Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:52 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Rouge One ... CGI might give you amazing explosions but they still can't do a realistic human face ...

Oh yeah, it's terrible Rolling Eyes

https://i.imgur.com/TJL0Fzm.png

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:19 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tokarev 7/10

Nicolas cage is a bloke who dies things he said he wouldn't do to find out who killed his daughter

good thriller with action and a surprising twist at the end
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:00 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
M.C wrote:
Rouge One ... CGI might give you amazing explosions but they still can't do a realistic human face ...

Oh yeah, it's terrible Rolling Eyes

https://i.imgur.com/TJL0Fzm.png

Nope, that's still square in the fetid swamps of the Uncanny Valley.

Burn them with fire.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:52 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't put my finger on it. They look better as stills but when they move the look like animatronic disneyland ride characters to me. It's getting there, but it's not there yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 24 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I can't put my finger on it.

They look unrealistic, even Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles would be able to tell. I was thinking most recent big budget films are still going to look good in 20 years time, as the CGI's so seamless. This won't, it looks shit now and will look truly shit when people look back at it.

Maybe they'll fiddle with them in future like the other films Smile

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucy - 3 / 10

... WHAT! Shocked

The only redeeming features of this film is Scarlett Johansson (to look at, not the acting) and being able to watch the Cinema Sins - Everything Wrong With Lucy video
Otherwise ... WHAT!!!!!
Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:46 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Exposed" starring Keanu Reeves

1 out of 10. some of the city scapes, and a little bit of the lead female character was vaguely interesting, otherwise total rubbish

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue_Shadow wrote:
Lucy - 3 / 10

... WHAT! Shocked

The only redeeming features of this film is Scarlett Johansson (to look at, not the acting) and being able to watch the Cinema Sins - Everything Wrong With Lucy video
Otherwise ... WHAT!!!!!
Laughing

I watched that the other day as well. It was a weird one, felt like someone's school project with random cuts to archive footage, and the philosophical shit combined with action/violence was odd. I'd probably give it a 4/10.

Fury 5/10 - gritty war thing with Brad Pitt. It's alright, a tad predictable and no real depth beyond the fact that war's very very unpleasant.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:00 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Fury 5/10 - gritty war thing with Brad Pitt. It's alright, a tad predictable and no real depth beyond the fact that war's very very unpleasant.

On IMDB, Rogerborg wrote:

War is hell, man. War is hell.

Except that it wasn't really, not for the Yanks who rocked up at the last minute and grabbed the credit for finishing off the Krauts that the Brits had been pummelling for over 5 years.

By April 1945, while the Septics were gorging on chocolate cake, the Hun was done. Jerry was out of munitions, out of fuel, and out of food - they were down to eating sawdust. Resistance had essentially collapsed, and the remaining pockets were being mopped up by overwhelming artillery and air superiority including the ground attack aircraft which are conspicuous by their absence here.

There were no counter-attacks being launched, no Waffen SS units left in reserve to launch them, and if there were, they wouldn't have made such an utterly ham fisted job of things as shown in this revisionist fantasy, trying to Zerg-rush machine guns.

There is a strong fantasy feel to this dreadful, heavy handed mess. Never mind tracer, the guns appear to be firing laser bolts. Pew-pew-pew. Ami grenades explode handily on impact, Kraut potato mashers with their 5 second fuse just sit there patiently waiting and waiting for tedious dragged-out scenes to play out. Shermans are apparently whisper quiet, which will come as news to anyone who's been within half a mile of one, and their guns go "pop" rather than crashing out a deafening cloud of smoke.

Long and very tiresome story short, this is a Vietnam flick clumsily transplanted to a fog-machine filled Europe. Appalling in every way.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:37 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:

On IMDB, Rogerborg wrote:

War is hell, man. War is hell.

Except that it wasn't really, not for the Yanks who rocked up at the last minute and grabbed the credit for finishing off the Krauts that the Brits had been pummelling for over 5 years.

By April 1945, while the Septics were gorging on chocolate cake, the Hun was done. Jerry was out of munitions, out of fuel, and out of food - they were down to eating sawdust. Resistance had essentially collapsed, and the remaining pockets were being mopped up by overwhelming artillery and air superiority including the ground attack aircraft which are conspicuous by their absence here.

There were no counter-attacks being launched, no Waffen SS units left in reserve to launch them, and if there were, they wouldn't have made such an utterly ham fisted job of things as shown in this revisionist fantasy, trying to Zerg-rush machine guns.

There is a strong fantasy feel to this dreadful, heavy handed mess. Never mind tracer, the guns appear to be firing laser bolts. Pew-pew-pew. Ami grenades explode handily on impact, Kraut potato mashers with their 5 second fuse just sit there patiently waiting and waiting for tedious dragged-out scenes to play out. Shermans are apparently whisper quiet, which will come as news to anyone who's been within half a mile of one, and their guns go "pop" rather than crashing out a deafening cloud of smoke.

Long and very tiresome story short, this is a Vietnam flick clumsily transplanted to a fog-machine filled Europe. Appalling in every way.

