Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Enfield Test Centre

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Muscle Bike Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:04 - 21 Oct 2010    Post subject: Enfield Test Centre Reply with quote

Well I think this will be where I will be sitting my test, has anyone done theirs here, are there any catch you out areas on the route, 60mph limit not signed etc? also is the mod 1 area good and grippy. Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to get as much of the basics stuck in my head dailey so I dont put loads of pressure on myself with nerves.....loll

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 21 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my Mod 1 there and it is pretty grippy.

The examiner is very easy going, don't forget your life savers after each time you are going to move off.

It is a big area and I did have a few rides around it for the lady who was doing her test there. Big long roads, very quiet, but some abut 40 and maybe even 50. Generally Enfield roads are quite spacious so not much to worry about.

Keep an eye on traffic lights though. If it is quiet, then you can get caught out because it can be quite empty at times. So make sure your speed is right.

JonnyFoxtrot
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:53 - 21 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its where I failed once and passed the second. Failed the first time on the infamous stop sign. There's also a couple of other things:

1) There is a stop sign at the end of Scotland Green road, the junction which you turn left into South Street. You MUST STOP here, do not slow down to a crawl (like I did Razz)

2) There are a few bus lanes with time restrictions down Hertford road - you must use them when the restrictions are not in force and vice versa.

3) There is a 20 mph speed limit on the routes - sorry, I can't remember the exact locations but I do remember speed bumps in the road where the speed restriction is.

4) There are a couple of roundabouts that go straight from 40 to 30 once you come off them, keep your eyes peeled and if in doubt slow down a bit till you get a good indication of speed enforcement (i.e street lamps, speed reminders, main speed signs).

A couple of my own there and a couple off another thread.

HTH Thumbs Up

Muscle Bike Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 21 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Middle Finger Thumbs Up

SweenyT
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:03 - 22 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my Mod2 there (Mod1 in Erith). I was told that all the Mod 1 sites have a really good surfaces and are good and grippy. I did see someone do a skid on the emergency stop though at Enfield in the pouring rain when my instructor took us up there.

It's an okay area for the Mod2, loads of 40mph dual carriageways etc oh and Jon was right be careful of the stop sign at Scotland Green Road, the road marking is slightly faded, also there is a wide road which is one way that you might go down - you MUST position yourself correctly on it when turning. An examiner failed the guy before me for not being over far enough when turning right out of that road. Sorry but I don't know which road it was cause I didn't go that way.

A lot of the side roads are 20mph especially the ones that come off the road that leads to Ponders End (can't remember the name but you turn right at roundabout into it if coming from the test centre) so check when turning into them or if not able to then check the street lamps etc. Also you can check the bus restriction times before you do your test once you know the time of your test......

My Mod1 examiner at Erith does the tests at Enfield in the afternoon and he cracks jokes etc to relax you. My Mod2 examiner also cracked a few on the test when I started tensing up, he also made me do a move which I'm sure wasn't strictly on the level but meant we got out of traffic.....

Good luck and safe riding

thewrightone
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:25 - 26 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just passed mod2 at Enfield on my second attempt.

The one way street is Greenfield Street and you turn right onto Sewardstone Street. It is no wider than any of the other streets nearby - and I missed the one way signs due to the congestion of parked cars around - but the giveaway is all the cars on both sides facing the same direction.

As you near the junction the road then flares out really wide and you will notice the double dotted give way lines stretch right across the street. When you spot this, make sure to move to the far right.

Only other minor thing I got caught out on were a couple of instances where I indicated a little too soon after the instruction and so rode past a side street (close to the junction I was meant to turn at) with the indicator on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SweenyT
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:05 - 28 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on passing!

Thumbs Up

Safe riding.

sauce81
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:26 - 08 Jun 2011    Post subject: 2 fail's Reply with quote

does anyone know what the road is called that has a short bus stop lane. i failed on monday. he told me to turn right at the mini roundabout then take my next left. which was a bus stop road. my nerves where all over the place. just want to find out whar the road was called

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 09 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see how you could miss the Scotland Green Road stop sign (see attached pic).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

monster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:40 - 22 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive my module 2 test at enfield in a couple of weeks. eek. Dont know the area in the slightest. Might be better that way.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 22 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

monster wrote:
Ive my module 2 test at enfield in a couple of weeks. eek. Dont know the area in the slightest. Might be better that way.

I've lived in Enfield for about 40 years, I can't really think of any nasty 'gotchyas'. Doesn't mean there aren't any mind. Enfield's technically a London borough but really it's more like a small town traffic wise. There are a few one-way systems but all obvious, the bus lanes AREN'T open to bikes when in operation, so watch out for the blue bus lane 'hours of operation' signs.

Muscle Bike Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 22 Jun 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry about it mate, I passed mine there with no drama shortly after starting this thread, first time riding around the area and I enjoyed it to be honest. I found you concentrate more not knowing the area as your really reading the road and signs due to not being familiar with the area, found the examiner I had to be a relaxed reasonable guy. Good luck I'm sure you will be fine.

monster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:33 - 01 Jul 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one on passing. Mod2 is being put on hold for now, i have torn ligaments in my knee, rubbish!
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 4 years, 41 days between these two posts...

a2amali
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:16 - 10 Aug 2015    Post subject: Re: 2 fail's Reply with quote

sauce81 wrote:
does anyone know what the road is called that has a short bus stop lane. i failed on monday. he told me to turn right at the mini roundabout then take my next left. which was a bus stop road. my nerves where all over the place. just want to find out whar the road was called

I have seen that sign.

