Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Advanced police riding video.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

-Savage-
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:21 - 25 Apr 2010    Post subject: Advanced police riding video. Reply with quote

Nothing spectacular, but pretty interesting to watch as he gives his running commentary, constantly talking and nearly can't talk fast enough lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4hDuPYBQVs&feature=related
____________________
My Bikes - - - Royal Enfield 500 with sidecar, VFR800, CBR600FX,
Peugeot Speedfight 100, Kymco Hipster 125, GSXR750K5, Jawa TS 350
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:32 - 25 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I could hear was 'nearside mirror' and 'offside mirror' Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 25 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was interesting, but in my mind not really any different to an average rider who is in the zone and in their highest mode of being observant and having fun trying to nail as many aspects of riding and observation as possible.

I know the difference is that sometimes we can go a bit slower and be able to concentrate a whole lot less when they don't always have that luxury, but anyone who wants to practice riding like this ought to be just as competent in no time Thumbs Up
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:33 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advance safety? Pffft. didn't do a lifesaver/check his blindspot on that very first overtake Tut Tut Tut Tut

Or on the second one.


Advanced my ass


Wink
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
Advance safety? Pffft. didn't do a lifesaver/check his blindspot on that very first overtake Tut Tut Tut Tut

Or on the second one.


Advanced my ass


Wink


Oh come on, we all know that if you go fast enough there comes a point where you don't have to do lifesavers any more Razz
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:51 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexio wrote:

Oh come on, we all know that if you go fast enough there comes a point where you don't have to do lifesavers any more Razz


There's always a bigger fish/faster bike Wink


I've been doing about 100, to be overtaken by someone else going faster. Did my lifesaver and didn't turn into him when wanting to overtake a cager Wink


The only time that statement is true is if you have the fastest bike/car and you're using it to 100% of it's potential. Razz
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:01 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, although on certain roads (long ones) I would say that if you have been using your mirrors correctly you'll know with a 99% chance of being right when it's impossible someone could have gotten in your blind spot without you noticing. That's if you're glancing at them ever 5 seconds or so like you should be doing.

But most of the time, you should definitely be doing your proper checks. It's just that occasionally when riding in an overly-exuberant manner I think it's safe enough to assume there's no one else doing the same as you (without you noticing), and if they were then they would probably not overtake you until they knew that you were aware of them. And that's when the race is on Laughing
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:07 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The race is on 24/7 Wink

Doesn't stop me from doing lifesavers though Wink


Only place I won't do them is on track...

Though I know I will subconsciously do them at points Neutral
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hmmmnz
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:42 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that was difficult to follow,
i lived in scotland for 3 years, and i was still having trouble Very Happy

im not a fan of all these "advanced" riding skills shite,
ive been riding on the road for 16 years now, nearly every day,
im still alive... (that sounded quite arrogant, didnt it?)
ah well fuck it, i wont be doing one of these courses,
____________________
the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:46 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't sound arrogant, it sounded like the truth Thumbs Up
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:41 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the checking the nearside mirror a bit odd but I suppose it makes sense. I might start doing it.

I'm used to checking the offside mirror, and I think a quick blind spot check is often a good idea.

In fact it once saved me, when a dick I was riding with decided to overtake me, after I had indicated I was going to overtake, had started the manouever, and had to pull back in, as he had decided to try to beat me to the overtake from behind.

If I hadnt done the blind spot check, I would have pulled right out into him.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Smooth
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:05 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, and common sense.

I do tend to check both mirrors -analogous to looking at the rear view mirror and wing mirror in the car and do a blind spot/shoulder check when I move out to over-take.


ps. Isn't it amazing how fast the NSL appears on a youtube Police video?
____________________
TDM850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:59 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting video but this video in one of the related made me cry inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zNUPDmnz4&feature=related

Gutted!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Faldo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:52 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recoil Jay wrote:
Interesting video but this video in one of the related made me cry inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zNUPDmnz4&feature=related

Gutted!


I've seen that vid many times before and it still makes me cringe Sick .
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:40 - 26 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advanced riders I have spoken to say if you are doing a lifesaver it should be a while before you pull out for the overtake, you dont want to be coming up to the car in front looking behind you!
If you plan your overtake your mirrors are enough (on most bikes) I do an early ish lifesaver because I have shitty mirrors.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.63 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 89.92 Kb