 tj_haine L Plate Warrior

Joined: 04 May 2010 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 15:21 - 05 May 2010 Post subject: I'm new, just wanted to say Hi! |
 |
|
Hi guys
I'm only 26 so I guess it's a bit early to be a mid-life crisis but for the past while i've been thinking about getting my bike license.
I've held my regular car license since i was 18 and have been driving since and I'm currently torn between sitting my CBT and getting a little 125cc and getting some real experience under my belt or just to go straight into it go for a DAC. I know getting my full A license would open up a whole world of possibilites but i'm not sure if i'm ready to jump on a 1000cc beast and kill myself just yet
I don't have much riding experience beyond a push bike and a few automatic quads when i was younger.
Any input some of you more experienced guys have to offer would be much appreciated.
Cheers
-tj- ____________________ It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll |
|
 Mr Hammers World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:59 - 05 May 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi tj
My advice is to go for the full licence rather than messing about with CBTs and 125s. At least if you have a full licence you can pick up anything from 125 to a 500, or whatever you're comfortable with. You don't *have* to jump on a huge monster of a bike straightaway, you know
125s are relatively expensive to buy, compared to other sizes, and you'd be paying once for your CBT training and then later your DAS, so it makes economically to go for the DAS in the first place, and choose a better (and bigger) bike for the same money.
Like the avatar, btw, nice pic. Oh, and welcome to BCF  ____________________ A Guide To Powerbands |
|