Its a completely faded stop sign with a light on it, but underneath its also got a square sign "Except Busses".

According to my instructor a lot of people have failed on that faded sign. I dont know the road name.

I have my test in two weeks. It would be great to know that road name.

a2amali
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:40 - 10 Aug 2015    Post subject: Enfield MOD2 test Prep Reply with quote

Hello I am preparing for MOD 2 test in Enfield. Got my test in 2 weeks time.

I have read the advice on this forum but the messages are really old. Anyone got fresh advice?

sreejith
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:56 - 05 Sep 2015    Post subject: Re:Mod 2 enfield Reply with quote

Hey guys . I have my mod 2 next Saturday at enfield . . Can someone please provide some things to be aware of?
I have been reading the posts and some good ones with the stop sign at Scotland road . Has anyone had their tests recently ?
Thanks in advance .

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 06 Sep 2015    Post subject: Re:Mod 2 enfield Reply with quote

sreejith wrote:
Hey guys . I have my mod 2 next Saturday at enfield . . Can someone please provide some things to be aware of?
I have been reading the posts and some good ones with the stop sign at Scotland road . Has anyone had their tests recently ?
Thanks in advance .

Can't help with location stuff but best way to ensure you don't fall foul of any stop signs is to glance at the road ending as you come to slow / stop

solid line = stop, stop = put a foot down and take a good look around.

the reason for most stop signs is because there is an additional hazard on top of the junction that you may not see until you're at the junction.

don't panic too much, just stop and have a good look around before checking things are clear and setting off.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 06 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing particularly wierd around Enfield that I can think of. Obviously there's the famous stop sign, and part-time bus lanes to be aware of, but then if you don't read the road signs frankly you deserve to fail.

I can think of a few speed limit 'issues'

If you find yourself heading down Nags head road which is very obviously a 30mph limit, you come to a set of lights by a church. Past the light the road becomes a dual carriagway and feels like it should be a 40mph limit. It isn't, it is 30mph right up to the big roundabout.

The A10 is 40mph, except for a brief stretch between the M25 and north to Waltham Abbey where it's 50mph. Needless to say everyone ignores the limits, so don't be tempted yourself.

Also I think there's a back way out of the test centre through the business park where the limit is 20mph.

sreejith
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:13 - 08 Sep 2015    Post subject: Re:Mod 2 enfield Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys. I did go to the infamous Stop Sign and actually the board doesn't exist anymore. Its just a sign drawn on the road. So thanks for the input.
Once you pass the stop sign and pass the super market on the left, there is a side road. The actual speed is 20 but there are no speed limit signs until you go about 100m further.
The one from Nags road thats right too.
Cheers guys

sreejith
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:23 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: MOD 2 : ENFIELD 20MPH BEWARE Reply with quote

Right guys did my mod 2 at enfield and unfortunately I failed because of an idiotic driver!! atleast the route no 38.. for someone taking their tests there.. From the test centre> right onto the roundabout( 20mph), first exit(40mph), ahead at the signal (speed down to 30) keep going straight on bullsmore lane where you would come to a signal formed by the A10> keep going straing(30mph), at the next roundabout take the second exit(20mph) and changes to 40 mph in between and drops to 20mph when nearing the school > leading to a roundabout> first exit(30mph), all the way leading to the A10>left at the signal and right at the next signal> leading to a hill(hill stop probably), 30mph road, keep going straight back to mollison avenue(40mph)> leading to a roundabout( the one next to the test centre) take the first exit> right at the lights( innova park (20mph,) leading to roundabout, 1st exit going all the way back around leading to a mini roundabout (3rd exit)> leading to roundabout(1st exit),back to the test centre(20mph)- End of test.
Hope it helps some one else..

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:26 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't need to know the area or the test routes to be able to pass.

Stop wasting time trying to learn the test routes. Thumbs Up

sreejith
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:37 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Re:Mod 2 enfield Reply with quote

yeah you shouldn't , but even the best driver misses a sign or two .. and its a test where you spend a substantial amount of money so its good if you pass the first time and to keep in mind.. you may be lucky if you get the same route.. Knowledge sharing is never a waste of time.. Ignorance is bliss.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:26 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you can only ride safely on roads that you've studied before hand?

Most people don't pass on their first attempt.

sreejith
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:39 - 13 Sep 2015    Post subject: Re:Mod 2 enfield Reply with quote

No but that safe riding is going to get you your licence(on the big day).. once you get the licence you can hone your skills without needing to spend £200, for 30 minutes every time you made a small mistake..

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:11 - 14 Sep 2015    Post subject: Re: MOD 2 : ENFIELD 20MPH BEWARE Reply with quote

sreejith wrote:
I failed because of an idiotic driver!!

Your reaction to them, or their reaction to you?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 199 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2