Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:07 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunkirk 7/10.

It was very entertaining, if somewhat odd/novel in the way it was put together. A bit too fragmented for my taste, like one of those half-hour fly-on-the-wall jobbies where they keep you hanging on so you don't turn over and miss their ad-breaks. Also failed to capture the sense of hellish mayhem. It was like a large bunch of tourists on the beach at Margate, queuing for ice-creams and donkey-rides. The air combat bits saved it for me.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:49 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:
More importantly, how have you guided a child to nearly 15 years of age without breaking them?

Mine broke around the age of 12 when a friend brought Texas Chainsaw Massacre to a sleepover.

When he was about 11 or 12 we let him watch Shaun Of The Dead. He was fine until the bit ***SPOILERS*** Where Dylan Morans character gets dragged through the window. He can watch it now, but gets spooked easily. We let him watch The Conjuring, and he had to sleep with his bedroom door open and the landing light on for a week and a bit.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:50 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
CBFcarl wrote:
TBF - I was half watching it to see if it was suitable for my 15 year old (almost) to watch as he seems to want to watch horrors at the minute. I think he can watch it.

He is 15. You'd be surprised as to what he's seen so far... I've seen what 12-16 year olds are up to these days and its really not pleasant... so I'd imagine him watching a full blown decapitation whilst someone wanks furiously wouldn't even make him bat an eyelid. Laughing

I'd want to know how he got into my password protected "special" folders, cunningly disguised with labels such as "Drivers"..

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:52 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I am here...

Waynes World.

This was on as I was flicking through the channels before bed last night. Still a funny film, and it is scary how some of the characters (Ed O Neill) have aged. Rob Lowe hasn't though. I'm sure he has formaldehyde running through them veins.

7/10

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
M.C wrote:

Sleeping Gave it another go having turned it off before, just about resisted turning it off again. It's slow, jumps all over the place with storylines that eventually converge in unspectacular fashion. 3/10. Another popular film I don't really get Laughing

How dare you take Nolan's name and blaspheme like that. You sound like my dad, could put the most unreal amazing film on (not saying Dunkirk) and he'd go, "That was shit".

Have you tried Shawshank Redemption on him? Smile I see films like music, most of it is drivel, but occasionally you find the odd gem.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 09 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother! 6/10. An allegory rather than a horror (which is what I thought it was until the last third of the movie, at which point the obvious penny dropped).

Lethargic and uninspired, albeit very clever.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:43 - 09 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apocalypto: 6/10

Been a while since I've seen this one.

Load of actors speaking Mayan with a Brazilian accent, running around doing Mayan things and trying to kill each other, specially the protagonist who wants to save himself and his wife/baby. No idea why Mel Gibson decided it would be a good idea for a film. Can't say it didn't work, but can't really say it worked either. The plot moved like a bad action movie - good idea, good location, lots of possibilities and potential, but none of it fulfilled. No depth in any scene, nothing to give a proper feel for what things may have been like at that time and at that place.

Would recommend if you haven't seen it before; would not recommend a second viewing.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:19 - 09 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Apocalypto

Dreadful tedius mess of a film full of awful actors who were only cast because they met their stanards of racial purity.

Worth it though for gaslighting that pre-colonial societies were foul pits of industial scale savagery even before they got them some Jesus in them. Fakefilm, very bad. Whistle

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:12 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pirates of Somalia. 8/10. Just a damned good movie.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

john wick 1+2 7/10
watched yesterday

no storyline really just lots of fighting and shooting
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

9/11

Charlie Sheen and Luis Guzman get trapped in an elevator in one of the twin towers. Other actors in the elevator as well; token black man and skinny white lady and slightly older white lady (Charlie Sheen's screen wife). Whoopi Goldberg has a small part in the film. Meh, can people be so thick in a panic situation? if this film is anything to go by then yes.

Low budget film using 9/11 and Bush footage that we have all seen hundreds of times, don't bother; it's not that great. 4/10

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
john wick 1+2 7/10
watched yesterday

no storyline really just lots of fighting and shooting

I thought the violence was grittier than the usual Jason Statham (almost slapstick) fighting you get in movies/TV.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 10 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullet Head. 7/10. I thought it was a low-budget schlocker until I started watching it. John Malkovich. Good shit. Smile

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 05:18 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunkirk - 8/10

It was very well done but not a patch on Interstellar / Inception. I see Nolan is working on Memento now as his next project... hmm.

Agree with Hetzer... the air combat scenes stole the show. Lot of waiting about with fuck all going on other wise. I actually liked the way the film was shot, kept me engrossed in it.

