Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelma. 7.5/10. Norweign movie (sub-titled). A bit slow but so nice to watch a movie on a subject like this that hasn't been ruined by Hollywood OTT shite. Very nicely done. Smile

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:11 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't actually count the seconds but it felt like a lot more than that. I guess it mightn't have been.

Was the amount of glide he achieved realistic, especially when factoring in the attack on the Heinkel at the end?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotel Sunshine. Documentary.
Its about the last of the New York Bowery flop houses. Filmed in 2000. Its fascinating and sad but full of all that humanity stuff.

Also watched Camp Hollywood. Another wierd little documentary about a hotel popular with Actors and wannabes in Hollywood.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
I didn't actually count the seconds but it felt like a lot more than that. I guess it mightn't have been.

Was the amount of glide he achieved realistic, especially when factoring in the attack on the Heinkel at the end?

More realistic than a kid getting a bash on the head and being labelled a war hero.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:

I was a bit confused about that. There is no way in hell he could have manoeuvred to attack a plane with a dead motor, much less glide as far as he did (with what looked like a nose-up pitch), not even with flaps (which he didn't put down until the end anyway). An experienced pilot wouldn't have put his wheels down on a surface like that either.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatliners. 4/10. Banal.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Flatliners. 4/10. Banal.

The new one or the original

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:21 - 13 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new one.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:54 - 13 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remake of Flatliners? What in the name of all that's Allah-ish Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:02 - 13 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
The new one.

Why? Surely 90 minutes of your life is worth more?

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 13 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Remake of Flatliners? What in the name of all that's Allah-ish Sad

A film about being brought back from the dead, brought back from the dead, that so meta, man!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:38 - 15 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Brent: life on the road 5.5/10 - so I hate Ricky Gervais, I think he's about as funny as a children's cancer ward, but this wasn't bad. It still has his trademark cringeworthy element but he's decided to include that other thing comedies normally have... you know actual humour. It's probably a bit predictable mind but worth a watch if you have 90 minutes to kill.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:12 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatliners (remake) - 3/10

I don't really remember the original, but I knew what was going on. I'm not sure if this was a remake or a spin off, don't quite care. Kiefer Sutherland had about 3 minutes in the film, not realated to the main plot. The cast was alright, I guess, but that's about it.

Brigsby Bear - 8/10
A very strange film that turned out very well actually. I honestly did not know what to expect, haven't watched the trailer. Great cast and chemistry between the characters. It was nice to see Mark ''the Joker'' Hamill outside the Star Wars universe again. It was worth it. Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:59 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Don't worry no spoilers. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't shout off of the rooftops good either. There were some weird unanswered questions, that may be from lazy writing rather than a planned story. It was entertaining though, and had some of the best action from any Star Wars movie.

I'd give it 7/10.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:11 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton Place 1957: 5/10 to begin but then made it up to a 7/10. Drama set in small town Murica in 1941. Its essentially a precursor to the modern telly soap. A long film at 3 hrs. I was amazed how much I enjoyed it. Ut was on tge Talking Pictures channel 81 freeview. I just put it on as idle background viewing but then was drawn in. Odd what I watch these days, I seem less and less interested in contemporary movies

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:15 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother 2/10

Jayy wrote:
Mother! - 5/10

Don't get me wrong, this was incredibly well shot and made.......

Well shot if you like loads of shaky cam closeups and bad lighting that renders anything and everything a shade of orange.

Meh, the whole thing sucks big time, boredom levels peaked after 40 mins.
Don't waste your time, I just wasted mine so you don't have to! Thumbs Down

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 05:10 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirates of Somalia - 7.5/10

I didn't really know anything about this but it was a toss up between this and The Snowman. I put on the first 5 minutes of both and decided to watch whichever compelled me to watch more.

As with all American films on sensitive subjects, you have to be careful they don't re-write everything and make themselves out to be great.

There were actually several funny references to this by one of the characters telling the main character (who's Canadian) that all the people in Black Hawk Down are just "durka durka mohammeds" Laughing

Another of the characters was one of the main pirates in Captain Philips who is actually quite a natural actor for someone who wasn't an actor before that film.

Cool film that was "based" on a true story.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:21 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justice League.

Took the fam to watch this on Friday. I wasn't expecting great things. The Mrs was expecting bobbins things.
I thought that it was OK. The Mrs thought that it was bobbins.
The story was OK. Aquaman comes across as a little pussy.
I don't know. It just seems, Dark Knight series aside, that the Marvel stuff is just more fun to watch. I loved the 2nd and 3rd Dark Knight films, but I just don't think that Batman works with people with actual superpowers. The film does reference this, but yeah, I wouldn't bother until it comes on Telly next christmas.
5/10

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York.

The kid wanted to watch this yesterday. Not a bad film, and has aged slightly better than the first film, but lacks the originals charm. Also, fuck Talkboys. I had one and it was crap.
Tim Curry though. Smile

6/10

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:47 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
Home Alone 2: Lost In New York.

The kid wanted to watch this yesterday. Not a bad film, and has aged slightly better than the first film, but lacks the originals charm. Also, fuck Talkboys. I had one and it was crap.
Tim Curry though. Smile

6/10

I watched it yesterday and thought they pushed the violence from 'over the top' to 'cartoonish'. Not sure if it's good or bad really. I did enjoy it more than the original though, much more quotable! Both Home Alone movies are childhood favourites.

(we don't speak of Home Alone 3).

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's on folks Christmas movie list?
In no particular order its, Bad Sant, Trading Places and Scrooged for me and She who will always confuse me.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:39 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Die Hard (I don't care if you think that it is a Christmas film), Scrooged, Elf and a family tradition is to watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on Christmas Eve.

Oh, I forgot. When I got back from band practice last night, the mrs was watching The Holiday.
Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet both have men problems, so switch houses for a bit. Diaz ends up in Surrey and pulls Jude Law, Winslet goes to LA and gets it on with Jack Black. In Rotherham, I slit my wrists.

I've seen worse rom-coms, but not willingly.

4/10

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 16:56 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:

Oh, I forgot. When I got back from band practice last night

https://www.mncomputing.com/Files/OTABC.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:07 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Die Hard. Shocked
First time I've ever watched it.

Bruce Willis was never really my idea of a fancy man, so I didn't bother, not even up to Die Hard 4,5,6, whatevs.

But the highly-esteemed Number 1 chaperone was in attendance for a change, and it was what he wanted to watch.

So I did.
And I quite enjoyed it.
Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Even if it did appear to be peopled by the entire entourage of The Scorpions.

No score, due to the Alan Rickman (who is my idea of a fancy man) character dying at the end.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
What's on folks Christmas movie list?
In no particular order its, Bad Sant, Trading Places and Scrooged for me and She who will always confuse me.

Trading Places is my number one all time Christmas favourite.
I love love love Dan Ackroyd's drunken Santa.

In fact, I can quote huge tracts of the script with my eyes closed, same as Dude Where's My Car?

And as for Jamie-Lee Curtis in lederhosen and pigtails with her "Ya, from Sveden!" ... *wibble* If I was a man, I would want get in there and ruin her from the inside, out.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting into the Christmas spirit:

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 4/10 - wasn't sure if I had seen this and I'm still not Thinking Mildly amusing at best.

Bad Santa 2 4.5/10 - lots of smutty dialogue which I loved, but the story was meh. Nowhere near as good as the first film.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 102 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 140 of 194