BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Orange Twix

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 16:04 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolate-wise the new mint Dairy Milk is gorgeous!

As for sweets, its got to be skittles or strawberry bon-bons! Razz

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 16:37 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
Has anyone tried those fruit winder things? wtf are they about? They're in with the breakfast stuff but they're just jelly sweets. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, ate far too many of 'em while I was working as a snack packer on the production at Kellogs this summer Rolling Eyes Laughing

They're actually suprisingly nice. I thought they were more marketed as a kiddies sweet than a breakfast bar though, even if they are made by Kellogs.

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 16:41 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilBendy wrote:
Rhubarb rock? Anyone seen that since about 1986?

Think you can still get that at Donny market. I usually go there to get white chocolate mice (they aren't the same as they used to be).
Did anyone ever try something called strange that may have been called dehydrated ice cream? (it was wrapped in a silver foil type wrapper and had a foamy type texture, like a dried out marshmallow).

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:43 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susi wrote:
Reese's cupcake thingiemajigs

Those are the absolute bollocks, and luckily every little newsie shop around Dennis Towers sells them. I don't know what it is about them but the filling turns to concrete in your stomach too. And then of course, there's the pinnacle of seasonal snackiness: Cheez Footballz Laughing Razz

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 16:45 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
Susi wrote:
Reese's cupcake thingiemajigs

Those are the absolute bollocks, and luckily every little newsie shop around Dennis Towers sells them. I don't know what it is about them but the filling turns to concrete in your stomach too. And then of course, there's the pinnacle of seasonal snackiness: Cheez Footballz Laughing Razz

They seem to be universally popular, even if by the time we get them they are all crushed and pitted Laughing .

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happened to Victory V's? They seem to have disappeared!

Cough Candy anyone?! Laughing

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 17:13 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
Whatever happened to Victory V's? They seem to have disappeared!

People developed a sense of taste. Next ones will probably be Lockets or Fishermans Friends which are both fairly foul.

All the best

Keith

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 17:22 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are fisherman's friends anyway? aren't they some kind of terminally strong mint?

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 18:23 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Re: Orange Twix Reply with quote

Why oh why did they have to bring out white maltesers just befor my weight loss?!!!!!!

Bendy wrote:
No, I'm not convinced. Confused

Why can't anyone come up with any new sweeties any more? They're just bringing out endless large versions, small versions, orange ones, mint ones. If it's in bits, let's make a bar. If it's a bar, let's make it in bits. Oooh, how about an ice cream version. Or a biscuit version...

If you worked for Cadburys / Nestle / Mars in the 'sweetie imagineering division' what would you invent?

Pyro
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

All your old favourite sweets to order

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 17:03 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:

Rhubarb rock? Anyone seen that since about 1986?

You can purchase vast quantities of Rhubarb and Custard sweeties from the local Asian Corner Shop (curiously named the "S and M Qwiki" Confused )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P_J
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:53 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:

Needless to say, it tasted like arse.
dav^^ wrote:

So then how often do you eat arse then?
Bendy wrote:

As often as you say something useful.

Laughing

I suggest the "Evolution" bar.

Over a set time period, the ingredients would change.

It would start with x% nuts, x% toffee pieces, x% raisins etc. Every two or three months, it would reduce the amount of nuts in it and have crunchy (cinnamon toffee) instead of nuts. When the nuts have gone, phase out the raisins and change them for ... erm, biscuit bits...

"Never the same bite twice" ... Who used that slogan before? I have definitely heard it somewhere else before Confused

PJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 18:56 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what gets me - the way they have started takin the much that collecs at the bottom of factories and marketing them as things like those crunchie 'nuggets' or dime fragments!

P_J
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:58 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsHippy wrote:
You know what gets me - the way they have started takin the much that collecs at the bottom of factories and marketing them as things like those crunchie 'nuggets' or dime fragments!

If you look closely, each and every pack has hairs and dust balls off the floor Smile

PJ

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 18:59 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolutoion the bar that is made of whatever we sweep off the floor at the time?

P_J wrote:
Bendy wrote:

Needless to say, it tasted like arse.
dav^^ wrote:

So then how often do you eat arse then?
Bendy wrote:

As often as you say something useful.

Laughing

I suggest the "Evolution" bar.

Over a set time period, the ingredients would change.

It would start with x% nuts, x% toffee pieces, x% raisins etc. Every two or three months, it would reduce the amount of nuts in it and have crunchy (cinnamon toffee) instead of nuts. When the nuts have gone, phase out the raisins and change them for ... erm, biscuit bits...

"Never the same bite twice" ... Who used that slogan before? I have definitely heard it somewhere else before Confused

PJ

P_J
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:01 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsHippy wrote:
Evolutoion the bar that is made of whatever we sweep off the floor at the time?

That wasn't the plan but I guess it would save on ingredients Smile

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 06 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone see that article in the paper, from the creators of 'friends reunited' they have started something about old penny sweets and people vote for their favourite, i believe in the lead are the marvellous 'Flying Saucers'... remember them?

Syfoon
TRUCK!!!

PostPosted: 16:36 - 06 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long shot here.

Anyone remember the "Irn Bru" chew bars from a few years back?

Tasted exactly like the drink, yet they were stupidly chewy. And because of this, the wrapping was almost impossible to take off.

Fan-bloody-tastic they were, but I can't seem to find them any more. Sad

Dr Nick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 06 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syfoon wrote:
Long shot here.

Anyone remember the "Irn Bru" chew bars from a few years back?

Tasted exactly like the drink, yet they were stupidly chewy. And because of this, the wrapping was almost impossible to take off.

Fan-bloody-tastic they were, but I can't seem to find them any more. Sad

https://www.aquarterof.co.uk/acatalog/Irn_Bru_Bar.html

Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 148 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2