Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


God of War III

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 02 Mar 2010    Post subject: God of War III Reply with quote

Anyone played the demo of this yet? Got it yesterday and it's the absolute tits IMO.

The amount of blood is just sickening, Laughing.

Best bit has to be ripping out the Cyclops eye, and then tearing off Helios' head Twisted Evil.

Considering the demo says it was representative of a June '09 build it looks pretty damn good already, obviously needs some polish but they've had plenty of time for that. Think I shall be making a purchase when this gets released.

Thumbs Up
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

snomag
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:25 - 02 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish gow3 would come on any other platforms too. I loved the second one on ps2, but I'm not going to buy a PS3 just for one game.

I've seen some gameplay videos and it just looks awesome. More brutal then the previous ones, which's surprising Very Happy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 02 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea why, but reading this thread made me find this in google images:

https://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/cod01.jpg

Anyway, as you were. Laughing
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Aka Matt
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 02 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded the demo a few months ago (got a download code from scee) and was really impressed though the camera angle can get annoying at times.
____________________
Current bike(s): 2016 Tuono 1100 Factory, 1998 Hornet 600
Previous: 1998 YZF600R Thundercat, 2001 Bandit 600, 2002 GSX-R 600 K2, 2011 Tuono R, 2013 Z1000SX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:02 - 03 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want.

But would need a ps3 first. Which would require a job... Thinking
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:48 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one was amazing. Second was still amazing (nto as good as the first) and the third makes me cream.


And Hammy, that's nothing.

You cna get a business dude with 2 suitcases, a cow with milk bottles, a diver with flippers Laughing

Loads of costumes, but only after you complete the game and/or do certain challenges.
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:15 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many games Laughing

Star trek online is keeping me busy I still have Final Fantasy 7/9 on the go, mass effect 1 too, I haven't even un wrapped mass effect 2, FF13 and God of War are out and I still haven't finished Ass Creed 2.


I should stop going out. Laughing
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:28 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard from a friend FF13 is shit.

Sad

I blame the fact it got released on the shitsixty.
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:40 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:


I blame the fact it got released on the shitsixty.


lol

I have all the consoles and the 360 is the better one, sorry to beak the news but it is. This is not down to the hardware its down to the experience, as well as the games but the exclusive titles dont make it a good enough argument.

Better online
Better support
Better interface
Easier to create match's with "friends"

on the better support bit 360 gets its COD mappack at the end of the month and PS3 has no time down as yet.

If sony would revamp the dashboard and offer a paid service the maybe they would start box shifting but that wont happen soon.

all my own opinion, I used to think the Ps3 was the better until I paid for gold 360 and I can see why you pay for it. The Ps dashboard must be a massive cost overhead for sony to swallow.

So why should they develop it?
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:37 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neorion wrote:

lol

I have all the consoles and the 360 is the better one, sorry to beak the news but it is. This is not down to the hardware its down to the experience, as well as the games but the exclusive titles dont make it a good enough argument.

Better online
Better support
Better interface
Easier to create match's with "friends"

on the better support bit 360 gets its COD mappack at the end of the month and PS3 has no time down as yet.

If sony would revamp the dashboard and offer a paid service the maybe they would start box shifting but that wont happen soon.

all my own opinion, I used to think the Ps3 was the better until I paid for gold 360 and I can see why you pay for it. The Ps dashboard must be a massive cost overhead for sony to swallow.

So why should they develop it?


I was actually taking the piss. But I prefer the PS3 because of the exclusive games (GoW and GT are pretty much my favourite games) Down to personal preference tbh.

Also, if I paid for online service it'd better be better! So no surprises there Wink

Also, never had any difficulty creating a match with friends? Play game, invite friends. Voila!

Down to personal preference Wink
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:00 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neorion wrote:



If sony would revamp the dashboard and offer a paid service the maybe they would start box shifting but that wont happen soon.

all my own opinion, I used to think the Ps3 was the better until I paid for gold 360 and I can see why you pay for it. The Ps dashboard must be a massive cost overhead for sony to swallow.



Dont really agree with the online thing.

Never had any problems playing online on my PS3 with any game, even BC2 seems to have less hassle on the PS than the 360 is having, and it's free.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blackwolf
Burgerfist



Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah see I have both, I prefer the PS3
I can't stand the winey kids on the 360. Take COD for example, if they lose they cry, moan or what ever, when playing do all this jumpy and lying down around shit.

