Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:45 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:
Wonder Woman: I thought it was a bit.... meh. Gal just seemed pout in most scenes, that or have a vacant look

Gadot has Resting Pout Face.

It's a sad state of affairs when they trawled the cast of Fast and Furious 6, and picked that emaciated waif over Gina Carano. No great shakes as an actress either, but far more credible as a warrior princess.

Feminism fail too. The early Wonder Women suffering-Sapho comics featured the same sort of body image as 1970s stick insect Lynda Carter. But in the past decades they've settled on something a lot more robust. More, well, Gina Carano.

Then they get a big screen and a budget, and what do we get? Hair-on-stilts again. A posing meat muppet who you can safely lech over without her being a threat to your masculinity.

Remember, girls, all Women are Wonderful, as long as they weigh 100 pounds soaking wet and have magic jewellery.

#Triggered

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:11 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
CBFcarl wrote:

Baby Driver https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3890160/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I've been looking forwards to this for some time. Edgar Wright? Check. Kevin Spacey? Check. Amazing soundtrack? Check. I loved this film. Even Jamie Foxx, Jon Hamm and the girls were brilliant. The perfect match of Style and Substance. 8.5/10

is it really this good? im a big Subaru fan but the advert made it (the film) look... shit.

Yes. I am tempted to go and watch it again at the cinema. I'm gonna get it on Bluray when it is out, but I think it was brilliant on a big screen, with the sound system in the cinema. Would even be tempted to see it in 4dx. Really enjoyed it. The scooby is only in it briefly, the car ain't the star.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:22 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:
Wonder Woman: I thought it was a bit.... meh. Gal just seemed pout in most scenes, that or have a vacant look (still wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting though).... IMO it dragged on a bit and I found myself getting up and doing other things and left it playing. Sorry, but it's a 5/10 from me.

I'd give Wonder Woman - 4/10: Could of got a little more if they used the 1070's costume for something to look at. That and duck tape on all their mouths. The next Star Trek movie will be about Captain Kirk going back in time to save the world, being beamed up by scotty at the last moment. I don't know what Spock was up to. But the bad guy has come back and has a better idea on what to do in Fargo.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:48 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible Bosses 2 6/10 - the 3 guys from the first film invent shower pal, previously known as shower buddy (a certain someone has seen this then Very Happy), and some things happen. I thought it was funnier than the first one, although reviews suggest I'm alone in that opinion.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:51 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the child to the cinema last night to watch:

Despicable Me 3

More of the same. I really enjoyed the first one (7.5/10), the second one was ok (6.8/10) and this is more of the same. Points lost for the sheer irritation levels emenated by the bad guy (voiced by one of the blokes that do South Park). If you like the series, you'll like this. If not, stay away.

6.412135/10

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:30 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
Despicable Me 3

More of the same. I really enjoyed the first one (7.5/10), the second one was ok (6.8/10) and this is more of the same.

Interesting, I thought it was the second one everyone went on about, tried to watch the first but it wasn't my cup of tea (I like some of the Pixar animations).

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:32 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
CBFcarl wrote:
Despicable Me 3

More of the same. I really enjoyed the first one (7.5/10), the second one was ok (6.8/10) and this is more of the same.

Interesting, I thought it was the second one everyone went on about, tried to watch the first but it wasn't my cup of tea (I like some of the Pixar animations).

It might be, it's not like I have my finger on the pulse, or I am the target demographic Smile

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
It might be, it's not like I have my finger on the pulse, or I am the target demographic Smile

I thought they were mainly for the adult, kids will watch any shite with lots of colours and movements, it's the adult who will take them and pay to watch the move Smile

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:06 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Eyes On Me

Good film, seemed pretty accurate with some of the details. Tupac actual looked and played the part well. Other actors did the job ok, some sketchy attempts at depicting the characters, but over all ok.

A lot of story packed into the film, so some parts felt like they were skimmed over. Meant that some of the important bits were not as impactful as they could/should have been.

Probably not groundbreaking, and I dont think it is as good as Notorious, but I enjoyed it and worth a watch if you have ever enjoyed his music.

7/10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:22 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ tried to watch it (I like rap and Tupac), started off with civil rights stuff straight away so I turned it off.

May I kill U? 4/10 - Kevin Bishop stars as a vigilante copper in this dark comedy... except it isn't very funny. Can't help but feel it would have been better without Bishop.

Get Hard 4.5/10 - Will Ferrell has to toughen up for prison. If you've seen the trailer you've seen all the funny bits.

Westworld 5.5/10 - realised I had actually seen this many moons ago, it's obviously the film the series' based on, except it gets through everything in 90 minutes and not 10 tedious hours. It's ok for a 70s film, stands up (to modern standards) fairly well.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Out - 7/10

An unexpected horror film from Jordan Peele. Quite unusual as well.

