NS125 Engine

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

malc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 04 Dec 2003    Post subject: NS125 Engine Reply with quote

Hi
Has anyone got an old NS125 engine they want to sell? I want to experiment with one but not destroy my bike... Would also like a spare carb if its at a reasonable price.
Cheers
Malc
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

malc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 17 Dec 2003    Post subject: Carb found no engine.. Reply with quote

Hi all,
I've located a carb for a £5.. just needs a clean up.. Still no sign of an old NS125 engine... Nobody got one in the garage?.. or in a written off bike?
Cheers
Malc
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

malc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:44 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Nobody had one.. Reply with quote

Well, seems like nobody had an engine for sale so I bought another old NS thru e-bay... collecting today so ifanyone needs any spares let em know as I will have some.. I already have forks and wheels, disk, yokes, speedo drive, calipers, etc..

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 10:25 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOuld this ns have the tail filletthat fots between the light and the back of the seat?

If so I may have a mate thats interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

malc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:41 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Tail bit Reply with quote

Hi Hex
The NS has the extended one to make it a single seater which I may put on my bike.. depends on what condition its in... I'll let you know when I have collecte dthe bike.. It is planned for tonight but a few of the extra bits I will only get in the new year..

I'll put a note here when I know what is on the bike.. and what I don't need.
Cheers

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:21 - 04 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

NS engine on Ebay:-

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451480804&category=10460

All the best

Keith

malc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 04 Jan 2004    Post subject: ns engine Reply with quote

Hi Keith
Thanks for letting me know.. I see it is at £112 alreday.. not bad going.

I have bought another ns125 for £175 so I have a spare engine now but still interested at the right price.

Also picked up an MSR rolling chassis so may rebuild that too..
Cheers

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:31 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

That has gone up quick. It was only £80 when I posted the link (and I thought that was a tad steep).

All the best

Keith

malc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 08:48 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: up and up Reply with quote

Hi Keith
Its now £132 so nor worth biding on... my whole bike at £175 is a much better buy and I will look out for another accident case or spare engine but at a realistic price..

People on e-bay sometimes get really carried away!!

Cheers

exxon-jen
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi malc

if u happen to end up with an half decent exhaust pipe, standard or not, which u dont need, please can u give me a shout because its the final major part that we need to get our fully rebuilt and restored ns125r on the road (at long last!)

We've spent far too much on it already, and just for the sake of my husband passing his test i begrudge having to pay for a new pipe!!
i know you'll understand.....can u believe how expensive new parts are for these old bikes? and how bloody hard it is to find broken spares!!

Maybe ive been looking in the wrong places!! Rolling Eyes

Cheers

Jenny
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart@Work
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:52 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, didn't see your reply here before I wrote the other reply!

Anyway there is also a scanned copy of the original Honda NS125 manual floating round.

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:20 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants the NS manual, gimme a shout.

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:44 - 05 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who wants the 'Microfiche' spare parts diagrams for the NS125R, give me a shout and I'll send it to you.

You will need a Microfiche reader to see the 'small' pictures.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

malc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:19 - 06 Jan 2004    Post subject: Nsr Spares and Manuals Reply with quote

Hi all
This is an economy reply...

Ian
Yes I would like a copy of the fiche.. I can use my scanner to enlarge them and maybe share them with others... Failing that I can digitally film them before enlargement... sounds worth a try..

G & Kickstart
I bought the Haynes manual is the one you have more comprehensive.. If so, I would like a copy..

Jenny
The scrap bike I bought will be going back on the road so no spare exhaust yet but I am looking out for another scrap bike so if I see one around, I'll e-mail you. Spares are pricey and the rebild has to be a labour of love.. Smile ... I think the exhaust is about £150.. If you have the main pipe and just the endbox is knackered you can get a new endbox.

Well guys, thanks for all your feedback... I just need to replace the rings on my NS125 and it should be running well.. Just re plastokoted the wheels and they are looking good..

