Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 18 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like TPTV. There's usually something interesting going on there, for a few nostalgia thrills. Cool

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 19 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
She’s 74 now so is more covered up!

https://i.postimg.cc/Qd1sWK1v/los-angeles-ca-usa-28th-apr-2018-caroline-munro-at-arrivals-for-the-hollywood-show-westin-lax-los-an.jpg

Would still smash.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 27 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Napoleon

Great film as long as you aren't expecting another 'Gladiator'. Its all about the relationship between the main man and Josephine, and the fact that he couldn't get her pregnant, set to a backdrop of massive battle scenes and revolting citizens. It is about the contrast between his public figure and the little boy in private - even his mum puts him down. Possibly half an hour too long so not for kids or anybody expecting instant gratification in the manner of a Marvel....

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 27 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Napoleon

Great film as long as you aren't expecting another 'Gladiator'. Its all about the relationship between the main man and Josephine, and the fact that he couldn't get her pregnant, set to a backdrop of massive battle scenes and revolting citizens. It is about the contrast between his public figure and the little boy in private - even his mum puts him down. Possibly half an hour too long so not for kids or anybody expecting instant gratification in the manner of a Marvel....

A Napoleon film directed by a brit. It was entertaining. As is the reaction from Frenchies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 27 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Napoleon

I really want to see this but I'm not a fan of going to the cinema. It's really got to be something special to drag me there. Is this worth it?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:05 - 30 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creator (2023)

Well made, good CGI, original story for a change but...

Spoilers:

The end seems pretty rushed. Somehow the kid get's across the entire station without meeting a battalion of soldiers. There are plenty of ancillary staff working in the agri-domes but the only guards are the ones that got blown out the airlock?! And how's there gravity on this station, ffs. It'll go down well in China though, very on the nose painting the Americans as the bad guys.

(select text to reveal)

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 30 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Napoleon

I saw this video review by a Historian and decided not to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39DrqNDz0H8

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:49 - 30 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The Creator (2023)

Well made, good CGI, original story for a change but...

It's got Gemma Chan in it - i'm a simple man....

5or6 out of 10 for me though - the film that is. Been done numerous times before especially in TV series like Trek and SG-1.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:22 - 02 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the shambles that is Napoleon (2023) it's amazing this is the same director who started out with The Duellists (1977) set in the same period.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 02 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mission Impossible series... I'm wondering if they're just elaborate motorcycle adverts Thinking

<edit> Just finished Fallout. Cruise puts all the casting credits before his own. A statement on confidence vs. ego.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 18:26 - 28 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Railwayman - 8/10

Real solid film about a group of British prisoners of war in Japan and how one of them tracks down one of the guys who helped torture him some years later. Based on a true story.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 28 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
The Railwayman - 8/10

Real solid film about a group of British prisoners of war in Japan and how one of them tracks down one of the guys who helped torture him some years later. Based on a true story.

one of my mums uncles was a Jap POW in WW2.
she remembered as a young girl being at the local shopping district with her mum and him when a couple of Jap fellas came by.
her uncle lost the plot and laid them both out.
when the local bobby turned up he just told mums uncle them to go home.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 28 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

our Christmas movie this year was Nefarious. came across it by chance.
me and the wench both enjoyed it,was gripping from the start.
pretty much a 2 character movie. 7/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14537248/

would recommend.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saltburn Netflix

Overlong saga about a “working class” underling mixing with an aristocratic family over a long summer at their stately home while he nurtures his obsession with the heir who he befriends at Oxford Uni.

Beautifully shot, lots of twists, turns and shocks but it should have been shorter.

Speaking of shorter, you do get numerous views of Barry Keoghan’s willy. So not all bad then Laughing

drkbishop
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:33 - 29 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
The Railwayman - 8/10

Thanks, will give that a watch.

If you haven't seen this, worth a watch, based on a true story

Unbroken

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1809398/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_4_dr

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fence (2022) 8/10

UK black comedy set during the 80s.
Young herbert gets his XL125 stolen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 17 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dune on netflix. Stuck this on at random (already seen it on release) but now I have my headphones running through the DAC the soundscape is stunning. Hope someone won an award.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 18 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Dune on netflix. Stuck this on at random (already seen it on release) but now I have my headphones running through the DAC the soundscape is stunning. Hope someone won an award.

Yes, Toto are quite good really. Pity only one of their songs is ever played on the radio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 18 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Beekeeper
Good Statham film. Better than over produced ones like Expendables. Just one man doing his thing.

Godzilla minus one
Really enjoyed this Japanese made film. Less Hollywood and more GOJIRA. Proper character driven film that makes you want a hot Japanese wife to protect.

The Boy and the Heron
Miyazaki...what a weird guy. I would have liked to have watched this on acid. Like Wes Anderson, if you like the director, you will like the film. I will probably never watch it again but I know others who will. Quite long and trippy.

Ferrari
Much better than I was expecting. I always see these sorts of films with low expectations but thoroughly enjoyed Adam Driver as Enzo.
Will never be a classic though.

Three Musketeers Part 1 and 2
Probably the best adaptation of this story ever made. Eva Green is sublime as always and all aspects of the film were solid, even the action sequences which consisted of a few long single takes.

Poor Things
No idea, will be watching this tonight.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 19 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Karinina - 2012

I enjoyed it. Though the whole set thing is a bit wacky.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 23 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unforgivable 1996.

I like John Ritter, but in this film he is scary!

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 17 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grand Tour: Sand Job - 8/10

It's not really a tv series or is it? Anyway, I post it here.

Now, what to say about the latest GT show. It's not fresh, it's not really new, the ideas had been done million times before... but if you like Clarkson, Hammond and May, it is still 2 hours of good fun. Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:19 - 18 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferrari (2023)

Bit of a trudge in the Oppenheimer sense, more about Enzo's private life than the cars. You could miss some of the crucial nuggets if you don't already know the history.

Quality piece rather than Saturday afternoon popcorn.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:11 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been really hard pushed to find new films lately so re-watching some old favourites

Piranha 1 and 2
All of the Saw's
Total Recall
Hostel 1, 2 and 3

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:26 - 21 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Total Recall

The original I hope, none of this remake rubbish.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 192 of 194