They actually care about thier KD ratio say...


Yet to find someone like that on the PS we all just charge in die, laugh carry on. None of this screaming crap, blameing the Box, controler, batteries, cheating, "OMG how they do that they couldnt even see me" or some other excuse.

Its all rather halerous(sp) listening to 4 year olds and then even up to 25+ year olds complain and get stressed about a game.
____________________
Current: Ducati Multistrada 1200s
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:14 - 12 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackwolf wrote:


Its all rather halerous(sp) listening to 4 year olds and then even up to 25+ year olds complain and get stressed about a game.


Shocked

Epic.

And for me, the Xbox controllers are just horrible. That's my only complaint. I suffered them for Halo 1 + 2, then gave up.

Now god of war just seals the deal.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:49 - 13 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah see Bonny, big mistake.

It's all about Halo on the PC. Plus you can get Halo Custom Edition which by far is probably the bets Halo (for online play)

IT's the original Halo engine, but you can play user created maps, vehicles, weapons, NPCs (some you are a Spartan, some you're an Elite, some your other things)

Hell, there's one map where it's 2 tiny castles and you fight with swords and instead of grenades you throw rocks Laughing

Oh and watched the Island? Remember that WASP vehicle? THE flying bike thing? Well there's a couple of maps with them. And they're cool.

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7679806578001255265&ei=prKbS4fvOtST-Aa3wJSZDQ&q=Halo+CE+%28custom+Edition%29#

A video I made ages ago.

Oh, it's free too Thumbs Up (if you have Halo for the PC)

There's load and loads of stuff. Some shit stuff some good stuff.



Kinda want to play it now Laughing
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:57 - 14 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have both the 360 used to be the best choice because the PS3 had shit realeases. Once the PS3 got a better catalogue of games it became far superior. IMO you can hardly tell them apart from the games now it seems like 80% of new releases are out on both.

The PS3 has the stranger hardware and when you buy the console you get everything unlike the 360.

Want to play games online £45 a year
Want re-chargerable controllers £15 per controller
Want to connect to your wireless network £60

It I had to get rid of one it would be the 360 - no contest.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:11 - 14 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:


It's all about Halo on the PC. Plus you can get Halo Custom Edition which by far is probably the bets Halo (for online play)


The day I spank loads of money into a gaming pc is the day I get tit fucked by Kelly Brooke.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:08 - 15 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny wrote:

The day I spank loads of money into a gaming pc is the day I get tit fucked by Kelly Brooke.


You need next to nothing to play the original Halo...

Hell my PC couldn't run games like Oblivion and FEAR in the lowest settings (frame rate dropped too low) but it played Halo brilliantly.


I don't and never never will have a gaming PC unless I become rich. (which is unlikely!)

Seriously, nothing good needed for the game.
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:17 - 24 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who's got it?

I feel so empty not having a PS3 right now Sad
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:25 - 29 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me, Shocked.

Picked this up today, and it is quite simply astonishing. The graphics are absolutely unbelievable, by far and away the best looking game I've ever seen on any system.

Anyway, the spectacle in this game is on another level. Within 5 minutes your fighting a screen filling Poseidon sat atop a Titan's head, Very Happy. Just managed to defeat Hades, think I'm gonna need a new pad after this, there's a serious amount of button mashing going on, Laughing.

What a game, I highly recommend.

Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 08 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play it on a hard mode the button bashing goes down to how to use the buttons and combo's properly Wink
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:42 - 31 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought and finished this last week, what a game!! Red Dead eat your heart out!

Stunning!!!
____________________
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:45 - 31 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a PS3 Sad
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:06 - 31 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobW1983 wrote:
Fuck me, Shocked.

Picked this up today, and it is quite simply astonishing. The graphics are absolutely unbelievable, by far and away the best looking game I've ever seen on any system.

Anyway, the spectacle in this game is on another level. Within 5 minutes your fighting a screen filling Poseidon sat atop a Titan's head, Very Happy. Just managed to defeat Hades, think I'm gonna need a new pad after this, there's a serious amount of button mashing going on, Laughing.

What a game, I highly recommend.

Thumbs Up


I didn't think it looked that good, FF13 is better looking IMO.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Neorion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 31 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol winner with the old thread Laughing Razz
____________________
VFR FI 2000- Shiney Red Thing
"some things man was never meant to know, for everything else there's Google"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 38 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.39 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 138.26 Kb