 Charlie World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 May 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:43 - 08 May 2010 Post subject: Surveillance UK |
 |
|
Another online video for people to watch, Erasing David, video about a person who tries to hide from some private investigators. While some of the stuff he does is pretty stupid, he was still trying to live a normal life.
I didn't think the private investigators did anything 'ground breaking' in the way of tracking him down, however watching the 'flash back' bits to where he found out how much information companies had on him was quite interesting. The file that amazon returned was massive, not sure how much of it was purely information on him as I have sneaky suspicion some of it will be terms and conditions.
While the information they store about me isn't that worrying as I have just come except that to do normal things (well what we consider normal now) we are going to have to give companies our information. What I do find worrying are these 'false positives' on databases, imagine a mistake of identity that gets 'stuck' in a database which then follows you around every time some company performs some sort of check on you.
It also made me think that having 1 government database could be an idea. The information on this database is just your identity, just information to identify you. Then other companies/departments link to this database for information about you. And then store which companies access this data, which is accessible by you. You then which companies store information on you and how often it is accessed. If you ever updated information then it would update information to all other database's linked to you. It would also mean if a 'false positive' situation ever occurred you could systematically go through the linking databases until you found the incorrect data and challenged to get it changed. However whether a government or indeed any company could realistically accurately run and maintain a database this large is another question.
Enough topic creating I am meant to be doing work! ____________________ Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere |
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:21 - 08 May 2010 Post subject: Re: Surveillance UK |
 |
|
Did you just say yes to a surveillance database?
They'll never run it properly, the HK system for example is pretty basic, it has your Name, Date of birth Sex and Single indentification number also if you are a wanted felon.
And with these 5 things the government managed to get it wrong, when I entered through immigration it would say welcome home Brian.. (on the little screens they have on the auto express immigration channels). I got it amended and next time I left through to Macau it called me James.
And this is with a population of 7 million. You reckon the UK government can handle 62 million AND increase the amounts of datasets to around 140+ and use the peanuts paid monkeys to keep it accurate?
I mean the DVLA I had to send my V5c several times to spell my name right and that is 8 letters. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
 Charlie World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 May 2007 Karma :   
|
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:35 - 08 May 2010 Post subject: Re: Surveillance UK |
 |
|
Such things get 'stuck' on purpose, I'm sure you've seen cop shows of the US where people get indicted for things but not charged or the case drops through.
Sure your record should be expunged but it is kept forever and ever you know just in case. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|