Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Enduro near Plymouth

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

HD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 25 Oct 2010    Post subject: Enduro near Plymouth Reply with quote

Okay, so next Sunday, my best mate and his dad are doing an enduro at near Moreleigh. I am going to be the 'pit man' (Laughing) and just doing fill ups, helping with kit etc.

Apparently it is like 5 mile laps and my mates dad said that if he gets knackered I could have a go.

My mate also said that he isn't gonna race it so he will stay with me and we will help each other out. He will be on a rmz250 and his dad/me on a wrf250.

I think I could handle the power as I used to ride an rm125 and I was fine with that and apparently the wrf is very mellow.

I quitted motocross because I didnt like steep uphills and jumps at all.

So just wondering if anyone has done this enduro and could tell me what the track is like. My mate isnt sure but he said there are some woods and fields that you can scream the bike across. Would love those two bits but just wondering if there are gonna be any hills or jumps. I reckon I could handle the rest. I mean I will probably only getting a go for what, 1 or 2 at the most laps. Endurance, I dont think, will be an issue.

Also, my mates dad said when he has been green laning before they have had to ride over rocks on hills and stuff. Not too keen on that though. Rivers shouldn't be a problem.

So the main questions are do you think Ill be alright on the bike? Are there any hills/jumps/rocks? Have you ridden/seen the course?

Any comments will be appreciated, thanks Mr. Green Thumbs Up
____________________
Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:16 - 25 Oct 2010    Post subject: Re: Enduro near Plymouth Reply with quote

I haven't. However, done a variety of different enduros.
Expect there to be some steep hills. May well be some jumps, but you aren't expected to jump them generally.
May well be some rocky ascents too.
If you haven't been riding dirt bikes off road much, you might be surprised how knackering it can be! However, there's nothing forcing you to do more laps and there's also no problem taking a breather mid-lap if you find somewhere with a bit of space to stop.

Note that even if you found a video of a previous event at this location, they will often vary the route between events, so you can't be sure of what you'll get until you get there!

If you're conformable with a RM125 you should be fine on an enduro bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

HD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:13 - 25 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can just turn up and if I want to go, do it then if not ima be the pit bitch anyway Laughing

And with the track, I can just ask what they reckon the track is like. With jumps, I guess I can just roll them or whatever. I will take it as it comes.

Thanks for the advice Mr. Green
____________________
Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

reggie
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:58 - 25 Oct 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

my frends going ther this week i think
____________________
when the shit hits the fan make sure its facing the other way.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 349 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.8 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 40.77 Kb