Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pup-Project: Honda CB125TD-C; Resto & Beyond...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

deleted111
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 19 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading this pretty much from the start and if I said I hadn't learnt anything I'd be lying. I've learnt alot from this, and it's compiled in such a manner that it's entertaining as well as informative.

A joy to read, keep up the good work! Karma

Cheers,
Steve.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freaky_1
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 19 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
End of the day, doesn't matter HOW much its cost, or how much its worth.

Exactly right, but in all honesty, the literal value of this lil howler would probably be in the nether regions. The chassis is going to end up, not like new, but better than factory. Such sees the same with paint and finish. The custom touches are both tedious and significant. All in all, it's already a bike of it's own touch of fame.

The little fun machines are far to undervalued in general. I myself still have my Honda QA50 and still love bouncing about on it (though I really should fix the second gear issue). I've got a little 250 "nighthawk" that's a blast to just tool around on, a 72 Suzuki T250J that I plan to rev around on come next year (top end almost done), and I'd love to have a lil CG as well (sadly, not in the cards for a while to come for various reasons).

Not only is the bike an awesome build, with a heck of an awesome back story, it's down right eye candy. I for one would ride in pride and never let it forget that wheels are meant to roll. I suspect the same will be true of it's owner.

With that, I've got a ZG 1200 that needs it's carbs pulled and tended to. This thread's more addictive than coke!

Frank

sniff6
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 19 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slam wrote:
I've been reading this pretty much from the start and if I said I hadn't learnt anything I'd be lying. I've learnt alot from this, and it's compiled in such a manner that it's entertaining as well as informative.

A joy to read, keep up the good work! Karma

Cheers,
Steve.

+ 1
keep it up you pair. It's been a great read Thumbs Up

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 01:36 - 20 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

number_two wrote:
Nice project and an insane write up style. You two are nuts but strangely loveable and addictive to say the least

Why thank-you.

Write up style IS a little disjointed, innit? Snowie variousely nicks random text off me, or gets me to edit stuff for her next post, or just chucks up a load of pics with what she remembers about what we were up to! Bless!

BUT.... give the girl her due here, its another bit of personal development!

Born with a severe impairment, she spent a lot of time as a child in hospital, undergoing quite major opperations. Her schooling was at best broken and patchy, and she left at 16 without a GCSE to her name, barely able to read and write.....

She has JUST started adult learning, and is working towards her 'Life-Skills' certificate. Stuff she is actually being tought is JUST about the level that my ten year old is doing for his SATS!

I think its pretty amazing that she's writing what she is, or able to give me the gist of what she wants written to put into more words!

And it is a bit 'muddled up'. She's chronicling the stuff she does on here, as she does it....

That MEANS that random assemblies get tackled, in random order, to random levels of completion! She's a pretty random girl! Logic, Order, Method?!?!?! Err...... nope, I have to just go with it as best I can!

Write up on my webby is ordered a bit more logically, but its going together like a jigsaw puzzle, with 'bits' more or less done woring in from teh corners and the odd block vaguely where it ought to be in teh middle!

We'll get there, though!

neil. wrote:
This is absolutely fantastic but I hate you as it's taken up so much of my time to read and look at all the pics, my kids are now starving as they haven't eaten in days. I especially love the 'Engine Torture Meter'. Thumbs Up Mr. Green

Slam wrote:
I've been reading this pretty much from the start and if I said I hadn't learnt anything I'd be lying. I've learnt alot from this, and it's compiled in such a manner that it's entertaining as well as informative. A joy to read, keep up the good work! Karma Cheers, Steve.

sniff6 wrote:

+ 1
keep it up you pair. It's been a great read Thumbs Up

Again, thanks all, and for the + itive feed-back. Snowie really apreciates it, and it spurs her to keep going at it all.

neil...... you have to FEED kids?!?!?!? DAMN, thats where I've been going wrong!

Freaky_1 wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:
End of the day, doesn't matter HOW much its cost, or how much its worth.

Exactly right, but in all honesty, the literal value of this lil howler would probably be in the nether regions. The chassis is going to end up, not like new, but better than factory. Such sees the same with paint and finish. The custom touches are both tedious and significant. All in all, it's already a bike of it's own touch of fame.