I still think these films are just recruitment videos for the US army. The way they portray the events and heroism of the obviously supranatural US army/marines dominating the field. All that with God blessing the 'merica and no one else on this planet.

Which subconsciously programs the general public into thinking 'mericans were essential, did great job, in such events. Thanking fellow 'mericans who were there for their service.

Let's face it, 'mericans started wars, joined war efforts and even created their own conflicts to have a reason to start a war, yet they've never won a single conflit. We could argue 'mericans won the ''Cold war'' but there was never a war to begin with. The USSR was never in war with USA and vice versa.

'mericans are bullshiters, we all know that. Selling dreams and promises.

EDIT: I might be wrong, after all 'mericans did win the war against the aborigines and other defenseless groups of people.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Seriously?

It wasn't until I read this thread that it even crossed my that they were CGI witchcraft, I'd assumed they used lookalikes and much make up!

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 16:27 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
M.C wrote:

Seriously?

It wasn't until I read this thread that it even crossed my that they were CGI witchcraft, I'd assumed they used lookalikes and much make up!

I'll admit that top one I didn't even clock on to but then I didn't realise he was an original character who's dead (not a massive Star Wars fan) but I knew Leia was CGI.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hacksaw Ridge (2016) - 6.5/10

A man wants to join the army after the Pearl Harbor attack, but it's got a catch. He's a man of god and won't touch a weapon. Telling you more would be spoiling it.

The 2nd half of the film is a very graphic display of all the war terrors. Many practical effects, that looked very real. DO NOT watch this with your young children.

I would give it better score but the whole: I'm not insane just because god speaks to me and Vince Vaughn, who might be a great comedian, but he sure made the film look like a comedy in many places. I can't take him seriously in such role. Also, they could work with the characters a bit more. The film felt very rushed.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue One - 10/10

I'm a child of the seventies, saw the first one in the cinema.
This has a strong original feel for me but with more epic-ness, it took me back, not just with the original characters cgi'd in.
I'm once again strong with the Force.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:34 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Fury stuff

I got it wasn't a documentary, and yanks have a habit of bending history Smile

Logan 5/10 - a lot darker than the previous Wolverine/X-men films. It's alright, plods along to a rather predictable ending.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 06:28 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rouge One - 7/10
I'm not a star wars fan although I always wanted to be a Jedi and have a lightsaber. This is the best Star wars film I've seen and I've seen them all.
I didn't grow up in the 70s.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:58 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Vince Vaughn, who might be a great comedian, but he sure made the film look like a comedy in many places. I can't take him seriously in such role..

I can understand that, A whole lot of years ago I watched 3rd Rock From the Sun. Right after that Cliffhanger was on. I had watched John Lithgo turn from "Dick" the dunce to a psychopath. It just did not work!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:58 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
I still think [Fury is] just recruitment videos for the US army.

Nope, this is the other thing, the pinko liberal SJW just-let-Hitler-win film.

I know it's not a documentary but I don't have to like it when theatrical productions set out deliberately to get things wrong. The actual conflict and period weren't even particularly relevant to the plot: they could have picked a different war, or a different year or even an earlier month.

Oh, and for the love of allah, BCF:

https://i.imgur.com/mtMOryG.jpg

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 26 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Nighter (2017) - 7/10

What a nice surprise. Emile Hirsch and J.K. Simmons had great chemistry. The film was well made, the comedy bits were good, the SNL cameos were also funny, well placed and performed. Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Wall 4/10 - Matt Damon puts on some sort of accent to protect the world from some sort of creatures. That's literally it, if you want a mindless predictable action film with absolutely no depth then you'll enjoy it. However I implore you to read a book, paint a picture, go appreciate some architecture rather than watch this.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:20 - 28 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Men Apocalypse 5/10 - better than I was expecting after all the negative reviews. Sits between First class and Days of future past IMO (the former being good and the latter rubbish). Way too long though and it's starting to get a tad confusing with all the chronological jumping about in the X-Men/Wolverine franchises. Also I noticed they had a little dig at themselves in the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsXjuh7AmAE Laughing

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:31 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hacksaw Ridge - 7/10
This is me being generous, I don't get the reviews that say this is better than Saving Private Ryan, it's not even at the bottom of the ridge where they start. I didn't feel for any of the characters, there tactics seem to come from FPS and it's seems they just wanted a Michael Bay movie without paying for Michael Bay.
If anything on the Wiki about Desmond Doss true, copying that would of made a better movie.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 13:06 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Matt Damon puts on some sort of accent

I wrote the same thing, his accent was fucking bizzare. I have since read that with the help of a dialect coach.... they literally made it up Shocked

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:47 - 29 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/kVuNQ6u.gif

So, in one film he promotes cultural appropriation, shitlord imperialism, and building walls to keep out savage foreigners.

Needs to check his privilege, big style.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 31 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden Figures 4.5/10 - basically a crap version of Apollo 13 with lots of this:

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/black-woman-attitude_4523.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 114 of 194