Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The RS250 is dead. Long live the RS250 Pista

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:18 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: The RS250 is dead. Long live the RS250 Pista Reply with quote

Aprilia have re-launched the RS250 as a track only bike. Complete with race fairings, lightweight exhaust and carbaon/kevlar silencers.

They've also announced track-only versions of the RSV and RS125, both with lightweight race fairings and exhausts.

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:31 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds cool

i'm also guessing that a light weight wallet will follow as standard Shocked Very Happy

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 22:16 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pista?

Is that anything to do with Pasta? Oh, I'm hungry - apologies.

At least these bikes haven't been totally taken out of production. I suppose there is no chance of making either road legal? Does anyone, Keith, kno what Aprilia are doing to replace the two strokes?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 22:19 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RS125 is still being made in road legal form. They are releasing conversion kits for te RS125 and the RSV to make them road legal as well.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 05 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think that Aprilia need to be seriously thinking about getting a Ditech RS250 if not a 500 on the road, as its such a shame that the most sporty and one of the best handling two stroke bikes is gonna be taken away from us. The real shame is that the Ditech technology seems to work really well on the 50cc motors, and so with some development it could surely be used on a 250 twin? I mean even if it doesn't gain any power, the Ditech motors are supposed to be much more drivable below the powerband, and be like more than twice as clean, and use about 1/2 as much oil as a normal stroker. Combine that with the light weight of the 2 stroke engine, and that would have to be progress, and possibly the future for light weight small performance bike engines. I mean if the mazda Renesis can win an engine award, then so should a bigger, cleaner and very high power to weight ratio 2 stroke.
Its the sad truth that otherwise new 2stroke bikes will in probably less than 2 yrs become a thing of the past. Still i'm not gonna cry too much as now at last i've found myself a half decent, but tatty KMX200 to re-build, i've done my bit to find a use for a few more bottles of TTS!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 01:45 - 06 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Suspect the problem is supplying enough fuel for a 125cc cylinder within the time available at high revs.

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 149 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1