The little fun machines are far to undervalued in general. I myself still have my Honda QA50 and still love bouncing about on it (though I really should fix the second gear issue). I've got a little 250 "nighthawk" that's a blast to just tool around on, a 72 Suzuki T250J that I plan to rev around on come next year (top end almost done), and I'd love to have a lil CG as well (sadly, not in the cards for a while to come for various reasons).

Not only is the bike an awesome build, with a heck of an awesome back story, it's down right eye candy. I for one would ride in pride and never let it forget that wheels are meant to roll. I suspect the same will be true of it's owner.

With that, I've got a ZG 1200 that needs it's carbs pulled and tended to. This thread's more addictive than coke!

Frank

Thanks, Frank, your comment has really endorsed my own, and helped Snowie apreciate that I've not just been 'bigging up' her bike to make her feel good.

125's, JUST becouse they are Learner-Legal, are so frequently 'demeaned' as not being 'propper' motorbikes, and viewed as toys for teen-agers or cheap hacks for un-enthusiastic commuters, people seldom stop to to consider them for thier functionality and performance JUST as a motorcycle.

Bottom line, we have a 70mph speed limit in this country, and a half decent 125 should be able to achieve that, so go as fast as you are legally allowed. OK, they might not accelerate as hard, but, their light weight can compensate and make them just as quick point-to-point as many bigger bikes if used right.

OK, so a big bike would cope with luggage or a pillion better..... but, then again, I know that I'd rather sit on the back of Snowies Super-Dream, than say a ZX6r, over any distance! And the handling of the 'dream would be far less blunted loading a tent on the back for a rally!

As for your carbs.... snowie said 'bring it over'.... she's great at taking stuff apart..... not so sure about putting them back together though, but I'm sure she'd give it a good go!

As for being more addictive than coke..... have you tried Tizer?
Remembered drinking it as a kid, in a Random moment, found a can at Asda and thought to get some, 'cos I COULDN'T remember what it tasted like...... now I'm hooked!

ANYWAY! Thanks again, guys for all your support.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 01:43 - 20 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I took snowie to a Classic Trial in Leicestershire, with my old club, Peak-Classic Trials.

As back-ground; you may be aware that I'm dissabled. Suffering anxiety since a nervouse break-down saw my nervouse system stop working, so my legs dont do what they are told, I had to give up both trials riding, and road-riding.

Looking for the Super-Dream for Snowie, though, I discovered an old DT125MX lurking in the back of some-one's garage, and after throwing my leg over it, I discovering two things, first that I could hold it up, sat the saddle with my long legs locked straight, as it has a very tall seat, and second, theres bugger all weight in it to hold up.... idea struck that such a device MIGHT be a way to get riding again... maybe even do a little light Green-Laning..... so, for pocket money, I bought it, to 'fix-up'.

https://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/teflons-torque/XX-Forum%20Posts/Picture023.jpg

VERY unoriginal, but interesting, its one of the very first production mono-shock bikes, & the grandaddy of the modern long travel 'Dirt-Bike'

Anyway, I got Snowie to sit it, when I got it home, as I wondered if the suspension would compress enough under her weight for her to be able to ride it, but it didn't, and TBH I haven't done a thing with it since I got it, as we've been too busy with The-Pup.

BUT she HAD made some comment about wanting to have a crack at dirt-riding, and how it looked 'fun' and might give her a bit more confidence on tarmac, if she can handle a bike sliding about on the loose.

Then she started coveting my Cota, and asking impertinant questions, like how high the seat was!

So, before I ended up with that in bits, or blagged..... I started explaining the merits of a Yamaha TY175...

https://i.ebayimg.com/13/!B2HjL8wBGk~$(KGrHqEOKiUE)Q)HiJgLBMhNy,2SIg~~_12.JPG

Went over to this old railway cutting today; three people siad to her "So, you thinking of havin' a goe-thun?.... ough't'get a TY175"

Snowie looked at me suspiciousely after the third had suggested the same thing..... "You bin talking to people!" She asked indignantly!

Nope! I hadn't.

Anyway, CONVENIENTLY, there were just one or TWO TY175's being fielded, and looking at one of them, its kind owner, offered her a sit on it..... PERFECT fit, it was!

So NOW we are looking for TY175's for when she's finished The-Pup! But I'm not sure we'll do such an extensive renovation on one!

Was quite incredible, actually.... and I HAVE to say how freindly trials is, and REALLY reccomend any-one interested in having a go at motor-sport, and particularly motorcycle competition have a look at it.

