Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:43 - 03 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Watched Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre, the latest Guy Ritchie, which has Hugh Grant and Jason Statham. Very daft but good for a giggle. Grant is so much more fun as a scumbag.

Josh Hartnett is a cute treat, driving a very nice Mustang GT, om nom nom nom.

He's much the same in Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves. Grant should play Kevin Spacey, if they ever do a bio-pic of the latter's life Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:01 - 04 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex Machina, with Domhnall Gleeson (former cute li'l wizardy thang) and Alicia Vikander made in 2014 and now a rather topical set-piece on what happens when AI is developed by someone with too much money and time on their hands.

Tediously, I seem to have watched too much Sci Fi over the years - as this had nothing new in it to be amazed or impressed with.

The house was internally ugly in that technological brutalist fashion, and uninspiring, with a horrid sense of claustrophobia about it.

But the external scenery (location filming mostly in Norway) was very beautiful.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:14 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves

7/10. Went in not expecting much but it was actually pretty good.

Gets a 6/10 from us lot. Beats the BBC News blanket coronation coverage though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boiling Point

You might need to either be a Londoner or well in with the hospitality industry to really appreciate this movie. At the start it's a slow tap, tap, tap but by the end it's more of a pummelling to the face. There is no spare meat in this, everyone involved is all in.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 08 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking I do indeed consider myself to be a Londoner.

Laughing

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 10 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vendetta: 3/10

Watched this thing on Netflix last night, Danny dyer movie. Take the Danny out of it and you got it! It was pretty dire.

Yet watchable. Full of the usual cliché's and "gansta" moments. It killed 90 odd minutes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 10 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest watching Severance as a palate cleanser before moving on Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 10 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Dyer does my turret in. Brick Wall

He's cut from the same annoying cloth as Jamie the irritatingly cheerful chef whose name escapes me.

I am still enamoured of the Ray Winstone / Vinnie Jones school of East End thug Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 10 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renfield 5/10
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11358390/?

Nick Cage gives us his version of Dracula.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 10 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I suggest watching Severance as a palate cleanser before moving on Smile

Fantastic movie, fkin hillarous in places.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:16 - 11 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Renfield 5/10

Care to elaborate? The general reaction to the trailer has been "Cage as Drac?! Sign me up!"

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:41 - 11 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:
Renfield 5/10

Care to elaborate? The general reaction to the trailer has been "Cage as Drac?! Sign me up!"

It is a good Cage film. Worth watching if you like him as an actor. It is goofier than I expected but entertaining.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 11 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

ridiculously over the top cgi, female lead is butt ugly, Cage seemed to enjoy himself though and was fun to watch.
only on for hour n half so not too hard to sit through.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 13 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody with Bob Odenkirk (2021)
Excellent beat-em-up flick: Bob vs Russian mafia, fab 9/10.

I'm a bit of a Bob fangirl, tbh.
Its good to see him take on a role like this after Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad.
Nice little cameo from Christopher Lloyd too Wub

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 14 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Its good to see him take on a role like this after Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad.

You might like the director's first effort - Hardcore Henry - which features Sharlto Copley serving some excellent ham Smile

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:45 - 16 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

You might like the director's first effort - Hardcore Henry - which features Sharlto Copley serving some excellent ham Smile

I was heavily into Call of Duty when this film came out so yep fully geeked out. Especially the sniper/ghillie suit bit. Under-rated gem.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 17 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Mate I am going to watch this tonight now Laughing

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 17 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
hellkat wrote:

Love that movie. The director also has a band that has some awesome music videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgox84KE7iY

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:55 - 23 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Dead Rise - 5/10. Impressive amount of tomato ketchup used.

Could've used a lighter tone/took itself too seriously. Not a patch on 'Army of Darkness'... or the Ash v Evil Dead TV series.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:41 - 24 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antman Quantumthingimibob 4/10

If superhero movies are your thing then you'll probably agree that Marvel lost its way somewhat after Endgame. The latest offering I saw is more confirmation of it.

Visually it looked good to the point where it must have all been shot in a green screen room. Storyline was the same old bollocks rehashed. The bad guy destroys worlds and wants to escape his prison to destroy more worlds. Only this time the words and universes are sub atomic instead of galactic.

Yawn fest. Gave it 4 because it looked pretty

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:07 - 24 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backdraft.

I wasn't particularly interested in watching it but did so because there wasn't much else in my list I would have prefered watching over it.

But in the end, I quite enjoyed it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:28 - 31 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Popes Exorcist. 7/10.

Alright but would've been 5/10 without Russell Crowe. Worth a watch for that alone. A lot of scenes lifted straight out of that other popular exorcism film called....

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Mate I am going to watch this tonight now Laughing

Watched Hardcore Henry, it was actually pretty good I give it a solid 7/10.

It wasn't as good as the other film that I watched recently Boss Level which comes in at 8/10.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:05 - 02 Jun 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:
Backdraft

It was covered by a movie podcast I listened to a few months back. I remember the marketing for Backdraft from when I was a kid, it was HUUUGE. TV spots, paper ads, side of bus adverts etc. I watched it and it was decent enough, but a touch predictable and not quite as good as the marketing made it out to be in 1991.

A similar movie I watched recently was 'Cliffhanger'. I've always avoided it because I'm not big into climbing and that, but actually it pleasantly surprised me. Both these movies are of a theme I think.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 188 of 194