Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Parking ticket - Little Hitlers!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Parking ticket - Little Hitlers!! Reply with quote

I have a scenario, can my ticket be contested.....

A mate had a car crash, was rushed to hospital in central London. I rode my bike up, parked up outside in a pay and display, went to go get some change, come back and had a ticket. On the ticket it gives a Parked From time and a Parked Until time. Mine said: From: 12.00 To: 12.00, they gave me less than 1 minute, outside the doors of a hospital!! What a joke... and its £50! To top it off, they said my tax disc was covered or unreadable, and its not, its perfectly readable, completely uncovered... oh what to do.... still havent paid it yet and this happened last week Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 15:23 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely try and contest it. How exactly are you supposed to go to the pay and display machine without parking first?

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this is it, im sure they were waiting for me, like a little vulture....! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Susi
Whitton Girl

PostPosted: 15:28 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't pay it and send it back with a letter of explanation to the issuing authority. Alternatively you could always email them since it's easier and quicker to do.

Personally I don't think they should have given you a ticket as they didn't even give you a chance to pay for the time you were going to be there for. Parking attendants aren't the nicest of people and the Westminster ones are even worse.

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking maybe I should pay the £50 and then contest it, as im worried that If I just contest it and fail, they will ask for the £100 as it hasnt been paid within the 14 days....

Susi
Whitton Girl

PostPosted: 15:30 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikec106 wrote:
well this is it, im sure they were waiting for me, like a little vulture....! Evil or Very Mad

They do wait! They're stupid little people in stupid little uniforms.

mikec106 wrote:
Im thinking maybe I should pay the £50 and then contest it, as im worried that If I just contest it and fail, they will ask for the £100 as it hasnt been paid within the 14 days....

Don't pay it you dummy, contest it! If you do they'll probably turn around and tell you to get lost saying that if you dished out the cash it was because you were in the wrong. And if by a stroke of luck they decide it was wrongly given to you, it'll take months for them to send you back the £50.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 15:50 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contest it immediately, cos it basically freezes the clock ticking on the 14 days.

One of mine, which I'm 5 months into, has reverted back to £50 even though all my previous appeals against it have been rejected. It was up to £200 at one point.

Check the website of whichever borough issued it, cos most have an email address that's just as valid as sending them a letter (the advantage being that you have a copy of what you said). Get a read receipt too.

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 16:15 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contest it mate. I'm sure the fact the idiot put 1200 to 1200 means they can't enforce it. They can't give you a picket while you go to pay.

Bendy why, dare I ask, are you having trouble appealing against one of your tickets?

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 16:23 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you contest it now and in 2 months time they decide that you have to pay anyway they will still only charge you the reduced £50 not the full £100 fine. So you may aswell contest it anyway. Whatever you do don't pay it then contest it! Very Happy

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 16:27 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:

Bendy why, dare I ask, are you having trouble appealing against one of your tickets?

Because Westminster are a bunch of 'tards.

I said I wasn't paying a ticket, on the normal grounds, and this time they rejected it, saying the attendant was so didn't see a permit on my bike, and was near enough to stick the ticket on the bike... blah blah.

So it moves on to a third party. I've put all my stuff together - lots of photos, previous emails, previous letters of cancellation and so on - sent it all off and we shall wait and see what happens. Rolling Eyes

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 17:07 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
sent it all off and we shall wait and see what happens. Rolling Eyes

If nothing happens i heard a mail bomb works quite well...

djr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty wrote:
Bendy wrote:
sent it all off and we shall wait and see what happens. Rolling Eyes

If nothing happens i heard a mail bomb works quite well...
my linux friend has one of those, can shut down a hotmail account in the space of 30 seconds he reakons (that's not really all that hard to be honest but for me, a poor dial up user)

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 17:41 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no, i meant quite litterally a small bomb in the post Very Happy

Probably would have worked with all the agencie people going through and passing on the mail when they where on strike...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:56 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contest it. If not just for the reasons Zim says Very Happy However remember that they might be wanting £50 off you in a few months time Sad

XS1954
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:58 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a legal point of view I dont think they can do a great deal because the ticket was completed incorrectly by the Traffic Warden. Any legal document has to be completed correctly in order for it to remain legal. having said that London is weird but in little old Hull I know you would get away with that!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1