Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NSR bites the dust :( :( :(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:15 - 19 Sep 2003    Post subject: NSR bites the dust :( :( :( Reply with quote

totally gutted Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

binned the bike on wed evening on the way home, just got back from hospital,
thought road was clear before overtaking and moved out to double check......boom hit a car, wan't been careless or racing just a simple mistake......and i've learnt. i got a wrecked hand (broken bone in wrist and ring fingure bone on right hand mased, got bone pinned, got a hole in my knee n ten stiches....for christs sake, dont be a fool like me......wear leathers/jeans
police want to have a word with me cos it was my fault. fortunatly i was the only person injured. ripped the car's front wheel off, knee made a mess of his wing and door, not sure abt bike yet, last time i saw it, it overtook me and went into a field Crying or Very sad

im gutted Sad the drivers behind went ballistic when the police turned up so i'm gona get killed Sad

talk later, any advice would be handy

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 23:19 - 19 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, hope you recover quickly.

You said to wear leathers/jeans but jeans won't do anything, I know this from experience! Were you trying to overtake on a corner or something? just trying to figure out how you didn't see the car until the last minute!

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 23:19 - 19 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing to do is A: not to admit to anything even though it is your fault but don't blame him! Just let the insurance company's sort it out.

The police may want to do you for driving(riding) without due care and attention, as long as you're insured there shouldn't be much else they want you for.

Try and get your bike back as soon as possible, they'll have it in a warehouse charging you around £20 a day and already charged you £150 to pick it up!

I made a similar mistake to you (don't know how) I just pulled out too far onto the other side of the road, luckily the car was a reasonable distance away so I didn't hit it.

Get well soon!
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:25 - 19 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

aparently the bikes at home, some guy took it back for me, i also meant to say knee pads with the jeans Embarassed (at the very least if you aint gona wear leathers)

was on a very slight corner, no vegitation, knew the road well i was foolish and i've learnt the hard way, i'll talk 2 moro about it all, thanks for your advice so far Smile

i can't understand how i missed the car either! Sad it was a very wide corner, open with nowhere for cars to hide, and the three inches i moved across was enough to hit the guy Sad
gutted Sad

l8r Crying or Very sad

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

PostPosted: 00:14 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky man... I've been in this situation before so I know how hard it can feel. Especially when you see how wrecked your bike is, that must be one of the hardest bits. Crying or Very sad

What can I say... everyone's going to crash sooner or later, it happens. Been there done that bought the scars. Razz

Hope you get better soon and are back riding! Don't let it put you off!

John
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks, but at least you're not too badly hurt Sad

Hope everything gets better :/

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:35 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Ouch. Glad you are OK. How is the bike? We all make mistakes.

All the best

Keith

Ant
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that mate, ive come close (allways on dark roads) but it sucks when you hear about things like this!

and the bikes replacable people arnt so if your ok i wouldnt worry about the police.

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 14:35 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sorry to hear that mate. Atleast your alive and will recover, and as Ant said the bike is replacable.

Get better soon. Very Happy

Sproketjockey
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:30 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sup, had an accident on the 1st May - Overtaking just before a junc. Car didn't indicate or look, turned, and obviously me and NSR got proper F***ed over, anyway, because at a junc. police did me for driving without due care and attention therefore got £75 fine and 7 points - god damn.

Anyway, I realised that as long as I was OK everything with insurance and police etc. will sort itself out in time.

Really sorry to hear you had accident!

Matt

Will
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:05 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="one1895"]What can I say... everyone's going to crash sooner or later, it happens. Been there done that bought the scars. Razz[/quote]

Sorry mate I don't agree with that at all. So your saying that no matter what we ride and how we ride it, everyone will crash their bikes at least once? I'm not saying that I have never overtook a car or took a risk but to just say it's only a matter of time until I crash is a bit unfair.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:09 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's right tho. You will be very, very lucky to never crash. It may be your fault, or it may be the fault of the myopic volvo driver that just pulled out. You may the one that catches the patch of black ice, or the nail that bursts your tyre.

So really, its not unfair - just honest!

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 16:12 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naive so naive!

I told ym friend he would crash, came up with the same answer as you, what happens: he decks it on the motorway. As mcjam said it's just fair!
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

one1895

PostPosted: 16:21 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

wblake wrote:
Sorry mate I don't agree with that at all. So your saying that no matter what we ride and how we ride it, everyone will crash their bikes at least once? I'm not saying that I have never overtook a car or took a risk but to just say it's only a matter of time until I crash is a bit unfair.

