Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 14:02 - 16 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Keks

The thing is, he spelled it 'Allot' which means to give out or distribute.

Maybe he just missed the comma?

'I enjoyed this, allot.'

Simply missed the comma Thumbs Up

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 16 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kong - Skull Island. 6/10

Not a fan of the Kong films but I thought I'd indulge the Mrs, who is.
First one I've seen at the cinema which added to the experience and made the film more watchable.
I liked the fact that the usual format wasn't adhered to, made it more interesting.
Also, better actors made the difference.
Not too bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 16 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
A Streetcat Named Bob - 8/10

Heartwarming story, reasonably well acted. Tough watch in places and reminds me not to be harsh to people who have fallen on hard times.

Read the book too recently to watch the film. Book is an excellent read though. Sorry I know this is the film thread.

Also not a film, but on my flight home recently I started watching Modus season 1, cannot find it on any of the sites I use online to continue. Sad Was enjoying it.

Last film I watched was Max Steel. A kids film, comic-book style. A bit cheesy but an easy watch. Short, which was why it was chosen in-flight. A watchable rating, but don't push to see it. 5.5/10

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 16 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan. Better than I thought and less tiresome to watch than some of the other Wolverine films. 7/10.

I think occasionally the last in a long line of films can be one of the best, as the characters can appear more real person and less hyped up maybe?

I wish they hadn't made a Fast8 film though. It should have died at the 7th film and the last one to feature Mr Walker. I won't watch the new one on principal now I know Jason bloody Statham is in it.

Probably will be as crap as expendables 3 if it's lucky!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 17 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-G wrote:
Fast 8.

The only good thing about it was Charlie Theron, she had nice hair. Her hair was stunning, thought to myself "Dave get the wife a wig that resembles Therons hair and you could pretend that you are banging Charlie Theron". This would only work with the lights off so sort of defeats the object.

I digress, the film was 4.5/10. 3.5 out of that was for Theron's hair. The film was totally 'A team'. I half expected Vin Diesel to say "I love it when a plan comes together". It was crap. Half a dozen good action scenes a good film does not make. How they got Helen Mirren to appear in it I'll never know.

Download from the usual places. Don't do what I did and end up paying over £20 to see it. £11.60 for XPlus screening of said film, £3.80 for a Coke Zero large cup and £5.18 for a handful of pick and mix. I was robbed.

https://i63.tinypic.com/2r3gym9.jpg

Pretty much this. The producers must think their target audience are complete and utter mongs, "he's in New York", next scene is of New York with the name spelt out with aftereffects Brick Wall

If you're into cars, and go in some forlorn hope it'll be even remotely about them you'll be disappointed. It's another social experiment testing out how unbelievable you can make something, basically charging people to insult their intelligence... not that there was much of that in the audience.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 17 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live by night - 6.5/10

1920's, prohibition in the US of A, mobsters, Ben Affleck.

It was a alright film, Affleck seems to be doing good job these days, but it was far too long and had many sceens the film would be better without of. I really enjoyed the car chases, reminded me of the first Mafia videogame.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:33 - 17 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot my rating, Fast 8 3/10.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:33 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast 8 - 6.5 / 10

Yeah, it's far fetched and clichéd to feck - but as a 'brains-out' watch with the missus at the cinema it was okay with a few funny bits that made me genuinely laugh out loud. Action scenes were good and when the cars were driving themselves it was decent CGI for a change.

Don't take it seriously and you may enjoy it. Thumbs Up

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hatton Garden Job 4/10

A "heart-warming" film about a bunch of elderly, old-school, cockney wheezers keeping fit & active by doing DIY over the Easter holidays.

Trouble is we all know how it ends.........

Film is sub Guy Ritchie and brings nothing new to the story, not even any laughs.

Aceslock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:30 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan - 5/10

Thought it was rubbish, boring, long winded. Couldn't keep my eyes open through it. It has very little connection to the X-Men series of films.

I would have given it less of a score, but for the goriness.......

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Superhero film #489 aka Antman 4.5/10 - couldn't find anything to watch so thought I'd give this a go. It tries to be funny but only achieves mild amusement, the rest of it's like Iron Man meets the borrowers, not worthy of a sequel...

... but that won't stop them.

Awwwww, the train crash was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Sad

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said mild amusement Smile I actually found big Thomas funnier.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:02 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if anyones done this yet but

Life - 8/10 decent alien film, few plotholes in it , good ending Very Happy

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:43 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
Life - 8/10 decent alien film, few plotholes in it , good ending Very Happy

IMDB reviews seem to be:

In Alien, the crew do the best they can, so we care when they get their faces eaten anyway.

In Life, the crew do herp de derp de derp #BlobLivesMatter, so meh, chow down.

Unfair?

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:56 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes roger, there are definitely some people who deserve to die (and do) Very Happy

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Alien films, i got a bit of a chubby on for Alien covenant, trailer looks good so far. I might have to go t' pictures and watch it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:17 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain America Win... oh wait I've actually seen this one, ok then Civil War - the marvel universe reaches a convoluted crescendo. Who are these people, what the f**k are they on about? Why's Spiderman there, I thought he was DC. Are all Marvel movies just a superhero orgy now? Why was Spiderman in there again? Why's he so young. Why's Aunt May so young?

Tony stank.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 18 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
i got a bit of a chubby on

Pics?

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:36 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Fast 8 - 6.5 / 10

Yeah, it's far fetched and clichéd to feck - but as a 'brains-out' watch with the missus at the cinema it was okay with a few funny bits that made me genuinely laugh out loud. Action scenes were good and when the cars were driving themselves it was decent CGI for a change.

Don't take it seriously and you may enjoy it. Thumbs Up

Until I see 50+ gear changes while going in a strait line, or the other guy is just about to overtake, oh better put the foot down now. WFT Rolling Eyes The pedal should of been stuck down from the driver trying to push it through the floor.

If it doesn't have the above, I may be able to leave my complete disbelief at the door.
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:42 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I think throwing the car into reverse and winning the race backwards was the worst thing that about that scene, I think the last time I saw that was in a Herbie movie, or it might have been another fast and furious film Laughing

Yeah it was walk out the cinema bad, I would have had I been on my own, although seeing as my pal said he would pay and didn't I probably should have Twisted Evil
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:48 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the bit where he used the door of the Lamborghini to stop 50 cal' rounds? Nah totally believable Folded arms

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
You mean the bit where he used the door of the Lamborghini to stop 50 cal' rounds? Nah totally believable Folded arms

I think if you watch a Fast & Furious movie expecting it to contain only 'possible' physics then you're in the wrong movie. They've remained true to form. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 19 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried turning my brain off but got bored. The only fun in films like that's picking holes in them Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 117 of 194