I mean, turn up at a road race or scramble, how many riders would let you sit on their bike while they are queued up for the start line! If at all!

And, as a sport, it is just SO easy to get into!

Events up and down the country every week-end; you ONLY need an ACU trials licence costing £10, with NO medical or insurance or anything on top, to sign up, and entries cost about a tenner a go.

You can pick up an old bike for as little as £300, and they may be old and scruffy, but what the heck. Unlike scramblers or road-race bikes, they dont have to be fast to win, they just have to be tough, so they tend not to be highly strung and demand lots of expensive maintenence, just some basic fettling and servicing. And built to be bashed about, they take a lot of abuse without costing an arm & a leg to fix up. Running costs can be pretty minimal.

However, sales pitch over with Smile snowie has found a new enthusiasm, and it was incredible watching her and listening to her today.

Lots of silly questions before we set out, and comments like "I dont know I could ever ride up some of them big hills"

Got there, and I ended up having an observers clip-board put in my hand, asked to score a section..... a big hill!

Snowie watched, and I talked her through what was going on, and by the end of the day, she was asking things like, "So, how do I stop the front end coming up when the front hits a bump like that one, on the hill"

She's coming on, great-guns, ent she!?

But, just as we were packing up, talking to the events chairman, who organised teh event, he let her try his very tidy Ossa MAR for size, a full 250 from an age when they were rather larger and sturdier than the light-fantastic banana-bikes of today!

She had asked "So HOW do you balence stood on the pegs without sitting down"

I held the bars of the Ossa and told her to stand the pegs and try it..... as soon as she was stood up, I relaxed my grip on teh bars, so I was only steadying her.....

Bludy girl, on her FIRST fucking time on a trials bike TRACK-STANDed the bludy thing!

I have NEVER seen any-one jump straight onto a trials-bike and do that! NEVER, in thirty years in the sport! I told you she has inate natural talent......

It already has been fun watching her grow and realise it for herself.... gawd KNOWS where its going to takle this lady.....

My only concern is whether I can keep up with her!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Freaky_1
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:49 - 20 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
As for your carbs.... snowie said 'bring it over'.... she's great at taking stuff apart..... not so sure about putting them back together though, but I'm sure she'd give it a good go!

lol, if I could afford the trip, I'd let her at 'em.

Teflon-Mike wrote:
As for being more addictive than coke..... have you tried Tizer?
Remembered drinking it as a kid, in a Random moment, found a can at Asda and thought to get some, 'cos I COULDN'T remember what it tasted like...... now I'm hooked!.

Can't say I have. I'll have to keep a look out.

A word of warning on Trials. Once it's in your blood, cigarettes, booze and other vices will fall to second place!

And on the note of the 125, the lower the seat, the easier the run for most any stature. Leaves much more range of motion to correct and in general, have more fun.

I've been riding trials for more years than I care to admit......... OK, so I have a few white hairs here and there. lol
Anyway, in all my years of trials riding, sadly I've never owned a true trials bike. I've always ridden what a sponsor would let me. Currently I'm running an old 240 Fantic in feature, a Bet-a-ha 125 mutt in bare time, and a Thing-a-ma-jig made from a Honda Reflex (I believe i came with a 200cc engine, but now sports a huge fly wheeled 180 of what original Honda origin I have no clue), in open.

If you can still manage such a bike, GET OUT THERE AND RIDE!!!! Smile Seriously, it's something you both could get into as much as one heck of a sweet Super Dream.

Now I suppose I need to actually ** cough ** .............. BUY ................ a trials bike. The businesses that have kept me riding are all but shut down and I don't know how long the gravy train's gonna last.

Can hardly wait for the next addition of "The Pup Who Wouldn't Give Up".

Frank

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 07:42 - 01 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry forks i deleted photobucket and lost all the piccys just gone to sort them all out and noticed half the posts ive done are missing so im thinking of coming back with a new id and start again
TheSmiler: binning it is better than going around a roundabout the wrong way
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheSmilerHayn...
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:19 - 02 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK............ Ive sorted this post out at last......

sorry about double posting my project but even Tef was confused when i showed him where the brake rebuild was suppose to be........

