Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:46 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I tried turning my brain off but got bored. The only fun in films like that's picking holes in them Smile

As long as a Lamborghini door doesn't get in the way.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control - a profile of Ian Curtis from Joy Division.

depressing film Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 20 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

Depressing when you think your TVs broken cos it's in black and white Smile

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

Depressing when you think your TVs broken cos it's in black and white Smile

Oh, it was in black and white. I thought I'd lost the control again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 19:35 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Father - 6/10

Mel Gibson is an ex con trying to protect his daughter who has been missing and miraculously shows up with a gang of cholo gangsters in pursuit.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:12 - 21 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Founder 4/10 - thing about McDonalds, mildly interesting.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Comedian Robert DeNiro, Harvey Keitel, Danny DeVito, Billy Crystal... 7.8/10. Two hours of top entertainment. Smile

Sand Castle War movie in Iraq, surprisingly good. 7.6/10.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:46 - 22 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold - 8/10

Not as good as it could have been, I guess, but still very interesting. A true story of a mining prospector with Matthew McConaughey in the lead role (not going to spoil it). I've never heard the original story, but this film would work even if it was completely fictional.

Worth the time. Thumbs Up

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rings - 3.5/10

If you've seen the original film, then this will be a alright reminder of the past. If you've never seen the original film, then this is pretty much an average cheap horror film.

The film makers got lazy, which is understandable, as this film was meant to be distributed on VHS tapes. For those who are familiar with the original (SPOILER), everyone who saw the tape, had to make a copy of it. In this film, that copy was just plain ctrl+c and ctrl+v. The end sceen just made me question the whole film.
The first moments of the film were actually great, very promissing, but then the film makers realised, that no body has a VHS tape player/VCR anymore and younger viewers won't know what a VHS tape is, so they decided to go 21. century with the whole idea. And that was when the film went downhill.

It was nice to see Johnny Galecki in a film again. But this was pretty crappy version of the original. Can a film about killing VHS tape even work today? I doubt that.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Rings - 3.5/10

If you've seen the original film, then this will be a alright reminder of the past. If you've never seen the original film, then this is pretty much an average cheap horror film.

The film makers got lazy, which is understandable, as this film was meant to be distributed on VHS tapes. For those who are familiar with the original (SPOILER), everyone who saw the tape, had to make a copy of it. In this film, that copy was just plain ctrl+c and ctrl+v. The end sceen just made me question the whole film.
The first moments of the film were actually great, very promissing, but then the film makers realised, that no body has a VHS tape player/VCR anymore and younger viewers won't know what a VHS tape is, so they decided to go 21. century with the whole idea. And that was when the film went downhill.

It was nice to see Johnny Galecki in a film again. But this was pretty crappy version of the original. Can a film about killing VHS tape even work today? I doubt that.

Turned it off 15 minutes in, utter dreck.
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:46 - 23 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't he just read his mind?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:14 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micro Men (2009, Tv) - 7/10

The Clive Sinclair vs Chris Curry story. It was made for Tv, so some of the bits seemed a bit cheap, but the story is strong enough to keep you entertained.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 28 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extraterrestrial 4/10 - cabin in the woods with aliens, spent most of the film with a nagging doubt I'd seen it before, still not sure.

Predestination 3.5/10 - [spoiler] girl born with both sets of sexual organs has a kid then a sex change, and goes back in time to impregnate herself, whilst a future version of himself goes back to steal the baby and deliver it to the past thus creating the original he/she. Following? Good, cos the future version of him/herself also spends the whole film chasing a terrorist which turns out to be yet another future version of himself. The sad thing's that none of that comes as a shock, it's such a slow and obvious film.

Short Term 12 4.5/10 - low budget thing with the guy from Mr Robot about kids in care. It was ok for what it was.

Like Crazy 4/10 - low budget romantic thing with a surprisingly big name cast (I guess before they were commanding big salaries). Rouge One gal and modern Chekov fall in love but visa issues get in the way of their love. The mockingjay also features as Checkov's backup bitch. Not entirely sure why I watched it.

The Monuments Men 3.5/10 - bunch of old guys steal back artwork from Hitler, whilst taking an occasional cursory glance at the horrors of war and the holocaust. Even the fat guy from Rosanne couldn't save the film.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 04:49 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Just crap films

I don't know if your just having a bad day or those films where that crap.
I didn't think The Monuments Men was too bad but I haven't retained any memory of it.
Short Term 12 and Like Crazy are waiting to be watched, but I keep putting them to the bottom of my list, maybe that's a good thing.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
The Founder 4/10 - thing about McDonalds, mildly interesting.

I thought it was pretty good, considering it's a true story.

I'd have given it a 6.5 myself.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 29 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going wrote:
M.C wrote:
Just crap films

I don't know if your just having a bad day or those films where that crap.
I didn't think The Monuments Men was too bad but I haven't retained any memory of it.
Short Term 12 and Like Crazy are waiting to be watched, but I keep putting them to the bottom of my list, maybe that's a good thing.

Well these were all random I'll give it a go TV movies, but generally I see movies the same way as music, most of its crap but occasionally you find something really good.

RhynoCZ wrote:
Micro Men (2009, Tv) - 7/10

The Clive Sinclair vs Chris Curry story. It was made for Tv, so some of the bits seemed a bit cheap, but the story is strong enough to keep you entertained.

I remember it being decent but it was ages ago I saw it.

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 - 10/10

• Hillarious
• Amazing soundtrack
• As good if not better than the first film

https://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Guardians-Galaxy-2-Baby-Groot-Trailer.jpg

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden Figures - 8/10
The story of how black, female "computers" helped NASA win the space race.

I'm a sucker for anything 60's era NASA and I thought this had just the right mixture of geek, drama and comedy.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:00 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Hidden Figures - 8/10
The story of how black, female "computers" helped NASA win the space race.

And all without losing they sas.

https://i.imgur.com/7V9o01j.gif

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 30 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those white male mongs would never have made it to the moon without finger wagging according to the film.

Gold 5/10 - basically wolf of wall street with a patsy and a lot less glamour.
Poundshop Dave This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 01 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic beasts and where to find them - 7/10

A ''Harry Potter/J. K. Rowling'' story, that turned out even better than the ''original'' films. I didn't expect much of it, but it was very nicely done. Good cast as well. Worth the time.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:05 - 02 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poundshop Dave wrote:
The main woman was OK, if it was free I might have had a go but pay for it no chance never.

You mean the film, or... ?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 332 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 118 of 194