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Get Out - 7/10

An unexpected horror film from Jordan Peele. Quite unusual as well.

Ah the joy of this thread... I thought it was a bit shit and only got a 3 or 4/10 IMO.... and that was being (very) generous
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
^ tried to watch it (I like rap and Tupac), started off with civil rights stuff straight away so I turned it off.

Ha, I had the same thoughts about that bit lol, but it didn't last long and moved on from that

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
M.C wrote:

Ha, I had the same thoughts about that bit lol, but it didn't last long and moved on from that

Good to know Thumbs Up I'll wait until a good quality version comes onto a certain streaming platform Whistle

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 07 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan Z - 1/10

The 1 is for a mildly attractive bird who appears later on in the film.
Nothing much happens, one or two zombie tussles, the people get to where they want to go and that's about it.
Believe me, that wasn't a spoiler.

Actually, I may have to rescind the 1 due to the appalling acting.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:28 - 07 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Plan Z - 1/10

Mmm. Netflix' insistence on its mongtarded "match" system has got to go. It shows that as a "98% match" for me, rather than the "1/10, not even comically bad" that it doubtless is.

I guess we can thank Amy Schumer and her 1-star Netflix special for that. Is there nothing that porky faux-feminist slags can't ruin? Crying or Very sad

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 08 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddington 6/10 - better than I expected, I thought it was going to be a cringeworthy kids film, but there's enough humour to keep you entertained even if you're slightly more mature Shifty

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:41 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Fire - 6/10

A film where nothing goes as planned. It was alright, I haven't skipped a scene. It had some funny bits as well, worth the time, I'd say. It's no masterpiece though. Very well picked cast. Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wick 2 6/10 - carries on from the first film (literally it's the same storyline), it's good, has the same grittiness as the first one, but I felt they needed to come up with a bit more for it to surpass the first film (it's more of the same).

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despicable 3. 5/10

Went to the flicks to watch this with Baby Satan this evening. It was good but not as good as the second and nowhere near as good as the first. But it did have me laughing in places.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gia 1998, 6/10

I was round at a female friends house, and was asked if I'd ever seen this film, it's obviously not my kind of movie, but seeing as it had Angelina in it as a lesbian model I made an exception.

Shame she uses bad needles, gets sick and dies, as she was a stunning but slightly fucked up successful model and it's all such a waste really. Neutral

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 13:47 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Name is Lenny - 6/10

I thought this was going to be amazing for a British flick about an infamous criminal figure. Lenny's son was involved (not sure if he directed) but strangely only focused on his 3 fights with Roy Shaw and nothing else (being a bouncer, criminal connections, etc).

It was well acted though, very solid little film and I'd recommend watching it. The bloke playing Lenny did a great job.

King Arthur Legend of the Sword - 7.5/10

I love films like this, fantasy stuff mixed with medieval, which is why Game of Thrones is such a winner. Charlie Hunnam has the strangest accent in every part he plays, you can never place it.

It did seem like a Green Street Hooligans reunion of the cast though, lots of familiar faces from those type of football films and lots of big names too.

Good film though, would watch it again Thumbs Up

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:01 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interview (2007) - 7.5/10

Steve Buscemi, a former war correspondent, is sent by his boss to do interview with a failed actress Sienna Miller. Both being reluctant to cooperate. Slowly uncovering each other's life issues and secrets to each other. I quite enjoyed this one, it was a bit different from what I usually find worth the time. Buscemi did a great job and always lovely Miller as well.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf Creek 2 6/10 - really enjoyed the first one, and this one's more of the same. The guy's so twisted... I love him... that laugh Wub Has a budget feel to it so might not be to everyone's taste.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:26 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Means War (7/10)
Who can resist Reese Witherspoon.
I only happened upon it as I was flicking channels and it was just starting. I thought at first due to the cheekbones of the male lead, that it was "Dexter" but it turns out not even to be the same guy, so I thought Ah, Reece, light and bubbly, just what I need. I didn't even click that the English guy was Tom Hardy until my daughter happened to phone me 10 minutes into it, and declared it to be one of her favourite films, and that Tom Hardy even surpassed Leonardo di Caprio in her list of current movie star heart throbs. I had to pay attention to realise that he was the same person as the guy in Taboo and Bronson :o He has quite a range, that boy, doesn't he. Nice one. Still, it was really only fluffy, as any film with Reese Witherspoon must be, and the men were acceptably gung-ho, even the one with Dexter's cheekbones. I gave it an extra point because feelgood Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 125 of 194