Hans also stole the show for me with the sound track. He is literally an integral part of a Nolan production and you can see why he keeps using the guy.

Mother! - 5/10

Don't get me wrong, this was incredibly well shot and made and half way through I thought I had things pegged and then fuck me was I wrong. I have never really seen a film quite like it.

My head kept telling me there was an obvious reason about to explain... nope, it kept going and going right until the end and I just went... "what the fuck" out loud.

I knew nothing of this film before I watched it and I would also advise the same... don't be put off the 5/10 rating I gave it, I only gave it that because I did not personally enjoy it but as I said, it's an incredible film, just not for me. I feel 5/10 was my way of thinking it's 50/50 whether you'll think it was amazing or batshit mental.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:12 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Dunkirk 7/10.

It was very entertaining, if somewhat odd/novel in the way it was put together. A bit too fragmented for my taste, like one of those half-hour fly-on-the-wall jobbies where they keep you hanging on so you don't turn over and miss their ad-breaks. Also failed to capture the sense of hellish mayhem. It was like a large bunch of tourists on the beach at Margate, queuing for ice-creams and donkey-rides. The air combat bits saved it for me.

Too many rounds in that Spitfire. That grated more than using the MkV (better than CGIing in another MK1 or something). The Stukas sounded great though.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chappie 4/10

what the fuck was hugh Jackman thinking when he did this

and sigourny weaver for that matter

think cross between short circuit Robocop and I robot with some mad max thugs thrown in for good measure

biggest load of crap I have watched for ages
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:30 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
chappie 4/10

what the fuck was hugh Jackman thinking when he did this

and sigourny weaver for that matter

I reckon they were only on set for a day. They were probably told it was just cameo parts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Dunkirk...

Wait so you questioned my review before you'd seen it? Eh?

Out of Nothing 5/10 bunch of ordinary guys go racing at Bonneville. I found it interesting but there wasn't much focus on the bikes.

Carrie 4/10 - the barely legal gal from kickass gets her first period, and telekinetic powers at the same time Thinking There were actually some decent performances from an increasingly attractive kickass gal (maybe all men are paedophiles Embarassed) and a decreasingly attractive Julianne Moore (still would tho), but it kinda loses its way and becomes predictable/samey like most horror films.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 16:50 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Nolan is a master and as such, I knew it would be good. Inception / Interstellar are two of my all time favourite films.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Carrie 4/10 - the barely legal gal from kickass gets her first period, and telekinetic powers at the same time Thinking There were actually some decent performances from an increasingly attractive kickass gal (maybe all men are paedophiles Embarassed) and a decreasingly attractive Julianne Moore (still would tho), but it kinda loses its way and becomes predictable/samey like most horror films.

Barely holds a candle to the original https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0074285/ which is a soild 8/10

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
M.C wrote:

Nolan is a master and as such, I knew it would be good. Inception / Interstellar are two of my all time favourite films.

Director fanboy, ok now it makes sense Smile I'm the opposite, doesn't matter how good their previous work is (even in the same franchise), I'll say its shit if I find it shit.

duhawkz wrote:
Barely holds a candle to the original https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0074285/ which is a soild 8/10

I saw that. I might give it a go. Not specifically with Carrie but it really annoys me when Hollywood does a crappy remake and they never seem to show the original again Mad

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:30 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
the barely legal gal from kickass

She wasn't even Robby legal in Kick-Ass.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 18:31 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Director fanboy, ok now it makes sense Smile

Warner Bros wrote:
Home Entertainment has announced that seven acclaimed films from director Christopher Nolan will be available for the first time on 4K Ultra HD on December 18th in Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Dunkirk, The Prestige and Interstellar.

Oh yes.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:
the barely legal gal from kickass

She wasn't even Robby legal in Kick-Ass.

I think she was 15 when filming Carrie, so legal in France Laughing

Jayy wrote:
M.C wrote:
Director fanboy, ok now it makes sense Smile

Warner Bros wrote:
Home Entertainment has announced that seven acclaimed films from director Christopher Nolan will be available for the first time on 4K Ultra HD on December 18th in Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Dunkirk, The Prestige and Interstellar.

Oh yes.

LOL at re-releases... *watch quality magically appear*. I actually like a few films on that list Shhh!

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
Hetzer wrote:
Dunkirk 7/10.

Too many rounds in that Spitfire. That grated more than using the MkV (better than CGIing in another MK1 or something). The Stukas sounded great though.

Approx 13 seconds of continuous fire from an 8-gun Spitfire (.303). Movie had it right. Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 139 of 194