Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netflix film: 6 Underground - slick action, good cinematography, likeable characters. Easy viewing. Lots of action start to finish. I like it 8/10.[/b]

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Call of the Wild. 6/10

I really wanted to like this as it was one of my favourite books when I was young.

It seemed to be not sure if it was trying to be serious or comedic. The CGI dogs were good, but not brilliant. Harrison Ford was a bit of class in it.

Wifie loved it, I'm still not sure.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
Netflix film: 6 Underground - slick action, good cinematography, likeable characters. Easy viewing. Lots of action start to finish. I like it 8/10.[/b]

Good film, within the first 10 minutes you get to know the reason the film is called that - tongue in cheek really.

Agree, good film, the black guy from the last series of 24 was also in it, good viewing.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prodigy 6.5/10

Creepy child, reincarnation horror with a little added how far would you go to help your childness thown in for good measure.

Left wide open for a sequel

Going in style 6/10

Broke OAPs rob a bank, some funny bits

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:

Good recommendation.
I havent even worked out whats going on yet but I'm already emotionally involved ... when they went thru the Uffizi I was like ...

*hands over ears*
Nooooo ...
*squeezed eyes closed, peek thru fingers*
(please don't hit that)
and the David ... I nearly shit myself in terror ... haha

Am back to it now.
Fantastic cinematography.

Edit: Definitely a solid 8.

Last edited by hellkat on 22:38 - 02 Mar 2020; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:12 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party so excuse me if you get a smidgeon of deja vu.

Jojo Rabbit 9/10 (cinema)

The horrors of Nazi Germany's final days done with humour brought on the conundrum, to laugh or not and when. This from the bloke who was the only person still laughing out loud in the auditorium at the end of Borat, the missus guffawing alone made one feel a tad self conscious!

1917 (cinema)

Brilliant

Two popes (Amazon)

Can't blame those who fell asleep, I brewed up tea twice and didn't feel as though I'd missed anything.

那山那人那狗 (Amazon)

Not a new film (1999), no sex, no violence, no drugs, no English, no car chases. probably slower moving than the Two popes but bloody loved it.
If your Chinese is on par with mine then you'll be looking for 'Postmen in the mountains' or 'That mountain, that man, that dog'.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terminator Dark Fate 6/10

OK Terminator 1 and T2 have happened, The rest have not and Dark Fate takes up where T2 left off. I enjoyed it. Good action scenes and not much to think about.

Gemini Man 3/10

The only thing that could have made this movie worse is Will Smiths clone could have been played by his son. What started off as a promise of a decent action flick ended with a sentimental drivel flick. Dont even bother.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:34 - 03 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Color Out of Space 4/10

Nick Cage (desperate for acting roles) lives on a farm with his family. Meteorite lands and everything starts getting mutated.

I didn't really like it but the film reviews were very good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Thinning 6/10

Pretty watchable, a good idea. In order to cut populations, everyone takes an aptitude test once a year, and the bottom 5% get baked.

Logan Paul not being a complete and utter knob for once.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hunt 8.5/10.

Betty Gilpin, Emma Roberts and Hillary Swank to name a few of the actors. The Elite members of a club decide to hunt people for sport. The victims are drugged and let loose in Eastern Europe with some weapons whilst being hunted. Enjoyable, sassy and gory at times. A worthy watch.

The Invisible man 7/10.

A solid movie, a tad predictable and about 20 minutes too long, watch the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO_FJdiY9dA

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
The Thinning 6/10

Pretty watchable, a good idea. In order to cut populations, everyone takes an aptitude test once a year, and the bottom 5% get baked.

Logan Paul not being a complete and utter knob for once.

What an excellent idea. Lets hope jolly old Corona works along those lines. Thumbs Up

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodshot 9/10

Latest Vin Diesel flick. Nowhere near as bad as Rotten Tomatoes made it out to be. Leave your brain in neutral and grab a bucket of salted popcorn and enjoy. Guy Pearce, Toby Kebbell and of course Vin Diesel. Worthy of a second viewing.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

1917 - 4.5/10

The scenery / size of sets in places was really incredible.

But the script, both in terms of dialogue and storyboard was poor.

I wasn't a massive fan of Dunkirk. This is worse than Dunkirk.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Anna

A long time ago Luc Besson made a movie called Leon and I never thought he'd ever be able to top that. He#s made some cracking movies but none were up there like Leon.

