Wanted : 400cc

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 21:52 - 19 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilBendy wrote:
You can always lob Yams a few quid to ride it up a bit, giving you a shorter trip home.

but then, how do i get home? Laughing

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 21:58 - 19 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the train. Which he pays for.

Or you get a mate to ride up with you and cadge a lift home.

Rolling Eyes

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 21:58 - 19 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:14 - 19 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are making this sound so complicated! Its well simple! Cam, you get on the train to Yams place in Portsmouth, with your bike kit. You then buy the bike and ride it home. Jobs done

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 22:21 - 19 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i agree

bring bungee ties tho so you can get the road legal micron can and pillion seat etc etc home tho Wink

i'll happily take pictures of the can strapped to pillion seat as you race off down the road Smile

one1895
I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

PostPosted: 00:30 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to think about it. Wink

Craig - is the restrictor kit fitted already, or is it seperate? And if it isn't, do you think you could keep it that way (for now)? Twisted Evil

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 00:33 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

restrictor kit is not fitted, i have no plans what so ever to fit it cos it makes the bike run crappy and makes it go slow (lol wonder why that is?)

bike is much better @ full power!

certificate says its fitted thats all that matters.. and you can of course have the silly little washers as well.

but you gotta buy the bike first lol

when was it you wanted to look at her?? im in no "real" rush as i need a bit more cash befoe i can afford me neew bike..

one1895

PostPosted: 00:38 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen already she looks fiiine. Very Happy I obviously can't look at her for myself in the flesh due to the distance but I'll be deffo buying her in early december time like I said in email? Smile

Oh yeah remember to get me them fairing damage pics.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 00:48 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

yip i'll try and get the pics by the weekend, you might have to make do with dodgy quality night time pics in my garage, as its difficult to get any daylight hours in these days, except for weekends!

see what I can do Wink

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 00:54 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I'm studying motorcycle mechanics at college, and Tuesday we were doing Inspection technqiues for MOT and stuff, so I volunteered to get my bike thoroughly checked over to find anything wrong with it so I could get fixed, as I knew i was selling it so thought id get it fully serviced up...

well we found about 3 things wrong with it that would fail an MOT Twisted Evil can you say "full micron system"? hehehehe other was non e-marked indicators (FFS the packet said they were legal! they is motrax ones) and one of the headlight bulbs has died, so that'll get changed weekend

p.s. im a mechanics student, doesnt make me a good mechanic Laughing I still pay someone to do my service stuff on the bike Embarassed Embarassed soon i'll be able to do it all myself tho Twisted Evil

one1895

PostPosted: 01:06 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah your signature on 400greybike made me worry a bit:

"If it aint' broke, don't let me near it because it will be in a minute."

Shocked Laughing

Well I've made my final decision, and bought the £150 delivery service. Smile You better bubble wrap it dude. Razz

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 01:09 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

youve BOUGHT the delivery service? feckin ell mate you not even seen the bike yet, lol I dont want you to be dissapointed/pissed off if its not what you was after!! (im sure you wont be tho)

my sig on greybike is funny aint it lol, that generally applies to computers and electronic equipment or when i decide to fit braided brake lines myself, find out i cant bleed them, ring my mate up and get him round to fit them properly for me hahahahaa

so what are you looking to do then?? you not coming to view at all?

cheers... let me know when you wanna pick it up, i should be ok for 1st/2nd week of decemeber as said in emails..

ta

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 01:11 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. i'll make sure to get all these pics of the fairing damage ASAP then..

ive got the advert somewhere that was going around advertising the fairings for sale as well, you can see how the bastid ripped me off, i paid £500 for them fairings! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

one1895

PostPosted: 01:25 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Nevermind, it looks nice anyhows. As long as no wheels or anything fall off when I'm riding it then I can't blame ya. Wink

I think I can tell them to deliver it when I want seen as I have bought it.. 2/3 weeks time won't be much trouble for them I don't think.

There's no way I can treck 300 miles down to you just to have a look at it I can only really buy it. So yeah I'm sure it'll be alright. Very Happy Would you rather it was picked up during the week or weekend?

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 01:31 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

weekend will prob be better m8. but i will need definete dates as im working saturdays at the min.

Obviously i'll need the full £1850 cleared before you can have the bike collected tho! 5 days for cheques to clear..

Wheels falling off, pah! lol.. Saturday just gone I had them down the garage and had them laser aligned, wow what a difference!

oh i forgot, its got a 50 mile old gold side plate DID X ring gold chain with renthal 14/47 sprockets, just so you know lol .. lots and lots of acceleration but only about 125/130mph top end.. heheheh but the acceleration. i reckon it'll wheely in 2nd but i aint got the guts to try it hahaha so much fun

one1895

PostPosted: 01:44 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a tasty bike indeed. Very Happy

You ever used paypal? That'd probably be a more easier and faster way than using a cheque? My accounts already set up on there and as far as I know you don't have to have an account to receive. - Can anyone shed some more light on paypal?

Yep weekends fine, ah well it's up to you. Bedtime! Mr. Green

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 01:47 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you pay pal that much money?? £1850? hmmm..

i wouldnt trust online payment for that much money, it'd have to be a cheque im afraid. the good old fashioned way Laughing Wink

we can sort that out in a bit when your 100% ready to buy, prob sort it out in a week or so.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 11:02 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a suggestion - Yams - give him your bank details so he can shift it via online/telephone banking direct transfer. No post to wait for and it'll clear in 3 days.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 11:49 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea mcJam, cheers

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 16:36 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

one1895 wrote:
Hmm.. very tempting yams, that's a hella nice bike. 90miles to portsmouth though. Rolling Eyes
Is there a reason for selling the bike? Or is there anything wrong with it? Wink And would you settle for £1,750 if I paid for carriage etc?

Cam Smile

You're moaning about 90 miles!! I got my 2nd CBR from Portsmouth - I made my Dad drive with Keith's trailor all the way from Stafford! - Now that's a long way at 60mph. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:38 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I went 150 miles to pick my minimoto up, and rode back with it strapped to the back of my bike along with lots of other stuff. £150 to take a bike 90 miles? Not a bad little earner Smile

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 17:37 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, he made a mistake hes about as far from me as you can get on mainland uk!

He's in Hull im in Portsmouth

Someone in the office told me hull was way up north some where Rolling Eyes I've not really got a clue but as far as I know its a hella long way from him to me.

I might have to go to sheffield for my new bike Rolling Eyes I don't even know where that is. Laughing

one1895

PostPosted: 18:48 - 20 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong with the 90 miles - it wasn't the portsmouth in west yorkshire I thought it was, it was actually 275 miles. Rolling Eyes

Oh and Sheffield's sorta near Hull up here. Wink

one1895

PostPosted: 04:17 - 21 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Craig dya wanna tell me about the crash you had on it. Confused

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 04:40 - 21 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey yamsperson you come to sheffield and i might buy you a pint solely on the basis of your BCF membership Smile.

Also, and this point is a bit more on topic, after I do my test which should be sooner rather than later, I'll be looking round various 400's to see what i like best. On looks alone, i like the RVF at the minute.

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3