 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:48 - 29 Jun 2010 Post subject: Suzuki GN250 - will swap |
 |
|
Hi all,
I have a Suzuki GN250 I would like to swap for something more interesting.
Good bits:
- Rebuilt top end of engine (previous owner ran it with low oil, now runs fine)
- Recent new Varta battery
- Most of a tank of petrol
- New rear shock absorbers
- Two good tyres
- Freshly changed fork seals
- About 9 month's MOT left, and some tax
- Custom rear-end with mini indicators
- Frame recently fully stripped and repainted
- New sprocket carrier bearing and cush rubbers
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/xen0morph/pikey.jpg
Bad bits:
- Slight oil leak from top end. Probably just the rocker cover needs taking off and re-sealing.
- This is the biggie: Previous owner snapped off the stud on one of the shock mountings, I have repaired it by drilling and tapping and fitting an M6 bolt and washer. It passed an MOT like this, but to be safe I would suggest removing the entire stud and welding a new one on. I wouldn't recommend anyone else ride it in this condition, though it's been fine for me.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/xen0morph/StudRepairNEW.jpg
- Tank has been resprayed in matt black, looks awful, needs a respray. Also has a few dents.
- No side panels.
- Only a speedo, no other clocks.
I think I have listed everything here but obviously recommend viewing before you commit to anything. It's a good bike and a 99% complete project, just needs a bit of TLC before I would suggest relying on it for long distance riding.
Will swap for something interesting with an MOT. Feel free to PM me with suggestions. Can collect/deliver in my van.
Bike is located in lancashire.
Let me know.
Rowan  |
|