Well managed to get it all sorted Now

all ive got to do now is the write up for a load of other stuff we have got up too,but havent posted

So let the project continue

Rev Them UP and Ride Them HARD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:22 - 02 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any tell me is there a way to delete profiles ?

as now this is sorted i dont need Tefs Tigeress anymore
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 14:43 - 02 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowtigeress wrote:
sorry forks i deleted photobucket and lost all the piccys just gone to sort them all out and noticed half the posts ive done are missing so im thinking of coming back with a new id and start again

OK.... Now you can edit this post, delete comment about buggering up your pics, and give an update, 'part 1'. I'd suggest you post all about rebuilding your brake master-cylinder, there!
Tefs Tigeress wrote:
OK............ Ive sorted this post out at last......sorry about double posting my project but even Tef was confused when i showed him where the brake rebuild was suppose to be........Well managed to get it all sorted Now
all ive got to do now is the write up for a load of other stuff we have got up too,but havent posted
So let the project continue

Let it continue indeed! This wopuld make a good 'part 2' update, and you can tell the good people all about getting the switches painted, and rebuilt, and starting to tackle the electrics; adding all those extra earth wires to the indicators and ignition and stuff, then getting those fanct LED lights to save power for your uprated head-lamp and heated grips you want to get.
snowtigeress wrote:
Can any tell me is there a way to delete profiles ?as now this is sorted i dont need Tefs Tigeress anymore
This one would make a good 'part 3' blog update; and you can explain how you cocked up the petrol tank not listening to me when I said put your sand paper round a block; got the hump, and abandoned it, and how I was a really nice, kind chap and when you were away at college, spent three days, flatting it back and rebuilding it properly, and getting it all nicely prepared ready to take paint.... and you came in, looked at it, said 'very nice dear,, plonked it on the back of the sette, then sat down sending it to the floor, denting the fucker! AND how that should have sent me into appaplexy and rage, but no! I calmly, picked it up, and put it to one side, and when you went back to college did it again.... and where did you put it last night! BACK on the back of the fucking settee! Your pennance, is to get this post updated!
come-on, the people want PICTURES! you have loads of the ruddy things; you've got them all up on boto-phucket, you've even sized them to a forum freindly 400x150 pixel resolution.... let the world see your progress, dear..... show them girlies CAN build bikes... even if they do put ruddy great dents in freshly prepared petrol tanks.....
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:42 - 02 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob yarrr wrote:
bloody hell mike,how many bikes have you got

might end up with half as many as keith

technically 4 of the honda cb125 are registered in my name Razz

Amreet
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:41 - 03 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowtigeress wrote:
rob yarrr wrote:
bloody hell mike,how many bikes have you got

might end up with half as many as keith

technically 4 of the honda cb125 are registered in my name Razz

you gonna build them all up then? Wink

how about one bone stock, one caf racer, one trials and the last hardtail bob? Twisted Evil

you have got a pretty impressive pile of bits accumulating!

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:25 - 03 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amreet wrote:

how about one bone stock, one caf racer, one trials and the last hardtail bob? Twisted Evil

I dont think Tef would let meeeeeeee lol

This projects is at about £1300 and still have £500+ to spend

But i do like the idea if I had all 7 of them I could have a different ride each day Very Happy

Different custom paint jobs

Ok time for a lot of eye fluttering i think.........

actually Im already looking for a Yahama TY175 project so that i can have a go at trails

Amreet
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:43 - 06 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowtigeress wrote:
Amreet wrote:

I dont think Tef would let meeeeeeee lol

This projects is at about £1300 and still have £500+ to spend

But i do like the idea if I had all 7 of them I could have a different ride each day Very Happy

Different custom paint jobs

Ok time for a lot of eye fluttering i think.........

actually Im already looking for a Yahama TY175 project so that i can have a go at trails

Do it! Much better build those up than let them sit in a heap and rot.
ok maybe 7 is a little ambitious
and as for trails, build up one of the hondas for off roading! new swing arm and forks, long travel shock, hand make some high level 'zorsts and nobblies and youre away!

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 23:59 - 06 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amreet wrote:
Do it! Much better build those up than let them sit in a heap and rot.

