Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ZXr400L for sale

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 00:11 - 21 Oct 2003    Post subject: ZXr400L for sale Reply with quote

ZXR400L, new chain and sprockets (did x ring gold & renthal sprocket) 23k miles, UK bike, 1994 L reg, lots of history/receipts, TAX & mot till early next year, new double bubble screen, nc30 mirrors, recent service oil/plugs/oil filter/ air filter. rare itoham replica colours with seat cowl (worht up to £100 on ebay), mini indicators with iridium lenses, carbon fibre front mudguard, carbon fibre indicator spacers (v nice), FULL MICRON RACE system!!! sounds very nice!

de-restricting it will solve all running problems, as its 33bhp restricted now with certificate and doesnt like the 33brake kit at all, doesnt need much other than choke fixing and the neutral light is always on. But does need new tyres. the front fairing is broken on front left, might be fixable? not really sure but you can pick up new upper fairings cheap enough

OK I want £2000 for it and this lot is going with it... (very nice little ebay earner!!)

white wheels to match bodywork, with discs, bearings and tyres (not sure if tyres any good), green bodykit comprising of scuffed left panel, okay right panel, seat unit, pillion seat, tank - dent to side tho, 2 broken headlights and 1 perfect mint one, black baglux tank cover and ive possibly got another seat unit + pillion seat to throw in (bought off ebay weeks ago but hasnt turned up!!) 2 spare right side mirrors, spare hoover tubes, pillion pegs included... also a broken upper fairing oh and a clear screen.

you could prob get at least £500 for those spares selling on e-bay etc, i just cant be arsed to do it.

viewing welcome im in portsmouth. no test rides tho. email me yamswheelyr1@ntlworld.com if interested.

Now for the good bit.. will part/ex NC35 or if anyone is selling a 35 then send me a mail. Cheers.

pictures available on request.

p.s. ive spent the best part of £2000 on parts for this bike so cant accept less than £2k for everything (i think its well worth it, considering i just bought my new bodywork about a month or so ago for £500 alone)

Advertised elsewhere.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:15 - 21 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying no test rides makes it seem like there is something to hide?

Normal thing is, leave cash deposit and if you bin it, you bought it Smile

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 00:18 - 21 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok what ste said!

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 22 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Yam I know who tried to sell their bikes a buyer came round to look, asked for a test ride the guy said no way, he said I'll give you my car keys to a BMW, so he said yeah, let the guy ride off and never cam bike, reported it to the police and the car was stolen too Sad

So my advice is if anyone wants to test ride your bike! Take them pillion and thats it.
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 11:32 - 22 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just do what Ste says and hold the money while they go for a spin. I would love for someone to steal my bike and leave me the money I wanted for selling it. Laughing

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 22 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah fair enough stew but he did say deposit which could mean any amount of money or something else used for a deposit.
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 13:34 - 22 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm good point deano.

i would take ya pillion but its a bit difficult for a) no pillion pegs fitted b) no pillion seat fitted and c) ive never taken a pillion before!

if you want to test ride it, then full CASH deposit, no keys to cars/bikes left or anything, no cash no bloody test ride! Laughing

its gotta go asap, does any one want it?/

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 13:42 - 22 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always ask for the Cash in my hand before they take it. All the cash Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:18 - 22 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deano wrote:
Yeah fair enough stew but he did say deposit which could mean any amount of money or something else used for a deposit.

I also used the word cash before the word deposit.

Heard stuff about people being left the keys for a bike/ car of the person taking a test ride, and that being stolen, or someone else just drives it away Rolling Eyes

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 19:21 - 22 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy who came to look at my uncles R6 only had a grand as a deposit, the rest was gonna be a cheque (obviously bike not released till cheque clears) but he wanted a test ride so handed over the grand cash and my uncle got his mate to follow him, don't think he would have got away from him somehow on a streetfightered ZZR1100 with NOS and a Turbo Very Happy

Kickstart@Work
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:57 - 22 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Other one to ask for is something very identifiable as a "deposit" such as a Passport.

Just don't laugh at their picture too much!

All the best

Keith

Irdawood the 2nd
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:51 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart@Work wrote:
Hi

Other one to ask for is something very identifiable as a "deposit" such as a Passport.

Just don't laugh at their picture too much!

All the best

Keith

naa thats still dodgy cash or nothing i think

im trying to think how me and chunk did it when i bought his nsr...i came down with a mate and the mate stayed with him whilst i went for a ride... im not sure if i gave chunk the money or not but then again chunk knew me from here and also i had phoned him like 100's of times before coming over so he knew i wasnt pissing about
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 194 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1