Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Porsche GT3 Vs Yamaha R1 @ Nuerburgring

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 06:35 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Porsche GT3 Vs Yamaha R1 @ Nuerburgring Reply with quote

I've been looking for this video for a while, finally found it. Shame about the temperature and the other traffic but otherwise it's alright. Sorry if it has been posted before.

Be warned the video is 10 minutes long and hence is pretty big. Neutral

[url=dusty.my-site.me.uk/video/nuerburgring.mpeg]Porsche vs R1 (0.10GB)[/url]

At least it doesn't have JC in it. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Dusty on 14:56 - 23 Oct 2003; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:17 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link = Broke Sad

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:52 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Link = Broke Sad

Good!
I hate to think about the bandwidth he's about consume Confused.

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 11:24 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort it out G, that video "needs" to be shared. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 11:38 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

You love him really G. You're just in denial, hence the facade of hatred.

Maybe upping Dusty's bandwidth limit from the meagre allowance you give him now will help. It'll stop me getting "Warning: Account Exceeding Quota" emails every day anyway Rolling Eyes

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that vid on my computer. If I knew how to I would post it.
Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:45 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilBendy wrote:
You love him really G. You're just in denial, hence the facade of hatred.

Very Happy
EvilBendy wrote:
Maybe upping Dusty's bandwidth limit from the meagre allowance you give him now will help. It'll stop me getting "Warning: Account Exceeding Quota" emails every day anyway Rolling Eyes

He can't afford to pay G for his excessive bandwidth usage, I hear that the other day he referred to 12pm as "too early"! Laughing
He needs to start courier-ing.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 14:59 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Ste wrote:
Link = Broke Sad

Good!
I hate to think about the bandwidth he's about consume Confused.

Ooops Neutral

Link now = Fixed Smile

(I misspelt Nuerburgring Rolling Eyes Embarassed )

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 16:07 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest the R1 gets its arse whooped, the only reason it keeps up is because of cars blocking the porche getting past. Sad

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 16:16 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do say at the start the the temperature is 3 degrees C, which cause the front wheel to lock and the car to get away.

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 16:27 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lock where? After a while the tyres should be more than grippy enough? The car starts pulling away about half way through the video so i think its more to do with how much quicker the porche is taking corners, the only reason the bike overtakes at the end is because of that red BMW thing.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 16:38 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Lock where?

At the point where it says on the screen in big letters 'front end slide'. Rolling Eyes

Andrew wrote:
After a while the tyres should be more than grippy enough?

The tyres are never going to get properly up to temperate when it is only 3dC. Add to that the fact that the ground is cold.

The porsche is cornering quicker on some of the corners, but the R1 is gaining on acceleration.

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 16:41 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well dust muncher i skipped through certain bits of the video because i'm at work so couldn't watch it all. Rolling Eyes Razz

Either way i'm disappointed with that Sad

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 16:44 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry ^^ weren't meant in a bad way. Do you think the bike would be able to get ahead with a better rider??

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 16:48 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol you'd have to say more than that to offend me. Laughing

I think the rider ok, just too cold for him to really go for it.

Comes back to the same thing, if they'd have spend as much money on the bike as they did on the car, it would have walked it.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:52 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

A four wheeled vehicle will always have more grip available than a two wheeled vehicle and therefore accelerate, corner and brake a lot better. It's simple physics.

Luckily most cars are so lardy that this advantage is totally lost and bikes fuck 'em over. But take an F1 car and a GP bike and the bike will find itself eating dust rather quickly.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 16:58 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
take an F1 car and a GP bike and the bike will find itself eating dust rather quickly.

Afaik though the amount of money spent on R&D and manufacture of an F1 car dwarfs the still rather large sums spent on GP bikes.

But yeah you're right about the physics.

I thought the R1 did pretty well really, it stayed with the porsche for half a lap.

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 16:58 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
But take an F1 car and a GP bike and the bike will find itself eating dust rather quickly.

Not if you rip out the computer and automatic gearbox. Wink ...unless you're talking about dust from the track run-off. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

John
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 23 Oct 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Bike didn't seem to do too well, but I know for sure who was getting the most fun Very Happy Even if they were freezing!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1