They aren't rotting, they are 'apreciating'!
No, in truth, there are 5 'complete' bikes, including Snowie's 'Pup'
I went a bit e-bay crazy in the spring, trying to find a decent project base for Snowie's 'Pup'.
First bike we got was fkt.
When she got it apart, the back suspension had been completely butchered. So I took that one off her hands, so she didn't get too disheartened, aquiring another frame and swing-arm in a garage clear-out, to see if I could make up a viable bike out of it. That accounts for 'two' of the collection. One scrapper, and a frame that might be rebuilt with its bits.
I then found a very nice looking black Super-Dream, very low bid price, Taxed and Tested, but with a dead engine. Put in a silly low bid, thinking I had three chances.
- I'd not get it.
- If I did get it, it might be an easy fix, dumping the engine out the scrapper in it, to give Snowie a rider while she built the pup;
- or it would make a reasonable project base for her to built the pup from.
Got it home, and it was in too tidy a state to pull to peaces. It just didn't need it. with the motor from the scrapper, could have made snowie a summer rider, but she was keen to get the project done, and ride that, so I moth-balled it for later attension.
We then bid on two bikes similteniousely. Both looked good project bases from descriptions, one coming with a second bike, described as a Cat-C write off 'for spares only'.
Didn't know if we'd win either, but won both! But again, chances, and idea was that Snowie could choose the one she preffered as the basis for her 'Pup-Project', I'd 'do' the other one as occupational theropy.
Snowie chose the Red-One, leaving me the Silver one!
And I'll confess that I haven't given either the silver one, or the black one much attension since.
Snowie demanded most of my attension on the Pup.
But then another one came up cheap on E-bay. Very cheap in fact, and conveniently local, like the black-one, Taxed & Tested, but dead engine. Very dead! Again, didn't expect to get it, but did, and since it was the last in, so at the front of teh stack, and it still had T&T on it, that's the one I started on, about a month after Snowie started work on 'The-Pup'.
https://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/teflons-torque/Little%20Dreams/Bike325.jpg
And to be fair, I'd hardly call this 'Rotting'!
Snowies 'Pup' is currently a few feet away from me behind the settee, waiting on the arrival of some electrical bits and pieces, including a pair of heated grips, for the wiring to be arranged.
THAT is 'The Corporal', the bike I spent the summer stripping and rebuilding, and that's Snowie in the saddle!
In the time its's taken her to get the Pup where its at, that bike has been stripped to the frame; painted. Had the front forks rebuilt. The back suspension rebuilt. Had the head-race bearings replaced. Had the brakes over-hauled, had the electrics 'sorted', spent a week in the polic pound, when a couple of local scroats decided to try and twock it, but got no further than the corner of the street where they dumped it in the hedge, and from where the police sent the recovery people, first thing in the morning, before I woke up, to 'recover' it to a compound further away from my house than the twockers pushed it, doing more damage to it in the process than the twockers, too! Had all THAT sorted back out, and after detailing out all the plastics, I was just about to start painting it, and making it look pretty, when Snowie started moaning about how long the Pup was taking, and grumbling about busses..... The T&T on the black one had run out by this point, and the engine that would have made it a quick fix, was in 'The Corporal', so I slapped the tank and panels back on, paid some insurnace on it for her, and stuck L-Plates on it for her to ride through the winter!
When Christmas is out of the way, I'll probably turn my attension to 'The Silver One'. I already have the bits in the ready-spares box to rebuild its front end, and of ALL of them, it's probably the one that actually needed the least work. Basically it had failed its MOT for a leaky fork seal and a hole in its exhaust, unpteen years ago, and lived in a garage of a bloke with more ambition than clue where to start fixing it!
So, MY project bikes are actually moving a little faster then hers, they aren't sat there rotting, I just haven't blogged them on here!
Also explains why they are registered in her name.
The fkd one is in her name, as it was originally her project. Black-One is in her name, becouse it was supposed to be her summer rider, or project, depending. Pup, is in her name, becouse that IS her project, the Corporal is in her name, becouse thats her current 'rider'.
Yes, she's been 'spoiled' stupid with these bludy things!

