Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 22:54 - 11 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring is relative, I have had to kill 5-6 hours sat in a small tin box each day this week Laughing

As noted previously I am a bit odd.

If i'm laughing at something, I would imagine there is a good chance that nobody else is.

I'm a sucker for music related stuff as well, particularly if it refers to the 60's.
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:19 - 11 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not a great film, it was OK. A few laughs in it. Currently re downloading Zombieland. Cool

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 11 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Zombieland was very overrated (same with Superbad) I think i enjoyed it more as an action type Zombie flick then for the comedy. The jokes didn't make me laugh really, especially how they dragged them on & on. I get it, he loves his Twinkies. Smile And then they try the same old joke where the really tough guy starts blubbering about his puppy.

And that Bill Murray scene was plain awkward. imo, off course. Wink

May watch Iron man 2 (Thanks Flip) & then an episode of True Blood tonight. Cool

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 11 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
I thought Zombieland was very overrated

Yeah, but... Emma Stone!

https://www.elle.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/elle/entertainment/movies-tv/set-on-stone/372528-1-eng-US/Set-On-Stone_articleimage.jpg

Shifty
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 11 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of Lindsay Lohan, although she did look better in Zombie Land then Superbad.

Has anyone seen Hot tub Time machine? Very funny film.

Last edited by Misc on 23:59 - 11 Sep 2010; edited 1 time in total

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 11 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:

Shes a minx, phwooooooooar must be her eyes or something. Drooling

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 12 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:

Yep, thought it was reasonable with several funny scenes!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 12 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Misc wrote:

Yep, thought it was reasonable with several funny scenes!

Favorite was how that dude kept 'not' losing his arm. Laughing

I'm a big fan of these types of films, mostly the Judd Apatow type stuff, usually uses a few of the same actors. Zack & Miri is pretty decent.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:18 - 12 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack and Miri was surprisingly good (maybe I had low expectations), Superbad was reasonable, Funny People is okay but Pineapple Express was shite (IMHO!).

Edit: On a different genre, seen the trailer for Priest? Could go either way I reckon...
https://www.firstshowing.net/2010/09/09/official-trailer-for-tokyopops-priest-movie-with-paul-bettany/

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 12 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Zack and Miri was surprisingly good (maybe I had low expectations), Superbad was reasonable, Funny People is okay but Pineapple Express was shite (IMHO!).

Edit: On a different genre, seen the trailer for Priest? Could go either way I reckon...
https://www.firstshowing.net/2010/09/09/official-trailer-for-tokyopops-priest-movie-with-paul-bettany/

I'm a fan of the Judd Apatow style films especially 40 year old Virgin & Knocked up but Pineapple express felt too slapstick. Seth Rogen really annoys me too.

That Priest looks like it's going for the epic film slot, so like you say it could go either way. The actors that i recognized don't give me much confidence, especially after Paul Bettany's 'Legion'.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 12 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
That Priest looks like it's going for the epic film slot, so like you say it could go either way. The actors that i recognized don't give me much confidence, especially after Paul Bettany's 'Legion'.

You'll be worried to hear it's the same people making it then!

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 12 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Misc wrote:

You'll be worried to hear it's the same people making it then!

Oh dear. Laughing If you've seen Legion then you'll know there's little hope for this film, especially as Legion is fairly new, so there's no excuse for how bad it was really.

N.C
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:54 - 16 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

strag wrote:
RussG wrote:
Four Lions is readily available

Just watched the trailer for this...well funny! Good call Russ.

https://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi441779225/

agree, funniest film ive watched in years!

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 16 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Zombieland" was brilliant. Also enjoyed "Adventureland", not comedy as such but a good film. Zac and Miri was also great. If you want mindless action along the same lines as the A-team remake and "The expendables" then check out "The Losers" as well.

Watched "Ironman 2" the other night and was utterly underwhelmed, then watched another film straight after and was blown away, if you haven't seen it yet you need to see "Frequently asked questions about Time Travel".

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:23 - 22 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched shawshank redemption, and fuck me, what a film.
At first i was like, its a bit shit this then i was drawn in by it, all the way to the end, almost shed a tear right at the end too, truely moving.

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:55 - 27 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Shawshank is epic. Give Mystic River a watch too, hadn't seen it until a few months back. Another film that you'll wonder why you hadn't seen it before.

Just watched Predators, had low hopes when i first heard but really thought it was good. Stayed close to the original, good cast, awesome moments & another bit of story to add to the Alien species. Didn't have that scene in the trailer with the several laser sights tho..

