Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

scottoiler on aprilia rs125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

bktan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:59 - 28 Nov 2003    Post subject: scottoiler on aprilia rs125 Reply with quote

hi has anyone installed this on an RS?

read the instructions and was told to DRILL ?!! a hole in the carb, that doesn't sound like an easy job for a day to day DIY-er like moi.

is there an easier way? or a cheaper auto chain lube product in the market?

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 03:16 - 28 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the carb, the inlet rubber. The scottoiler needs a vacum to operate... I had one on my NSR, just plonked a hole straight in and ran the hose from that, worked fine.

bktan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 04:09 - 28 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did u drill the inlet rubber..?? from the scottoiler's website my carb looks like this

https://www.scottoiler.com/resources/files/5_M_CLASSICS_wee.gif

and according to them, i should be drilling the carb instead cos the inlet rubber is too short/small, not enuff space to fit the spigot

is ur nsr125 inlet rubber that small too?

this is a schematic of my bike's carb

https://www.aprilia.no/images/Catalogo/43226876.gif

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 08:16 - 28 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

bktan wrote:
This is a schematic of my bike's carb
No thats one of the barrel and reed valves.
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Milo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:30 - 28 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing against ya mate, but it's a funny image to me.

RS riders always going on about how they're faster, better looking and sportier...then someone comes along and bangs a scottyoiler on to it. heh heh

Good idea mate - especially going into winter!
though i didn't even know they needed a vacuum so i can't help you.
I know some bikes have a vacuum hose from the carb to open a fuel valve though...does the RS use one of those?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 12:21 - 28 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would go for putting a hole in the carb rubber to mount it. However I haven't seen the Scottoiler mounting kit for a 2 stroke.

Although it would be possible to drill a hole in the carb it is not something I would care to do by hand, rather better to use a vice to hold it and then use a piller drill.

All the best

Keith

bktan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 05:16 - 29 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

kev wrote:
bktan wrote:
This is a schematic of my bike's carb
No thats one of the barrel and reed valves.

oops ya ur right i meant to give this

https://www.aprilia.no/images/Catalogo/51035453.gif

the earlier one was the pic of the rubber mount on to the carb

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 11:30 - 29 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could try to make one of these home made oilers (I have no idea if they work or not):

https://ratbike.org/t_other.html wrote:
cheap auto chain oiler - use a model aircraft fuel tank, (or small moped 2 stroke oil tank) pipe to a car in line fuel filter (IMPORTANT) to a car fuel injector (mine is off an XR3i) wired to a switched live (and earth...). This goes to a aquarium air flow bubble adjuster (99p for two in petworld) to the chain like a scottoiler. When the bike is switched on, the fuel injector fires and allows oil to drip on the chain - when the bike is off, it stops the flow. Pure gravity only. Adjust for 1 drop every 30 seconds and use hypoid 75 /80 /90 oil. 25,000 miles so far on an X ring chain on a big bang TDM 850 with nitrous oxide. Usual zip ties / gaffa tape / red crimps apply Wink Mail me for further info if you want. [Guy - guy-ratbike@dewdney.co.uk - UK]

https://ratbike.org/t_other.html wrote:
Automatic chain oiler, Cheap and Easy. At first I had a mustard bottle inserted through a hole drilled into the chain guard. Now, I drilled a hole in a oil plug on the right side of the engine on my 78 CB750F. I tapped the hole for 1/8 in pipe thread and screwed in a valve so I can adjust the flow. After attaching plastic tubing to the valve, I routed the tubing to the bottom of the rear sprocket. I used a hose clamp to secure a peice of steel rod to the swingarm and bent it in position just over the chain next to the sproket and secured the tubing to the rod with zip strip wire ties. Now I can roll on with out ever worrying about the chain. Just have to check the oil a little more often. see pictures (alternatively, if you don't feel like drilling holes in your bike, why not get a LoobMan? -S.) [Mark <markriehle@bluegrass.net>]
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1