Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Low interest loan for 12 months

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Jrod
Page 3 Girl



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:04 - 08 Aug 2010    Post subject: Low interest loan for 12 months Reply with quote

Ok I came across this by accident but as the cash is now in my bank I can confirm it works.

I did a search on google and couldn't find anywhere where people had done it before, have I found a loophole for cheap cash? Laughing

You need a credit card, then apply for a new credit card that offers 0% balance transfer. Transfer as much as you want from this card to the other credit card, this is where you'll get charged 3% so for £1000 it's £30.
You then phone up the credit card who you sent the money to, you'll be in credit with them so just ask for a refund which takes about 5 days. This is refunded to your bank account.
Assuming you are sensible you can get this money for nearly nothing for upto 16 months (depending how long the 0% balance transfer is)

£1000 after the £30 fee for 16 months works out at about 4.5% APR... pretty cheap.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:08 - 08 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are still paying for your own money, but this does seem quite cheap.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:15 - 08 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to transfer it straight to your current account as the new credit card is for paying off your overdraft.

It doesn't make a whole lot of difference really, but imo it's a good thing not letting the bank(s) be sitting on your cash for a few days. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jrod
Page 3 Girl



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:16 - 08 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, its not free but £30 for every 1000. I'm actually just going to use the cash to pay off the credit card I mean to (I did the balance transfer onto the wrong card...Embarassed) I'm clearing all my debt not trying to get into more. Laughing

Just thought it it seemed like a good way to get cash for a moderatley short time period.

There might be a massive flaw with it that I can't see but I'm sure someone will point it out if there is! Smile

Ste wrote:
You should be able to transfer it straight to your current account as the new credit card is for paying off your overdraft.


I didn't think you could do that anymore? If you can then what I discovered is totally pointless and why would anyone apply for a short term loan when you can just do that! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 60 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.61 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 41.41 Kb