Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Thieving blighters!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Chuck100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 12 Nov 2003    Post subject: Thieving blighters! Reply with quote

All,

A cry for help from faraway lands....

I bought a 1999 NSR125 a few months ago here in the caribbean, thinking I would be safe from the type of bike crime we get back home in Blighty. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

Some evil wrongdoers decided they wanted the battery from my bike (they're quite difficult to buy on the island, so it's not that surprising), so they snapped the front portion of the rear right fairing (the bit that covers the rear brake fluid reservoir), snapped the prong at the front of the seat that holds it under the tank, then ripped out the battery and cut a few wires.

Now, back home this wouldn't present too much of a problem because I would just take it to a Honda (or other) garage. Unfortunately mine is the only NSR125 on the island, and there is no garage to fix the bike.

I'm going to try and track down the bits I need in the UK and have them shipped over, the only problem is that without a reference bike (and no, I didn't get any manuals with it) I have no idea what the thieves actually took. I mean, is there a fuse box in there, relays, switches anything like that? All I have left is a square space where the battery used to be, a rubber strap to hold it in, and about 7 wires that have all been cut.

Could someone either send me or post pictures of what should be in that area, then I can compare to what I've actually got, and then decide what I need to get.

If possible I'd like to avoid buying a whole new loom, but if you guys think it necessary, then I guess I'll have to (although I'll probably come back looking for help on replacing it!).

I appreciate any and all offers of help, and I'll try and post some pictures over the next few days so you can see what's gone.

Regards,

Chuck. Crying or Very sad

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:51 - 12 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

There is a copy of the NSR manual floating around online somewhere. Best just to download that.

All the best

Keith

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:01 - 13 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.okas.co.uk/NSR%20Manual/

Good luck Smile

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 00:05 - 13 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats really unlucky!
hope you get it sorted.

just for a crappy battery too.

but 7 wires being cut?
they didnt have much brains if they wanted to steal it they only needed to cut 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GFK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:03 - 13 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste,

Am I right in thinking that's the repair manual for a 1993 NSR125R?

I've been trying to get hold of one for my 2001 NSR for over a year now - the best I've found is a workshop manual (the one with wiring diagrams etc) in which the text is mostly blurred and unreadable.

Would a lot of the 1993 NSR Haynes manual apply to a 2001 bike to justify getting it? (i.e. would it actually be any use?)

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 11:15 - 13 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck you poor thing!

It must be so frustrating for you. Best of luck getting the parts you need - sorry for not being much help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Racer X
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:06 - 13 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please specify where in the caribbean you live?
I'm in St. Maarten and i can get contacts direct in France or the U.K. for NSR Parts.
I happen to own a 1997 model and whenever i need parts i am sure i can get them. I'm the only person on St. Maarten with a 1997 model, there's another one a 1992 unfaired verson (similiar to Scotty's) and two 150 NSR's. Not much of 'em down here but i have a microfiche for all NSR's from 1993 up to 2002.

Holla and let me know, i'm willing to help you.

Cheers.

Chuck100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 13 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the votes of support guys - and thanks for the link to the manual - muchly appreciated. It looks like they actually took a fair bit of stuff (maybe the starter relay, maybe the diode), but I haven't had a chance to look at the bike for a few days (too busy at work - grrr). Perhaps over the weekend, and I'll take some pictures too.

Racer X - thanks for offering to help. I'm actually in the Cayman Islands (Grand Cayman). I've heard that there might actually be one other NSR 125, but I've never seen it. What's on the microfiche that you have? Parts lists?

If I e-mailed you the photos I take, would you mind seeing if you can identify what's missing?

Cheers,

Chuck.

Racer X
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:08 - 13 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure mate!! Load up the pics on the forum or e-mail them and i'll hook you up!!

Cheers

tom rg 125
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:00 - 16 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

what little f*****s hope u get it sorted

Chuck100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 17 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support Tom, but I think it's unlikely they'll get caught. I live in hope though.

Racer - Sorry mate, the weekend got ahead of me and I didn't get 'round to taking any pictures. I'll try and do it this week sometime.

Rgds,

Chuck

Chuck100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 22 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so here's a photo of all the wires that have been left dangling in the compartment. No idea which ones are which.

Does anyone have any idea of what I need to get to get going again? There seem to be the following:

- three red wires (to the left of the picture)

- a black one (with the three red ones)

- two green wires (top middle)

- two green plugs (that seem to be a pair and fit together - should I just hook these two up?) in the middle

- Black and yellow wires comming off a connector at the bottom right of picture

- a fuse floating around (middle - left - not attached to anything)

- brown wires coming out of the main junction in the middle of the picture.

Help!

Rgds,

Chuck

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 23:03 - 22 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

my god that guy must have had garden shears let alone a a small scissor...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chuck100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 06:49 - 23 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they used the pliers/cutters from the bike's tool kit that was under the seat as all the tools were scattered around the bike when I found it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1