Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Typing and deleting probs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:30 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Typing and deleting probs Reply with quote

I hope someone here can help me as this prob is driving me nuts for weeks now and no matter what anyone says nothing is fixing it.

I have a mouse prob or keyboard one. When I type my lap top just highlights what I type and deletes it again Evil or Very Mad very annoying when I have typed out a really long message and it deletes! The mouse curser also skips back causing me to type in the middle of sentences. Also clicks when its not meant to, double clicks when I click once and is a pain in the ass!

I have been told to uninstall the mouse driver and install again, done that ages ago, pressed insert button ages ago but that dosnt help it either. I have done malware scans the lot so any other suggestions?
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:43 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any buttons sticking ? You tried a different mouse, or no mouse at all ?
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:00 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope no sticky buttons, it dosnt always do it its weird when I come here it dosnt do it. Shocked but every other site I am on it does it. I think its something to do with the pressure I beside mouse if that makes sence? I tried looking at the mouse sensitivity but it downt seem to work. It did once however skip back when I was typing here to where the curser was.

I wish I could throw it out the dam window but I cant afford another lap top. Mad
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:27 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

so your hand is operating the touchpad while you type?
____________________
duck my sick!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:30 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

T1z3R wrote:
so your hand is operating the touchpad while you type?


This was my initial thought, unlesss you have one of those stick things instead of a touch pad....
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:48 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its beside it when I type but noticed if i even lean beside it it messes up. I had this with my old lap top to only never got to fix it as my cat threw up on that and killed it. My brother the apparently computer genus who helps people with computers online has said theres nothing I can do about it lap tops just do that. Its only a year old. (and the way he goes on he is only a year old to).
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is normally a switch on touchpads to turn them off while typing.
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:56 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like one of the keys is sticking that are supposed to make clever things happen.
I don't know which ones but probably Control Alt or Shift

I have definitely had something similar going on once when trying to do copy/paste or something.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:10 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could just hand it to someone and say FIX ffs! but no one comes near me with such knowledge in exchange for cake and tea Crying or Very sad
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:16 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its an any way decent laptop then theres an app installed that will let you reduce the sensitivity.

otherwise go into device manager and disable the touchpad then use a regular USB mouse Thumbs Up
____________________
duck my sick!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tvchimp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:31 - 25 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My macbook has done it a few times whilst I've been typing. It's generally your arm or something touching or pressing down on the touchpad, not much you can do about it other than hold your arms about a few cm's above it (depending on how sensitive your touchpad is, a friends laptop reacts to anything within 2.5cm's near the touchpad, its weird.


There's not really much that can be done Sad
____________________
Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 38 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.52 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 68.79 Kb