Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:19 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Netflix - Fractured 8/10

Watched this with the wife last night, really enjoyed it, kept you guessing until the end. It's worthy of an hour forty of your life. Sam Worthington stars as worried father who's child and wife go missing in a hospital. Has replay value.

Thanks for that. I just finished enjoying it.
Cool Thumbs Up

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:08 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hobbit Trilogy. - 5/10

Rubbish. Had a Hobbit fest over the past few days (having watched LOTR the previous week), and was so disappointed.

I'd seen the films before and knew they weren't that great, but I'd forgotten just how not great they really are.

It's like LOTR, but with no sense of proper adventure, no feeling like a real plot is being followed. The acting is cardboard and American (even if all the accents are British). Also, Legolas is painfully older, and the Orc armies are clearly CGI (unlike LOTR which used 3000 guys in orc outfits).

Very disappointing.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday (7/10)
Bloke is a failed musician, then there's a worldwide blackout and everyone except him has never heard of the Beatles.

Tolkien 5/10
Biography of the J.R.R. of the title name, except they took all his religious beliefs out to make it more PC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 01 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out today on Netflix, The King. 10/10. The plot, dialogue, acting, scene, pace, realism, characters, twists, the whole enchilada, pure perfection.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:42 - 02 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien Covenant: 4/10

What an embarrassment to the Alien franchise.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 03 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Law Abiding Citizen 9/10

Fantastic movie with a good twist. I do like Gerard Buttler as an actor and he was good in this but Jamie Fox as very impressive. I've never been a fan of him.

Movie was good enough to watch it again tonight with Mrs Pinky.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 03 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Alien Covenant: 4/10

What an embarrassment to the Alien franchise.

It was awful, Better than Prometheus in the way that one kick in the balls is better than 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:09 - 04 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:

It was awful, Better than Prometheus in the way that one kick in the balls is better than 2.

I thought Prometheus was alright. I can understand it might disappoint fans of the Alien franchise in terms of storyline etc, but at least the production quality, acting and script were good.

Alien Covenant was just so bad. It was like watching an American straight-to-DVD flick with a shit script, shit actors and shit CGI, made by some unknown film company that had been given a large budget to play with.

Also, the fact that that was the big reveal for how the aliens were first created, is an utter shocker. Any real Alien fans must be sorely disappointed by how it all played out.

Last edited by Lord Percy on 07:14 - 04 Nov 2019; edited 1 time in total

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:12 - 04 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videodrome: 6.5 / 10

Interesting film about the way TVs can take over the mind.

It's a little bit of a horror, a little bit of psychological thriller and a bit of surrealism. The problem is that each of those aspects are too 'little' for it to really create a whole experience. It was probably quite cool when it was first released (1983).

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:03 - 04 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspiria 2018 2/10

A vastly inferior remake of the 1977 Dario Argento classic. They could have saved time and money by not bothering IMO.

Gory, with lots of tits & minge, which is why I'm bringing it to the attention of BCF.

This message was brought to you by TSK Public Service Announcements.

Next week, Don't Go Near Dark Water

You're welcome

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 04 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum
I enjoyed this film as an entertainmanet. I didn't expect I find it funny at some points too. Keanu doesn't get old. he's 55 but looks like 35.
Am now waiting for Terminator Dark Fate release on Nov 8th here.
(worrying about low scores on imdb reviews though..)

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:45 - 05 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lion King (2019) - 5 / 10

Very watchable film, but I refuse to give it a good score because the only thing that made it watchable was the fact that it was based entirely on the much, much better original version.

The best parts of this new version are the story line and the music, both of which were completely (but understandably) stolen from the original.

That 'unoriginal' issue aside, in a like-for-like comparison where you put yourself in the position of "never watched any version of Lion King before", I'd say the original Disney version is still the better of the two. More likable characters, more emotional investment, better casting and better voice acting/singing all round.

Also the CGI animals are WAY too realistic. I think the CGI company just wanted their chance to have a go at proving to themselves they could make realistic animals. Likable characters were a side thought.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:13 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Country for Old Men - 7/10

The main good thing about this film is that it's not just another action flick. You feel connected to it and the characters are interesting.

