), but is easy to work out when you are riding it!
I should be able to get the work done in May sometime.
What is this likely to sell for, and is anyone interested?
Btw, I might be willing to sell it as it stands.
-------------------------------
Also, I am considering getting a 250cc to tide me over until I get my CX500 on the road.
Does anyone have one going cheap?
PM if interested. |
|