Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Lessons advice please

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Crystal Tipps
Nova Slayer



Joined: 17 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:24 - 23 Jun 2010    Post subject: Lessons advice please Reply with quote

I did my CBT 2 weeks ago, passed theory test today & have had my own bike for 10 days. Been out every day getting more confidence on the road, but now I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to have a few lessons before I get into any bad habits, and to get an assessment of how I'm doing.

Stupid things bother me, like not knowing what gear I'm in half the time (am I in 5th? Engine seems to be really loud, but seem to have used up all the gears!), and I'm struggling with new boots (find it more difficult to change gear now, but hoping I just need more practice!!)...that kind of thing.

What do you think??
____________________
First bike: 2002 CG. Now riding lime green 2008 ER6N.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

fiveus
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:47 - 23 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with your idea expecially if you plan to go das.reasons are to get she of any bad habits you have or may of picked up.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr-inteligent
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 23 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the cash then why not, but its possible to pass without lessons like I did afterall you have been riding on the road what is there to learn?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

gfiandy
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:30 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would worry much less about the gears and much more about observation and road positioning.

If you get into bad habits here you could end up failing alot of tests or worse still in an accident. If you can afford it take lessons, you only get one life after all. Also the lessons I had were really really good fun and a great group of people, so don't consider it a chore.

If you can't afford it get a book and read it, then practice what it says.

After passing I also did the IAM test and I can think of two incidents where it definatly saved me from an accident and there are probably many more that never got close because I was aware of my surroundings.

Alternitaly be very lucky!

Best of luck with the test.
Andrew
____________________
ANDY
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.28 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 39.75 Kb