But the story is full of holes and unrealistic escapades. It's filmed to be gritty and realistic, but there are several parts where the characters do things that just wouldn't happen in normal society, even if one of them is batshit crazy.

Definitely worth watching. Not sure I'll be that keen to ever watch it again though.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
No Country for Old Men - 7/10

The main good thing about this film is that it's not just another action flick. You feel connected to it and the characters are interesting.

But the story is full of holes and unrealistic escapades. It's filmed to be gritty and realistic, but there are several parts where the characters do things that just wouldn't happen in normal society, even if one of them is batshit crazy.

Definitely worth watching. Not sure I'll be that keen to ever watch it again though.

Superb movie. There is plot holes and lose ends if you watch it with the main protagonist as the central character. The whole movie is based around Tommy Lee Jones' character and not the story of the hitman and the money. Kind of works a second time round better when you worked out that.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rise of the footsoldier 4 Marbella.

I'm pre-empting this as a solid 8/10 judging by the last 3 instalments. To be fair it's probably just going to be Pat, Craig and Tony driving around in a Range Rover shouting "CUNT!" for 90 minutes. Even then I'd probably still give it a similar score.

£6.99 for the HD version off of Google. My evenings entertainment has been booked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr7IkS3IgXY

EDIT.

Just finished watching it. Awesome movie! there is even an after credits scene. Roll on Rise of the footsoldier 5.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:00 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primal 7/10. Nic Cage back on top form. Sort of like snakes on a plane but in a different setting. Famke Janssen provides the eye candy and a few other 'b' rated movie stars act as filler for Cage. It's up there with 211 and some of his better stuff. 7/10.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 10 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terminator dark fate
Enjoyable as an action film but I understood why some of core terminator fans are angry about this film. I re-watched terminator 1 at home.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 10 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Rise of the footsoldier 4 Marbella.

I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr7IkS3IgXY

Some of the youtube comments. Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 10 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

Some of the youtube comments. Laughing Laughing

Rise of the Foot Soldier 42, Pat goes to the shop for a cunting pint of milk

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:27 - 16 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
The Hobbit Trilogy. - 5/10

Rubbish. Had a Hobbit fest over the past few days (having watched LOTR the previous week), and was so disappointed.

I'd seen the films before and knew they weren't that great, but I'd forgotten just how not great they really are.

It's like LOTR, but with no sense of proper adventure, no feeling like a real plot is being followed. The acting is cardboard and American (even if all the accents are British). Also, Legolas is painfully older, and the Orc armies are clearly CGI (unlike LOTR which used 3000 guys in orc outfits).

Very disappointing.

Yeah, I wouldn't even see them because I knew I would be dissappointed, LOTR is 3 volumes , probably nearly 1000 pages in all across the three books. Hobbit is like a 100 pages , it's quite a light book and funny too in places, I read it the Grand kids. How anyone thought they could could make 5 films out of it, and get away with it is beyond me. Sadly Crap.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:10 - 17 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joker - 7.5/10

Way overhyped.

Not a bad film at all, but didn't seem that realistic to me. It's supposed to be about the way society creates and treats peculiar people, but it was a bit too obvious and American to me. I was hoping for a very realistic portrayal of someone with a mental issues. All I saw was an actor doing pantomime.

Might have been better if there wasn't so much hype built up around it.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:57 - 18 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Joker - 7.5/10

Way overhyped.

Not a bad film at all, but didn't seem that realistic to me. It's supposed to be about the way society creates and treats peculiar people, but it was a bit too obvious and American to me. I was hoping for a very realistic portrayal of someone with a mental issues. All I saw was an actor doing pantomime.

Might have been better if there wasn't so much hype built up around it.

I too was seriously underwhelmed. 5/10. A mediocre flick. If it was supposed to get extra points because batman-associated, big fking lol.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 18 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crown Vic, 8/10.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:25 - 19 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie's Angels (2019) - 5/10

Wooo girl power Laughing But make sure they're still sexy for objectifying! Laughing And deliberately make all the male characters evil or stupid Laughing or androgynous psychotherapist 'perfect but sexless' robo-male Laughing

What a joke of a film!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 173 of 194