 DrDonnyBrago World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:19 - 06 Jul 2010 Post subject: Electronic crankcase speed sensors |
 |
|
Hi, does anyone know anything about electronic VSSs?
My CBR has no speedo reading (reads 0mph) for the first 10 or so minutes. It seems temperature related as when ridden hard it starts working earlier than when I ride it gently. Also, when I have stopped - the longer I have stopped for the longer it takes to start working again, short stops and it will work fine from the off.
I have had it out and given it a clean, cleaned the contacts (as best I could - very difficult to get to with the contact cleaner) and plugged it back in to no avail. It is essentially a magnetic pickup that sits in the crankcase and generates a 5v pulse as the drivetrain rotates.
The replacement units are £130 so I would prefer not to pay it unless absolutley necessary...
Any ideas on repairing it? Alternatively, any ideas on sourcing a cheap (sub £100) replacement?
Thanks in advance . |
|
 Paddy Blake World Chat Champion
Joined: 29 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
|
 DrDonnyBrago World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Karma :   
|
|