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:54 - 08 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finishing the Switches

https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/clocks%20and%20switches/imag1663.jpg
once the switches have been painted and looking nice it was time to rebuild them
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/clocks%20and%20switches/imag1744.jpghttps://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/clocks%20and%20switches/imag1746.jpg
By using a bit of sand paper and a file i cleaned all the contacts up and then wd40 them all
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/clocks%20and%20switches/imag1747.jpg
The tricky part was trying to keep hold of the little ball bearing in the headlight and indicator switch
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/clocks%20and%20switches/imag1748.jpg
I took them switches apart and washed it all through and once they were all dry used a small amount of copper grease and put them back together while holding the bearing in the grease and trying to slip it back in to the switch mount I slipped and the spring under the bearing sent it flying took ages trying to see where it landed
Now that everything is clean you can now put it back together
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/clocks%20and%20switches/imag1752.jpg
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/clocks%20and%20switches/imag1753.jpghttps://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/clocks%20and%20switches/imag1754.jpghttps://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/clocks%20and%20switches/imag1755.jpg
The finished project next to one that needs doing
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/clocks%20and%20switches/imag1756.jpg

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:44 - 08 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while ago I asked on biker forum about an easier way to paint my wheels, here was me having a go at it and failing....

https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/wheels/Picture058.jpg
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/wheels/Picture057.jpg
By using a tyre iron and some rim protectors I managed to take the old tyres off, also took all the old Cush drive bushes out and the bearings
After sanding all the Anodise off the wheels so that the paint would stick to them I washed them and let them dry, before I started to paint them
https://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/wheels/imag1142.jpg
https://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/wheels/imag1143.jpg
https://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/wheels/imag1146.jpg
I put brush primer over them but it was to thick and looked horrible...so i used paint stripper to take the paint off the outside of the wheels........ But it leaked through to the inside of them and striped most of it off the insides as well.
So at the moment the pup on a spare set of wheels until Tef has worked a way to paint them, or whether to clean another set up and keep them stainless
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/wheels/Bike300.jpg
but i have some lovely Michelin M45`s and new bearings and Cush drive bushes to go on to them once we have decided

Cleaning starter motor chain

We used an old deep fat fryer pan and filled it with grease heated it up on a camping stove and waited till it had boiled
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/wheels/imag1536.jpg
Tef had to put in the drive chain for the corporal as well as a Speedo and taco cable and the pup’s starter motor chain
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/wheels/imag1537.jpg
We left them in the oil for about an hour; they came out lovely and lubricated

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:55 - 08 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more plastic welding(already done a full show and tell)

I watched Tef doing it so had a try myself

https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/plastics%20and%20tank/imag1191.jpg
https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/plastics%20and%20tank/imag1192.jpg

https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/plastics%20and%20tank/Bike301.jpg

https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/plastics%20and%20tank/Bike302.jpg

https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/plastics%20and%20tank/Bike303.jpg

And failed

Think ill leave that for Tef to do

Last edited by SnowTigeress on 21:54 - 11 Dec 2010; edited 1 time in total

Freaky_1
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 08 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch gear looks nice.

Happy to see updates, have really missed reading this thread!

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:55 - 08 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freaky_1 wrote:
Switch gear looks nice.

Happy to see updates, have really missed reading this thread!

Im sorry

just been doing more welding and drilling broken bolts out of stuff

but this is as far as ive got atm

waiting on my heated grips and LEDs so we can sort the electrics out

WeirDesign
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:48 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a thread! Epic Very Happy
Fantastic work and some really useful tips too, thank you for sharing, loving it. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more Thumbs Up

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 01:21 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeirDesign wrote:
Fantastic work and some really useful tips too, thank you for sharing, loving it. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more Thumbs Up

Likewise.... like the steel-plate doors, BTW....
And Snowie, BEFORE you go off frantically trying to figure out what I'm talking about...... the answer is:-
'NO!'
You are STILL not having an airbrushed wold mural on the tank!
Still... I do rather fancy an post apocalyptic city-scape in perspective art on the Dawg!.......
But, dear, I love you THAT much, you got 'the-Pup' instead!

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 01:26 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
WeirDesign wrote:

Likewise.... like the steel-plate doors, BTW....
And Snowie, BEFORE you go off frantically trying to figure out what I'm talking about...... the answer is:-
'NO!'
You are STILL not having an airbrushed wold mural on the tank!
Still... I do rather fancy an post apocalyptic city-scape in perspective art on the Dawg!.......
But, dear, I love you THAT much, you got 'the-Pup' instead!

Your Nasty to me

look like you said we are paying a fortune for this bike for me and its a life time bike,So why cant We spend a little more on the Tank??

SnowTigeress
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 01:35 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/snowtigeress/odds%20and%20sods/grey-wolf-_110523.jpg

But look its sooooooooooooo cute

Ill sell my ody to you for the next 10 years Drooling

Last edited by SnowTigeress on 01:44 - 09 Dec 2010; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9