I loved Leon (but haven't seen it in years). Anna though. I got 3/4 through it and couldn't watch it any more. Thought it was terrible.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:29 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boxtrolls - 7/10

Yes its a kids film and the story isn't complex but there are quite a few funny bits and I think its one of the best movies in terms of animation I've ever seen.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:07 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Bloodshot 9/10

Latest Vin Diesel flick. Nowhere near as bad as Rotten Tomatoes made it out to be. Leave your brain in neutral and grab a bucket of salted popcorn and enjoy. Guy Pearce, Toby Kebbell and of course Vin Diesel. Worthy of a second viewing.

Watched it last night after reading this and though it was pretty good, despite what everyone's been saying. Wasn't a fan of the last 20 minutes though. Too much hacker people trying to be funny while talking about 'code' as much as possible and the CGI in that elevator fight scene really made it look like gameplay footage at some points.

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:27 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was bored, clearing my house up, found an old DVD that was still in it's wrapping.

Groundhog day (1993)

I gave it a 9/10

It's one of these films it's a good watch (the acting by bill Murray makes the film definitely a good watch) It's more of a life lesson than a film, but I likes it much anyway. I am surprised it was not made by Disney, as it looks like it should have been a Disney film.

Bill Murray plays the classic arrogant guy that quite literally lives the same day over and over again. First he goes nuts and does stupid things , but then you start to see the madness cause him to change his ways to become more altruistic (not autistic, always get those words mixed up) to the point he is able to break the same day curse.

It's one of those movies it has more depth in it than just the script, as it gives you a lesson that you can make your dreary repetitive existence better by changing your ways by doing stuff that actually make your life better (I actually saw this movie about a couple of years ago, and for some reason watching it made me start to do things that I would not normally do.......like get in to biking)

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
1917 - 4.5/10

The scenery / size of sets in places was really incredible.

But the script, both in terms of dialogue and storyboard was poor.

I wasn't a massive fan of Dunkirk. This is worse than Dunkirk.

I have to agree. It was OK-ish but I didn't think it deserved the rave reviews. Nowhere near enough fiteing.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:45 - 27 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:

It had action yes. It had 'characters' I guess. Fussy editing, loads of explosions and helicopters. Loads of positive US military imagery. No story, no plot, weird undecypherable decisions made by characters only to get to the next set piece. I felt patronised by it. If this is the future of cinema we're all f*cked.

The ending was also massively disjointed and made Reynolds' "character" look like a complete d*ck. The supposed romantic relationships made absolutely no sense and there was zero chemistry there. Violence was gratuitous and did not serve the plot.

Really honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. 1/10.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivarium 7/10

Weird sci-fi, psychological, horror mash up. Imogen Poots (does she?) and Jesse Eisenberg as a young couple looking for their first home but ending up in a dystopian, urban nightmare.

It holds your attention, waiting for some sort of explanation.

Nice visuals and a really weird kid keep you watching.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:17 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person in the world who literally can't stand Jessie Eisenberg and everything he's in?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 28 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Am I the only person in the world who literally can't stand Jessie Eisenberg and everything he's in?

Probably.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 29 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Waters - 6.5/10

The film tells the story from the point of view of the corporate defense lawyer who initiated/represented the class action lawsuit against DuPont; the PFOA (teflon) story. I'm not gonna spoil the end of this film, it is a very well known story, though. #capitalism#merica

Very well picked cast, rather lengthy and uninteresting story telling. Well, the court hearings took maybe 20 years or so, so I guess that explains the casual pace at which this film re-tells the story. The film does make you think though. How much crap such as this is still going on today, without the public even noticing? On the other hand, ignorance is a bliss, they say. Also, why do we still use PFOA (teflon) coated kitchenware?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contagion 4/10

Thought I'd give it a watch considering current circumstances.

All star cast, wasted on a boring storyline making it impossible to relate to any of the characters.

The 4 marks came from the insightful predictions. This was done 10 years ago, it turns out the killer virus is a mix of genetic material from pig- and bat-borne viruses originating in China!

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:09 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

No! He's as insipid and bland as milk. You wouldn't look twice at him if you passed him in the street.

I reckon his career only got started because he did something unspeakable to Harvey Weinstein in a hotel bathroom but it was all hushed up by the illuminatii and wimmin.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 177 of 194