Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Best Bike You've Ridden?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 18:41 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Best Bike You've Ridden? Reply with quote

I've just been fortunate enough to take a Benelli Tornado TRE out for a demo, and can quite honestly say that it is the most amazing bike I have ever had the privilege to ride Cool
So it started me wondering, whats the best (not necessarily most expensive) bike that you lot have ridden, and why:?:

P_J
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:45 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing to compare.

My NSR took my cherry.

Not ridden anything else... did a 750 quad bike in America but nothing else on 2 wheels.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 18:46 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably my own bike to be honest,- but then thats why I bought it.

I'd never be able to get a test ride on anything flash like a Benelli Tornado, so I only ride those in my dreams...

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 18:53 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX7R

And thats about it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 18:55 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbr250rr

say what you will, but something very special about that bike
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 18:56 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that clown Mikes got it Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 18:57 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahem...moving on

used to be a special bike Razz
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:02 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ZX6R after its new engine. Really really smooth. I can't wait till 1,000 miles is over so I can open it right up Smile

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 19:05 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, of all the bikes I have ridden I prefer the CBR250RR because of its excellent handling and flickability. It leans for ever and ever Cool

Colin had a go on it and his first comment when he got off it was 'I swear it wants to lie down and go to sleep on the bends!'

I also love its sound Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 19:05 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Well, I've not ridden that many so it'd have to be the R6. Although the CBR250 does handle like a dream!

Worst bike: RS125. I didn't get on with it at all.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:06 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what respect 'best'?

TBH I haven't found any bike recently that's made me go 'wow' since I first got the 6... and it didn't last long then either Sad.

Definately would like to get a test on a gsxr1000 to compare it to the 9 (which is only putting out a touch less on the dyno).

So far the best track bike (for me) that I've ridden is probably the r6 I hired at lydden.

The zx9 I'd probably consider the best road bike, though the suspension is a tad hard for the majority of roads and it could do with a bit more power :'(.

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 19:40 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

May i just say... Colin turned down a test ride on a bandit 1200 on saturday! What a nutter Razz

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Speed Triple. No competition!

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 20:09 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeyBabes wrote:
May i just say... Colin turned down a test ride on a bandit 1200 on saturday! What a nutter Razz

Only cos you got back. besides - it was only round the showground. I'll jump at the chance on the road.

PRETTYTIEDUP
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:10 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

My previous 748 probably. Felt pretty special to ride. I got a test ride on a 03 ZX636R though & loved it. That was also more expensive.

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 20:28 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the GSXR1000 I had a go on while I was still riding my ZXR4, the jump from 65hp to 150hp-ish is bloody amazing. Very Happy
I really did return from that little ride with the biggest grin on my face ever, and I still cannot believe it power wheelies in 3rd. Very Happy

Coming in at a close second was the difference in power and acceleration between my 'Storm and Mr L's Busa at Santa Pod, for those of you that have seen the video... you know my opinion. Twisted Evil

Unfortunately, the acceleration didn't scare me quite as much at Elvington as it did at the pod (but I blame that on Elvington having more space around it than SP thus making everything seem slower.) However, the top-speed definitely left me with a massive grin, can anyone say 195? Very Happy (indicated)

Anyways, that's my 10p's worth. The moral of the story? Get a test ride on a GSXR1000 and a Hayabusa, you will not be dissapointed. Very Happy

John
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err Embarassed

ar125

Laughing Razz

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 20:56 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not ridden many bikes in my time but, G's zx9 was the best bike i've ridden so far. However, you have to bear in mind that this was the first time I had ever ridden a bike with more than 125cc. But I defiantly enjoyed riding the zx9, I had a nice big green when I got off it > Mr. Green Laughing

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 20 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbour's R6 probably

Crash it for fun
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:11 - 21 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSX-R 1000 Twisted Evil .......but only twenty foot cause I was moving it off the drive for my mate.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 01:02 - 21 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

VX800.

I havn't ridden many bikes, the VX is the biggest i have, but the sound, the torque, and the comfiness are all the best i have experienced on any bike.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 07:47 - 21 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSXR750

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 21 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zim's Storm @ Elvington.

I remember being quite funny because zim was stressing at me not to nail it in first and i was like yeah, yeah, yea, It can't be that powerful and I had the fright of my life when I tried to pull off from the lights against luke. Rolling Eyes Laughing
The massive power jump was exhilarating for me and I remember my arms aching soooo much after the full mile run Very Happy
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 12:06 - 21 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best bike overall was a mates VFR750. The VFR800's not bad but gets a bit boring. Most fun bike is the Blade. The Storms are nice but I don't think they're anything amazing.

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 13:24 - 21 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best bike I have ridden in terms of what it should be capable of is probably Demonic's Blade, although I didn't get a proper ride on it so I am going to have to say my bike is the best I have ridden.
The most fun I have had on a bike probably has to be on the NC30 chasing bigger bikes through the twisties just as it was getting dark. I thought I was doing quite well until I caught up close enough to see that two of the bikes (out of the pack of 5) had pillions. Shocked

I have never ridden anything exotic like a Benelli though Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4