I'm saying you most probably will crash at least once in your lifetime. It's bound to happen - there's too many hazards on the roads these days not to.

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 17:43 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimboJ wrote:
Naive so naive!

I told ym friend he would crash, came up with the same answer as you, what happens: he decks it on the motorway. As mcjam said it's just fair!
How the hell can you crash a bike on a motorway Confused Laughing

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 18:14 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, He ran out of petrol, pulled over onto the hard shoulder and the motorway turned(although you can imagine a motorway it wasn't a 90 degree angle!) and he tried to brake (on gravel he says!) and the bike slid into the barrier!

Beechy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:50 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate I can sympathise 110% with how you're feeling at the moment cos I did a similar thing on Thursday evening...

I was turning right at a roundabout and was just about to pull onto a dual carriageway (travelling at about 35-40) when I hit a bump in the road that had a manhole cover on it.

I remember pulling off the roundabout, the next thing I know I'm sprawled in the middle of the road with the bike careering towards me after bouncing off the central reservation. I hurt my left arm/shoulder and wrecked my jackets and helmet but aside from that I'm OK.

The bike's in a bad way, needs new forks/fairing/headlight/mirrors/indicators etc.. but that (although it doesn't feel like it) is immaterial. Bikes can be repaired - you can't.

I felt sick when I'd done it, I was more gutted because I wasn't pushing it - I was cruising!

So, although the Police want a word and you've trashed your bike the main thing is that you're here to tell the tale - I'm lucky I didn't go underneath a car travelling in the nearside lane.

So chin up mate - you have to look on the bright side as it could have been far worse....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Syfoon
TRUCK!!!

PostPosted: 18:59 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, sorry to hear it mate.

Hope you and your bike heal up soon Smile.

Irdawood the 2nd
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:30 - 20 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey hey sorry to hear that mate
but your still with us which is the good thing Smile

make you think tho... and we all learn one way or another Crying or Very sad

ilovens125f's
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:29 - 21 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked How fast were you going?
Did you hit it head on?
hope you recover soon.....

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:27 - 21 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your replies, you guys are a real nice bunch..i'm a proud member Mr. Green Mr. Green

amazingly the bike is very much undamaged!

both bottom left n right fairings are scratched or snapped, the left wingmirror is bent (no smashed glass) and me rear set on the left was torn off along with the break pedal, everything else (tank n exhaust) are untouched!

i hit an old merc Sad the fairing tore off his front wheel and my knee made a huge dent on his right wing and pretty much tore that off! and left a large dent and some bloody streakes along the drivers door
i was doing 50 when i hit n he was doing about 50, i think the bike just scratched along the side of his car, i remember a bang and then skidding along the floor on my knee, then the bike overtook me and went into the field.

the problem is>> i had overtaken three other cars, the road was clear and i knew there was no risk and the road was pretty straight, i kept it at arond 7-8K when i overtook so i had the power there to make a quick pass so the noise was loud, the dude who was behind me was calling me every name under the sun to the cops, my mums b/f who cam down just after it happened heard some people saying i was an idiot.
honest to god i weret being stupid, i wern't racing or in a rush, i just thought i'd slip past a few cars so the road was more open. im so worried when the police come on wed cos there gona assume i'm just another idiot bicker going out for a mad sess on the evening cos i had nothing better to do, thats wrong, i was on my way back from work and made one simple foolish mistake in which only i was thankfully injured.

i cana afford to loose me licence, i live 8 miles from town, no regular bus, can't get to college or work, itwould really screw me over.

i'll post picces of everything next week.... i just hope others will learn from my foolish mistake, please just wear protective clothing, and tripple check before pulling any stunts

thanks for all the fantastic support, diamod geezers Mr. Green
bonceunounce This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

one1895

PostPosted: 02:14 - 21 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is everything on your bike legal?

ilovens125f's
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:21 - 21 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are you going to do now???
Are you going to get a new bike or
repare the one you have??
Very Happy Mr. Green

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 19:46 - 21 Sep 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your crash, its never good to hear about bike accidents. Thankfully, you're here to tell the story and learn from your mistake.

Just play it cool with the cops and hopefully you'll be ok.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3