Cheers

Kickstart@Work
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:24 - 06 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would like the fiche, as well, although I already has one for the NS125F. I do have a fiche reader.

However I would like to know what success people have scanning them. I have loads of microfiche at home and I am toying with upgrading my scanner when I can find one for reasonable money that is capable of doing fiche. I reckon 2400x2400 dpi optical should do it but I am not sure.

The manual floating round is the original Honda one and is different to the Haynes one.

All the best

Keith

Ian (GPX)
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:20 - 06 Jan 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the fiche has been sent to Malc, so you will need to contact him to get prints off it / borrow it.

I did try to scan it in with my scanner and it did not work Sad

OK, I now have some spare bits for the NS125R (F).

I sold my NS125R-K some time ago, the person I sold it to does not want the spares I have, so I am posting them here for sale if anyone wants them.

Original Exhaust with end can £40.00 (includes a new gasket that fits between engine & exhaust).
Radiator £35.00 (has a few fins that are damaged, but does not leak)

Engine and frame and wheels and forks and tank.

The tank is in good condition, the buyer will need to remove the old pet cap as I don't have a key for it, the frame is also good, the forks are bent a little, the wheels are in good condition, but the rear wheel will need a new sprocket. The swing arm has a few dents, but looks OK.
The engine, I don't know if it runs, the kickstart mech was taken off for one of the gears to put on my NS125R before I passed my test, the old gear was kept just in case. The engine is part stripped as I was going to use the spares on the other NS125. I also have a carb for said engine and the Haynes Manual.
It would not take much / long to rebuild the engine as I have all the parts. So, if your looking for spares. I'm putting this up as one lot for £125.00 (over £200.00 in 2nd hand spares here).

The only problem is I can not deliver these items, buyer must collect them. If you want the frame as described above, you will need to have a van or trailer to collect it all.

PM me if you want any of these bits.

malc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Microfiche for keith Reply with quote

Hi Keith
I tried to scan it in and although you can see the diagrams the text is not clear so will pop down to the library and borrow their scanner and photograph each page. That way, everyone can use them.

If I locate a fiche reader/printer I may print them too but these devices are not as common as 25 years ago... Wink

Keep in touch and I'll get it to you in due course.
Cheers

Kickstart@Work
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:37 - 07 Jan 2004    Post subject: Re: Microfiche for keith Reply with quote

malc wrote:
I tried to scan it in and although you can see the diagrams the text is not clear so will pop down to the library and borrow their scanner and photograph each page. That way, everyone can use them.

Pretty much exactly what happened when I tried scanning them. You can get them copied to CD professionally but it is not cheap (cost me £190 for 14 fiche, and that was at a hefty discount as it took them so long).

malc wrote:
If I locate a fiche reader/printer I may print them too but these devices are not as common as 25 years ago... Wink

Used to have one of those by my desk. I have managed to obtain a couple of fiche readers for at home. Good job as I litterally have hundreds of microfiche at home (mainly car ones).

All the best

Keith

kennyfaefife
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:02 - 16 Jan 2004    Post subject: old nsr spares Reply with quote

hi
need footpeg brackets for ma nsr 125 g reg footbreak side if poss will pay (the A bracket that is ) and footbreak aswell plz or do you know of any other bits going about

malc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:22 - 16 Jan 2004    Post subject: NSR Spares Reply with quote

Hi KennyFaeFife
I have a rolling chassis of an NSR which I want the front and rear sections from, so I have a spare petrol tank, frame and foot hangers.. I'll check there state and can photo them.

Which part of the brake did you want?

I ned to check what bits I need for my project but of we can sort our all the bits you need I'll confirm what I have avaialble, as I have bought other NSR spares selectively so have some duplicates.

We can sort out a price onece we have the items selected.
Cheers

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:38 - 16 Jan 2004    Post subject: Re: Microfiche for keith Reply with quote

The NS manual I have online (from Keith) is the Haynes ones, so no help for you I'm afraid.

malc
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:40 - 16 Jan 2004    Post subject: Manual Reply with quote

Thanks G....
Cheers
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1