Can't wait for the Alien movie now. (read there's also talk of a Predators sequel)

On the subject of films, there's talk of Scorsese doing another gangster movie with De Niro, Pesci & Pacino. https://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=33843. Smile

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:38 - 27 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched a film called 'Frozen' last night. About 3 people who get trapped on a ski lift in the mountains with no one coming back for a week 50ft in the air. Sounds shit right? Yeah that's what I thought, I figured well it's gonna be like 'Open Water' and lose any interest after 5 mins, but I was surprised it turned out to be pretty good and some scenes were pretty damn disturbing if you imagined yourself to be in their situation, deffo worth checking out.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:54 - 27 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Watched a film called 'Frozen' last night. About 3 people who get trapped on a ski lift in the mountains with no one coming back for a week 50ft in the air. Sounds shit right?

It's a truly dreadful film.

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 27 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao there's far worse out there, I read some reviews after and people were slating it left right and centre, lol I was like ahhh come on it aint THAT bad!

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:51 - 27 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a film, but the new season of the Simpsons (S22E01) started last night. Mr. Green
Tarmacsurfer wrote:
Zac and Miri was also great.

Downloaded that a few days ago and it's good. Thumbs Up

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:02 - 27 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

An american crime

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0802948/

A disturbing film, considering it is based on a true story.

this is the wiki link about the murdered girl Sylvia Likens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Likens

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 27 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Watched a film called 'Frozen' last night. About 3 people who get trapped on a ski lift in the mountains with no one coming back for a week 50ft in the air. Sounds shit right? Yeah that's what I thought, I figured well it's gonna be like 'Open Water' and lose any interest after 5 mins, but I was surprised it turned out to be pretty good and some scenes were pretty damn disturbing if you imagined yourself to be in their situation, deffo worth checking out.

GhostRider

I enjoyed this too, was looking forward to it ever since seeing the trailer in '09. It kept my attention more then a lot of big budget crap & had a decent situation.

Did you cringe at the 'jump'? Laughing

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 27 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
GhostRider wrote:

GhostRider

I enjoyed this too, was looking forward to it ever since seeing the trailer in '09. It kept my attention more then a lot of big budget crap & had a decent situation.

Did you cringe at the 'jump'? Laughing

Haha yeah but I thought they could have used the cameras better to give you a better idea of how high it really was, it was what happened to him after that really got me though Shocked.

GhostRider

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:40 - 28 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://brusimm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Splice-Dren-promo-art.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_j9PQWPKjVZs/S8nVK-P7ZoI/AAAAAAAABuE/Mi23fLozw04/s1600/splice-dren-kills.jpg

"Elsa and Clive, two young rebellious scientists, defy legal and ethical boundaries and forge ahead with a dangerous experiment: splicing together human and animal DNA to create a new organism. Named "Dren", the creature rapidly develops from a deformed female infant into a beautiful but dangerous winged human-chimera, who forges a bond with both of her creators - only to have that bond turn deadly."

Worth a watch imo & a good 720p copy pre'ed a couple of hours ago so go grab it whilst it's hot. Thumbs Up

Also... first there was Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus and now there's Sharktopus!!!! Mr. Green Haven't seen it yet cos it's downloading at the moment but I'm sure it'll live up to all expectations.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SO_JYKtl9A8/S8eRg5xw76I/AAAAAAAAFUg/SI-jQvFCAds/s1600/sharktopus.jpg

https://twitchfilm.net/news/Sharktopus.jpg

And then there's Dinoshark which I assume must also be a great film so that's also downloading at the moment.

A 1080p version of the 2010 edition of A Nightmare on Elm Street hit the net yesterday. It's not as bad as I expected, because it's a remake of a classic I was expecting it to be epicly bad and it turned out only to be slightly bad.

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:36 - 28 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before i comment on frozen i should probably contribite something, in no order, the only films i dident see anyone mention:

Blow - Scarface esque
Centurion - Recent, kind of forgettable but held my attention
Dazed and Confused - Cult, nice vibe to it.
Gerry - very abstract/boring gus van sant "arthouse" film, i kind of liked it in a weird way
HarryBrown and Dead Mans Shoes - both good british vigilante style films
Moon(2009) - made me think, good solo' ish performance from Sam Rockwell
Gran Torino - one of the few clint eastwood films i like
Whip It - the girl from juno is a roller derby girl, its not a bad way to waste an hour and a half

As for Frozen, i kind of liked the film but the flaws in the logic ruined it for me.

/Spoilers Why not tie all those clothes together as a ladder to lower yourself down, or at least try to climb across the cable before jumping? Also, man eating wolves on a ski resort? really?But apart from that good...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 3 of 194